Goldfish - Aquariums - Couldn't resist this guy's face, fell in love and took him home on the spot. Thinking he looks like an Eggbert


Couldn't resist this guy's face, fell in love and took him home on the spot. Thinking he looks like an Eggbert

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:28 PM PDT

Where are the pellets, mother?

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:09 PM PDT

Our little guy is healing from surviving an egret attack! We are screening our porch to prevent this from happening again

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

swimming’ around

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:30 PM PDT

THIS IS WHY YOU QUARANTINE

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:11 PM PDT

Need help identifying what type of goldfish these are. I forgot to ask the store but I think they're either Ryukin or Fantail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:12 PM PDT

Yo

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:30 AM PDT

Adding Freeze dried vege powders to gel food

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:37 PM PDT

Just found out the existence of freeze dried veges such as broccoli and spinach and had the idea that maybe it'd be a great addition to the repashy I make. Does anyone have any experience with this or can think of a reason not too if they're %100 vege?

submitted by /u/aliiak
[link] [comments]

It's this cancer?? (Info in the comments)

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:56 PM PDT

He had gotten increasingly crooked throughout his 4 years of life. He is healthy but i was wondering if this is genetic caused by overstocking (i have two small goldfish in a 20 gal tank though i do weekly water changes). What do you guys think?

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:56 PM PDT

Fish tank size???

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:15 PM PDT

I have been debating about getting another goldfish! I don't know what tank sizes for certain breeds though. Please help me!

What size tank for a ryukin? What size tank for a black moor and an Oranda? What size tank for two Orandas? What size tank for two ryukins? What size tank for a ranchu?

submitted by /u/Groundbreaking-Toe36
[link] [comments]

is this a virus or a parasite? when i looked into what this could be, all i saw was ich but he only has one big white lump on his face and not sand like dots all over. i quarantined him yesterday and it was like half the size it was today, what is this?

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:08 PM PDT

Fry about to hatch.

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:44 AM PDT

My hurricane system worked!

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:20 AM PDT

I have three goldfish tanks (two 75 gallons and currently, a slightly overstocked 40b quarantine with four new ranchu) and a pond (1k gallons) and live in an area with frequent hurricanes. We don't lose power often because we have underground utilities, but when we do it's usually for a full day and then I'm fighting my cycle for a week to get it to bounce back. I finally decided I was done stressing out and bought a decent sized gas generator.

So, Isaiah knocked our power out yesterday and I finally got to try out the generator I bought just for the tanks. It ran two fx6 filters and a seachem tidal 110 for 20 hours today, and then power came back on. I had to fill the gas twice in that time, not even using 5 gallons of gas. Whenever I walked by the tanks I'd pick up a few cups of water and let them fall back into the tank for oxygenation, but I doubt I even needed to do that. My fish are showing zero signs of stress, so they're doing better than I am, I think. I'm stressed, for sure.

I'll do a water change once clean up is done tomorrow, but I think I finally have a system to keep my fish safe in the event of a major loss of power.

What systems do you guys have in place for emergencies? I think we should share as much as we can so we are better prepared in the future.

submitted by /u/Betta_jazz_hands
[link] [comments]

Goldfish suddenly falling ill, seemingly overnight (I've read the wiki and sidebar but don't have a clear answer)

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:20 PM PDT

I've already checked the wiki and rules but if I've missed something/broken a rule please let me know

  • 2 Ryukin, 1 Oranda, 1 comet fantail goldfish (the ill one) and all are 1-2in and have been in the tank for about 3-4 months, and 4 Ammno shrimp which have been in the tank for 3ish years

  • 55 gallon (has been set up for years now), semi-planted (2 narrow leaf java ferns, 2 anubias, but a lot of fake plants), led lighting, filter is a Rena Filster XP2 (rated for a 75 gallon tank)

  • Water parameters: Ammonia: ~0.15ppm, Nitrite: 0ppm, Nitrate: 20ppm, pH: ~7.7, temp is 70F; I know the ammonia is a bit high since I think my dad may have been overfeeding but I've been doing really frequent water changes to bring that down.

