Goldfish - Aquariums - Hello! Can the algae from the stones cause any harm to the fish or I can leave it there? Any extra info is helpful.


Hello! Can the algae from the stones cause any harm to the fish or I can leave it there? Any extra info is helpful.

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 09:25 AM PDT

Just finished a round of ParaCleanse but Snoopy is still acting a bit weird. I know they just rest sometimes (the bottom sitting in the first few seconds) but is he still flashing? You’ll see what I’m taking about towards the end of the video

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:52 AM PDT

My Goldfish

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:30 PM PDT

What makes goldfish an appealing pet for you?

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 10:16 AM PDT

I've been debating whether to keep a few goldfish in the future. It won't be for a few more years, though.

I've researched them heavily but I'm always scared that I'll get bored of them eventually. They're a 10+ year commitment and they're so hard to properly re-home at that. If I get some, it's ideal that I keep them for life.

Goldfish seem like a difficult pet to keep properly. You have to clean their tanks, feed them the correct diets, etc.

submitted by /u/Gallantpride
[link] [comments]

Goldfish ulcer? My goldfish of about 9 years had a red spot and it seemed like maybe she hurt herself. Today I noticed it became super bad! There’s like some white and it looks like her skin is peeling. I have her alone in a 36 gallon tank. Any recommendations what I should do?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:26 PM PDT

My spidey sense says my goldfish is not doing well. He is swimming differently, perhaps showing very early signs of a swim bladder issue. Inspected him well and the only physical change I see is as marked in blue. His head looks slightly uneven and bumpy. Any ideas what this might be?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:08 PM PDT

Sick Goldfish advice

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 01:48 AM PDT

My goldfish had a bad case of swim bladder disease. He was sideways and just floating on top of the water. I moved him into his own tank and gave him some medication. Within hours he perked up and he's now the right way up and swimming about as if nothing is wrong. He's been this way for 12 hours. I've not tried to feed him yet and was planning to leave it a few days before trying to give him some food. I want to move him back to the normal tank with his friends as I think he's feeling lonely and scared on his own but if I move him I won't be able to medicate him. The medication saids to add it to the water every 4 days but doesn't say to stop if the goldfish gets better. I was wondeirng if anyone had any suggestions on how long I should wait before it's safe to reintroduce him without risking a resurgence of the problem? Also if he's looking better should I keep giving him the medication or just stop now he's swimming about as normal?

submitted by /u/mspel1
[link] [comments]

Over analyzing my goldfish but is she ok? Details in comments, would love help!

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:44 AM PDT

Will she lose the black!

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:49 PM PDT

Hey guys! I'm still slowly picking away at getting my first setup together but I'm keeping an eye on places I want to get fish from when I'm finally ready. I was looking at a fish hatchery and came across this oranda: https://www.windsorfishhatchery.com.au/kaleidoscope-oranda-11-12cm-female-92-p5-watch-the-videos/

And I just love the way she looks. Thing is, I know black colouration is unstable. Just from looking at her markings, do you guys think there's any chance of her keeping the black? I especially love how it's come out in her wen. She'll likely be sold before I'm ready to buy but that hatchery may have a similar fish eventually.

submitted by /u/MinotaurHead
[link] [comments]

My black comet goldfish seems do have developed these white spots on him, they are on both sides and are different sizes. How could I help him?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:40 AM PDT

My goldfish just spawned,Due quarentine I'm not able to get any live food for when they hatch.What could I feed them with?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:45 AM PDT

Does anyone know what this is? Recently came up, big white cloud in my 4 year old fish

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:36 AM PDT

possible fin rot?

Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:03 PM PDT

Hi all! I have a 30 gallon planted tank that is stocked with 1 black moor goldfish, a few lemon tetras and then various invertebrates. I just noticed that my goldfish has a little frayed area on his tail and it's a bit white so i'm just going to assume it's fin rot. I check my parameters weekly and do 25% changes and then monthly do a 50% change so i'm confident it's not a water quality issue. From what I've been reading aquarium salt is the way to go (correct me if i'm wrong). My question is, will aquarium salt harm any of my shrimp, crawfish, snails, or plants? And can someone recommend a dosing schedule for my tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

submitted by /u/meganmalloy4eva
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.