Goldfish - Aquariums - Finally made the switch from white to black sand, love it so much (ft. eggbert and lemon)


Finally made the switch from white to black sand, love it so much (ft. eggbert and lemon)

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

My lil baby Pumpkin already figuring out hand feeding ♡

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:02 PM PDT

My two little buddies !!

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:54 PM PDT

Im pretty sure its albino!

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:21 PM PDT

Just sat down for a snack and coffee after a good long tank maintenance day. Now Blubbers and I are basking together in some rainy afternoon vibes.

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:03 PM PDT

Fry are getting big enough to watch eat.

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

Solid gold aquatics

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

Idk if anyone here has watched any of her goldfish videos but she shares lots of great information! She stopped posting for like and year but just posted another video..just letting those know who did ever watch her!!

submitted by /u/redolive123
[link] [comments]

Can anyone identify the white spot on his wen? It just appeared today. It’s isolated to that one spot & his tank mate isn’t showing any anywhere on her. Parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and less than 5 nitrate.

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:40 PM PDT

Hi guys, posting here as dont know what else to do:( our 5 year old goldfish has barely moved the past few days, and has these red veiny lines on its tail - i know they can mean nitrate/nitrite/ammonia poisoning but weve done all the tests and everything is within normal range - any ideas?:(

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:56 AM PDT

Advice on adding new goldfish who may be too slow?

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:51 PM PDT

I've got a tank with a comet who is well established. I got as a gift what I thought was a shubunkin, but upon closer investigation it has a double tail. It still looks fairly streamlined, is there any way it could compete? Or should I ask the local fish club if they have anyone who could take it? I'd hate to do so as I'm already sort of attached, but I want to give it a good life.

New one (as yet unnamed): https://i.imgur.com/kBIIqeI.jpg

And Pierre, my existing fish, who is sadly quite fast: https://i.imgur.com/aNT8IxM

submitted by /u/SPQR_BN
[link] [comments]

how to keep a moss ball down?

Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:15 AM PDT

i just got a moss ball for my goldies, and I don't care if they eat it as long as it makes them happy, but after just a few hours i guess the current was too strong and the whole ball just got sucked up and plastered against the filter. i took it off, reassembled it, and now it's just vibing in a little bowl next to my tank. anything you've used to keep the moss ball from rolling around everywhere and deteriorating completely, or is this just an inevitability?

submitted by /u/spankedwalrus
[link] [comments]

Has damaged black moor eye sacs?

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:08 PM PDT

A month ago I noticed one eye was much smaller than the other. At first I thought it was popeye, but pictures confirmed that the large eye was the normal size and the small one was the abnormal one.

It seems the sac can be burst for black moors from physical trauma. I foolishly added some driftwood to my tank which I think was responsible for this and am waiting to see if it refills. I've been doing medium frequent water changes with extra salt. Behavior is good, but his small eye has remained the same size and is still slightly clouded over from whatever scratched it. There's nothing in the tank now but soft live plants, three round river rocks, and an internal filter (replaced after the wound, before that it was a HOB filter that he never had issues with before).

Has anyone had their fish's eye go back to normal after this? I'm kind of prepared for it to be like this forever but if there's anything else I can do to help I will.

submitted by /u/Veritas__Mendax
[link] [comments]

A friend's goldfish has a lump. More info in comments.

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:07 AM PDT

What is happening to my goldfish?? Went to a vacation and came back to see this :(

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:34 AM PDT

Goldfish has pretty intense cloudy eye. Parameters in comments.

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:29 PM PDT

Shubunkin compatible goldfish

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

Hi, I have a shubunkin that I want to get some friends for. I currently have a single mystery snail but I'm looking to get another goldfish and some minnows and maybe some shrimp but I'm terms of goldfish I'm not sure what would be the best idea. I understand that comets and commons are the most compatible with shubunkins because of their speed and size but I would prefer something smaller. Is there any variant of fancy that would at all be compatible and able to keep up? Thank you!

submitted by /u/JackOfHearts2002
[link] [comments]

Indoor pond prepared for the winter and rescued goldfish (work in progress)

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:49 AM PDT

Swollen pond goldfish - but has been for months and no 'pine-coning' and not dead!?

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:46 PM PDT

Hi folks

Would appreciate some advice on an ill-looking goldfish I have in my pond. I've checked the wiki/web and not found anything quite right due to the timescales.

The shortish version is: I have a goldfish in my 'semi-natural' pond, which is very swollen. It looks like pictures I see of dropsy, but it is NOT 'pine-coning' and is still alive months (4-5) after getting to this size. I'm no expert on goldfish behaviour, but it seems as happy swimming about as it's friends. I've finally caught it - any advice?

And the long version: As above. It's in a pond in my garden with lots of water plants and plenty of other goldfish who all seem happy and healthy. The pond and the fish have been self-sustaining for over 6 years now with very little input from us and have all been fine. The pond is also home to newts, frogs, toads, insects etc. This particular fish has a very distended belly and has been like this for 4-5 months, but outside of that acts like all the other fish. I've been trying to catch it for months and have finally done it, but am a little unsure what to do next. I don't have a tank or any equipment, so it's in a clean bucket partially submerged in the pond to maintain temperature. I'm in the UK, so it will start getting cold now, and it's swollen size has coincided with the warmer Spring/Summer weather.

My priority is that it doesn't have a painful death, any advice very welcome!

submitted by /u/Horror_Ant6290
[link] [comments]

Hi guys, posting here as dont know what else to do:( our 5 year old goldfish has barely moved the past few days, and has these red veiny lines on its tail - i know they can mean nitrate/nitrite/ammonia poisoning but weve done all the tests and everything is within normal range - any ideas?:(

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

Advice for sick fish, please

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:41 AM PDT

Help! i just added a pearlscale and ranchu to a 7-gallon tank yesterday. My deco setup is in the picture (minus the gravel, I took it out). My ranchu is quite active and swims around a lot but today I noticed a scale fall off and red 3 spots appear on the bottom, plus one on his tail.

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:48 AM PDT

Tank odor-

Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:36 AM PDT

I only have one large goldfish in a ten gal tank but I keep smelling a bad moldy odor. What is the problem? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I also have condensation on the glass, and some bubbles or foam?? I have a corner filter.

submitted by /u/WestAd6738
[link] [comments]

Took a picture this morning to show how orange mittens had gotten overnight and then he was back to normal a few hours later

Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.