Symptoms: the part that is throwing me off is that the comet fantail got ill overnight. Literally one day nothing is wrong, the next day I see it lethargic, unable to swim well, looking emaciated, fins clamped to the side, and just lying on the ground or on a plant. Coloration is still colorful as ever, fins are in good condition, no sores, no gasping, just what I've already described. The poop looks healthy too. The fish's appetite is on and off and other fish in the tank seem 100% healthy. No bullying either from what I can tell. It has been like this for about 2 days now.

I've been feeding them greens we grow in our backyard (natural compost and no pesticides) once a day for the past 2 days, but ordinarily I feed them greens, flakes, and some frozen fish food (worms, brine shrimp, etc.). The fish have been healthy for about 3 or 4 months and then suddenly this.

From what I've read on the wiki, it seems like the closest fit is nitrate related issue but it is under the 40ppm as suggested in the wiki. Even though my ammonia is a bit high compared to what it should be, I haven't seen symptoms of ammonia poisoning.

I pretty much at a loss. I've had fish before, but I've been able to track them as they get sick, not this sudden overnight illness. I am out of the house but if I can get my dad to send photos I will update.

submitted by /u/Ctosea
[link] [comments]

Goldfish sitting at bottom of hospital tank during salt treatment

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:42 PM PDT

I have 3, 4-5 inch goldfish in my 55 aquarium and recently they started exhibiting symptoms of parasites (I think) they were starting to act a lot less energetic than normal, and gasping for air for extended periods of time at the surface of the water. I also believe I've observed them attempting to scratch themselves often which makes me think its Chilodonella? The three goldfish in question are also the only fish in the tank to show this behavior so I'm doubtful that the water conditions are unsuitable (I've done tests and the ph being at 8.0 is the only discrepancy, I'm picking up some ph stabilizer as I'm typing this) I'm unsure but I transferred them to a 10 gallon hospital tank with 1 1/2 cups of sea salt as well as api general cure. They seemed to be doing a lot better initially but now they seem to be "resting" at the bottom of the hospital tank. Is this stressful behavior? Should I take them out immediately or do a water change? Anything helps, thank you.

EDIT: Water temp may also be a factor. I live in Texas so room temperature and thusly water temp is a little high at 78 degrees f. I try to put frozen water bottles in as often as possible.

submitted by /u/VoltoTempest
[link] [comments]

Comets lip deformity making it hard to eat

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:41 AM PDT

Ive recently notice that my black comets bottom lip seems to have gone inwards and he can't fully open his mouth. He wasn't born like this its only the past week or two. Hes finding it hard to even eat flake food, he has to suck the flakes in and nibble a bit off and spit the rest out, anyone know how i can help him?

submitted by /u/fisherguy23
[link] [comments]

PLEASE HELP WITH MY RANCHU

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:26 AM PDT

Not sure if its a parasite or not

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:15 PM PDT

I have a goldfish who had a white string of poop. im thinking it may have a parasite but its still active and is eating im not sure what I do about that

submitted by /u/D3N11L
[link] [comments]

Goldfish & Aquaponics

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:36 AM PDT

I am starting up a new aquaponic system to grow lettuce and some herbs in. I have been cycling my tank for about 2 weeks now while waiting for some sprouts and cloned plants to build some roots.

The tank is 10 gallons and the planter that the water gets cycled through is about 5 gallon capacity.

Anyway, while I was at the fish store getting some supplies, I spoke with one of the guys that had experience with aquaponics and he suggested Goldfish because they make more waste than other fish and in an aquaponic system that's what you want.

So I started researching goldfish and most people are recommending minimum 20 gallons for 1 goldfish.

Will I be ok with 1 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank because I have the added filtration of the plants, or is the main concern that 10 gallons is not enough space? If 10 gallons is enough space but the main concern being waste buildup, how many goldfish could live comfortably in a 10 gallon area?

Recommended types of goldfish for this situation?

Any experience or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/MookSkywalker
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.