Aquatic Snails Biscuit’s first meal in my tank (still in her bag tho!) she’s so adorable!!


Biscuit’s first meal in my tank (still in her bag tho!) she’s so adorable!!

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:45 AM PDT

Found this sub so posting pics of my big one

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:38 PM PDT

My very first clutch!!!!

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:51 AM PDT

Anyone know what the fuzz in on my friend? I have brushed it off the other day and it’s back? Maybe it didn’t go away all the way? Not sure!

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:24 PM PDT

Snail that came on a plant has a cracked shell, anything I can do?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:09 PM PDT

Hungry snabies

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:14 PM PDT

Will an assassin snail eat my nerites or other big snails I've read plenty of controversial stuff about them.

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:17 AM PDT

Peanut, god of all snails

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 02:24 PM PDT

Biscuit is baby ♡

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:49 AM PDT

Could anyone identify these snails? Or are they too young?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:28 PM PDT

I need an nerite expert!

Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:01 AM PDT

Does anyone know at what size the "neritina natelensis" reach their sexual maturity? Or any other big nerite species would do the job. My project is to try to breed them with "Theodoxus Fluviatilis" or (River nerite) It's a small freshwater nerite that can reproduce in fresh water. Since the only true freshwater nerite specie is small (the average adult size is 1 cm) I would like to create a big freshwater nerite hybrid that you can easily breed in fresh water. And the other question is: Do you guys know if different species of nerites can crossbreed?

submitted by /u/WungielPL
[link] [comments]

Expecting ??

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:58 PM PDT

Nerite only active at night?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:40 PM PDT

Hi all. I recently bought a black racer nerite for my 5g betta tank and the little guys been making himself at home this past week. However, I don't see him unless he is smushed up against the glass under the gravel or cruising around at night. He leaves little tracks on the glass, so I know he's eating and moving around. He just seems to prefer to bundle up during the day and move around at night. Is this normal, or is something in my tank stressing him out? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/axo1ot1_2
[link] [comments]

How many snails are too many in a 40g?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:35 PM PDT

Hello! My betta died last week and I just can't take anymore fish deaths. Too hard. I think I want it to be snails only for a while. It's a 40g breeder with live plants. Right now it's stocked with

2 adult mystery snails 3 baby mysteries 4 limpet nerites 3 regular nerites 3 cappuccino snails

I don't have plans to let any mystery clutches hatch. I supplement feed them shelled peas and cucumbers. Sometimes algae wafers. Do you think adding a rabbit snail would be too much? I don't want to overstock it but my kids love watching the tank and I thought adding a rabbit snail would be fun. Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Ironbornsuck
[link] [comments]

Weird snail behavior?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:12 PM PDT

I currently have a small (3 gallon) bowl with a sponge filter set up for 5 ramshorns (this was an emergency set up as my betta was beating them up pretty harshly) they haven't been in there for long, but I've noticed something weird they've been doing. sometimes they'll crawl up to the top of the tank and let go, floating on the surface of the water in the current from the filter. after a bit, they'll latch back onto the glass whenever they are pushed towards it. They usually do this with their foot facing the ceiling, and the top of their shell facing the substrate. should I be concerned? I'm worried it's an indicator of health issues.

submitted by /u/snailq
[link] [comments]

Thought I only had one snail, it turns out I actually have 2 more!

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 02:35 PM PDT

Help with my new snail?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:28 PM PDT

So I'm a little concerned about my mystery/ramshorn snail. Her name is Margo :)

I got her and Blaze(nerite) at the same time and they were both zooming around the tank happily, but a couple days later margo hid in her shell with the hard mucus covering her opening securely.

She was like this for 2-3 days until she started peaking out still attached to the mucus covering. I picked her up and she shrank back in so i knew she was alive. (At this point Blaze has shrunk in his shell too) But now (2days later) she's halfway out of her shell but doesn't shrink back in when i pick her up.

She doesn't smell and there is resistance when i gently tug at the covering but no movement in or out. I did notice tiny somewhat clear/white stringy things from the opening of her shell. Blaze is exactly as he was. I've separated Margo into a tiny tank with similar water conditions. My planted tank (2weeks old) stays between 75-80°F ph =7.2 and ammonia at .5-1. I'm aware that the ammonia is supposed to be 0 but I read that it was okay in the beginning.

Can anybody help me with Margo?

submitted by /u/DeclassifiedDesktop
[link] [comments]

Assassin snail sperm storage?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:26 PM PDT

How long can assassin snails store sperm?
I was thinking of getting a single assassin snail to help keep the pest snails down, but I don't want to end up having to control the population.

submitted by /u/InTheFDN
[link] [comments]

what’s wrong with the shell? info in comments

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:37 AM PDT

Just got two more baby snails yesterday, MAN do they poop! (4 snails total, 2 in each of my tanks)

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

Do you all wait to clean it via water change or do you clean it when you see it? I have plants on my tank, maybe it's good in there for a bit?

submitted by /u/thursdayriver
[link] [comments]

Another baby snail video! This one is the medium sized one, he climbed on the heater today

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:44 AM PDT

They gather

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:16 AM PDT

best place to buy aquatic snails?

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:40 AM PDT

i'm looking to buy some full grown aquatic snails, but the petco near me seems to have lots of dead ones all the time so i don't trust them :( i can't have babies because my fish will eat them

submitted by /u/oceanalice
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.