Aquatic Koi Koi Swim Bladder Issue Help


Koi Swim Bladder Issue Help

Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:44 PM PDT

Hi all,

This evening, I did a water change in my small koi pond as I about once a week to lower the nitrates. The koi were acting strangely after it, hanging near the surface for the most part, but I didn't think much of it until one of them (smallest one) started swimming sideways with a clear swim bladder problem. And I am just at a loss as to what the hell happened, because there was no change in water temperature according to my thermometer, and, other than the nitrates, no change in the chemical parameters as far as my test strips go.

I had fed them sometime beforehand, so the nearest I can figure out is maybe that had something to do with it in relation to constipation — but I would again have thought that would only happen if there was a drastic temperature change, which there wasn't. I do not know if I should just leave it alone and hope the off-one fixes itself come morning and the others one don't start taking ill too, or if I should try to treat the sick one with epsom salt if it is constipation, to help it pass. Please help!

submitted by /u/ViscountVixen
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.