Aquatic Snails After my snails died, preserving their shells was the most therapeutic thing I could do for myself. Here are Sylvia and Eliot :')


After my snails died, preserving their shells was the most therapeutic thing I could do for myself. Here are Sylvia and Eliot :')

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:04 PM PDT

Snail parade in my tank! 30 second time-lapse made from 30 minutes of footage

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:06 PM PDT

Love watching this monster. He’s a dork but I love him.

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:57 PM PDT

Caught in the clutch

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:53 AM PDT

My mystery snail Peanut took a little tumble

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:14 PM PDT

Is this calcium powder okay to use in Snello? There’s copper sulfate listed as the last ingredient. I know basically everything has a little bit of copper in it but I don’t know if 2 ppm is a lot.

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:59 PM PDT

Nerites suddenly eating anubis??!!

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:46 PM PDT

I've had both a Tiger and Zebra Nerite in a tank with several Anubis plants for well over six months. The Nerites never showed any interest in the Anubis until the past week where they've both zeroed in on one specific plant and started to eat the leaves from the center of the leaf outwards leaving a "latticework" looking center section on several leaves. Nothing has changed in the tank (I drop a 1/4 of a Hiraki algae wafter in the tank twice a week to ensure that the Nerites have supplemental food). Any ideas why my two helmet heads have decided to make their own salad bar?

submitted by /u/WhooperMan
[link] [comments]

Sexing Nerites

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:23 PM PDT

Hello!

I have a tank with 4 nerites and everything has been going well for months, but suddenly at least one of them laid eggs all over my tank, so now I am trying to figure out which one(s) are female.

I have isolated them in bowls for a few days (changing water every day with water from the tank) and blanched carrots, and covered with plastic wrap, but none of them is laying eggs anymore!

How do I identify the female(s)?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/matthewlai
[link] [comments]

Snail ID?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

How often should I feed my mystery snail algae wafers?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:10 PM PDT

I have two mystery snails- how often should I feed them? Every other day?

submitted by /u/lovinglasss
[link] [comments]

Snail Eggs

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:31 PM PDT

My mystery snail laid eggs but there hasn't been another snail in the tank since March, what should I do with them?

submitted by /u/broseluz
[link] [comments]

first ever batch of ramshorn eggs! if in the future I don’t want any more babies, how can I humanely dispose of the eggs?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:51 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.