Axolotl - Aquariums - My hungry little dragon


My hungry little dragon

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:10 AM PDT

He be floatin'

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:47 AM PDT

Blue likes to sit on his pot and look at his reflection

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:35 AM PDT

HI! I am Rue��

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:24 PM PDT

Tofu sending smiles to everyone having a not so good day

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:30 AM PDT

my chunky(post meal bloat) boy named Beast wanted to say good morning!

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:35 AM PDT

Nice day for a bubble bath

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

Say Hello to our little Baby "Toothless".

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:25 PM PDT

I don't have an axolotl baby yet, but the husband got some cute earrings for my bday today!! Love them!!

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:10 PM PDT

The guilty face of a finger biter

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:37 AM PDT

doin a lil swim

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:10 AM PDT

Greetings from the aquarial saints Celestine and Sabbatine. May your tanks prosper for lotlkind

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:02 PM PDT

apex predator

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:55 AM PDT

New axolotl owner. Not sure what's going on with my little one and I'm worried. Hasn't ate in 3 days and has this spot by his mouth. I have him in his feeding tub at the moment. His tail keeps moving. I can post a video of that if needed. I think he was constipated but has gone since. Any ideas?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:56 AM PDT

Hurricane ruined the worms in stores. Os this fine for the time being?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

Maybe sick axolotl?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:37 AM PDT

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my gf bc she's super worried about her pet axolotl, he's got a red patch on his side but she can't find what the problem might be. The axolotl has been eating less but has had his water changed every day recently, and treated as normal. Anybody have an idea as to what it might be? Thanks

Picture

submitted by /u/FabulousF0x
[link] [comments]

New tank set up

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:03 AM PDT

Hi there! I have a fully cycled 20 gallon long tank, I use sand and fine gravel as a substrate and have many live plants and hides, as well as a few air stones. I am looking to bring my first axolotl home sometime next week and want to make sure I have everything ready for him. My ammonia, nitrates, and temperature are all well within normal range. One thing that concerns me is the fine gravel I have. It's mixed in with the sand and maybe the size of half a pencil eraser if not smaller? Would I need to clean that out, or is that not something to worry about?

I also have hikari pellets and will be picking up some bloodworms. Is there anything I should know before I pick my axolotl up? I've been doing a lot of research, but first hand advise is always appreciated :)

submitted by /u/Cmpetty
[link] [comments]

Bacterial Bloom

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

Hello, I bought my daughter an axolotl for her birthday in April. At first the tank was cloudy then I started using spring bottled water in the tank and it got better. Recently we cannot get rid of the cloudy water to save our lives it is so frustrating. The water quality is perfect. I have upgrade the filter to a 75 gallon canister filter. we are using a sponge on the end of the take in valve. Using high quality water. doing 25% water changes every other day. And doing 50% to 70% water changes once a week and still the tank is so cloudy that we cant even find her axie most of the time. I am at a loss I dont know what the problem is it seems we have tried everything. The tank is still only a 20 gallon is that is the next order of business for us to upgrade to a large tank . I never thought this pet would be such an anxiety for me. I worry about her all day because of the cloudy water..HELP!!

submitted by /u/coralinetheaxie
[link] [comments]

Gill length on adult axolotls

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:16 AM PDT

Hello,

I've been doing some googling on the typical gill length for more mature axolotls since my axy's gills have shrunk considerably since coming out of his juvie stage.

I read somewhere that they absorb oxygen from the water in multiple ways - via their skin, via their lungs, and via their gills. Wherever I was reading this said that their gills tend to shrink after they mature since their lungs are more developed, and there is more surface area to absorb through their skin because of their size. They didn't indicate what size would be healthy for an adult though, and obviously the oxygen level in the water is a big factor too.

What I wanted to know is, if you have an axolotl that's maybe 2 years old and above, can you please share a picture so I can get some ideas of what might be normal, and if I should be worried about my axy?

Many thanks! :)

submitted by /u/Anony_mousey
[link] [comments]

helo

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:09 AM PDT

This guys first ever worm!

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:00 PM PDT

Companion ?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:14 AM PDT

Is a pleco a good companion for an axolotl?

submitted by /u/EA_J2015
[link] [comments]

New aquarium: Should I start a new cycle or transfer the water from old aquarium?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:40 AM PDT

I currently have a juvenile axie in a 10 gallon and an adult in a 36 gallon aquarium. Now that my juvenile is outgrowing the 10 gallon I've ordered a new 40 gallon breeder for the two of them! But I'm wondering if I could just transfer the water from their old aquariums instead of starting a new cycle?

submitted by /u/Whispen_
[link] [comments]

Dexter is loving the pellets! �� he wasn't sure about me not hand feeding him at first. Lol. But we are getting by

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:20 PM PDT

I’ve recently stumbled upon this as a worm substitute for axolotls, does this provide a healthy diet for a growing/adult axie? Me and my partner are both very squeamish so are trying to find the best alternative to feeding live worms ��

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:21 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.