Reef Tank - Aquariums - It's not exactly a tank but instead inspired by one. I've just finished painting my son's bedroom


It's not exactly a tank but instead inspired by one. I've just finished painting my son's bedroom

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:16 AM PDT

True...

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 10:33 PM PDT

What’s been your “feeding time” through all this?

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:56 PM PDT

Lost my job today due to what’s happening. Plopped myself in front of the tank and had some chill time. Took a few macro shots. Feeling better already. Stay safe everyone

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:39 PM PDT

Not a bad place to be quarantined.

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:00 PM PDT

Dragonface pipefish hanging out in gsp

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:43 AM PDT

Redsea reefer 250 after water change this morning

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:41 PM PDT

Clownin around in the euphyllia garden

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:44 PM PDT

6 feet please, bye

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:55 PM PDT

Friendly reminder to change your sediment filter!

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:01 PM PDT

Hermit crabs are just straight up mean at times...

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:21 PM PDT

Acan Echinata during the day

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 04:41 PM PDT

Two week update after adding fish! Everyone seems to be getting in a rhythm! Added some GSP and Dragons Breath!

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:35 PM PDT

That’s why almost everything died. Double check your thermometer!

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 04:32 PM PDT

My frag farm which needs to have some inhabitants planted permanently. Acans will always have my top spot.

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:56 PM PDT

Lifespan of Wrasses and Basslets

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:37 AM PDT

I've finally decided I'll be getting a 65-gal tank. No more changes. The dimensions will be 75cm-55cm-60cm. Since I'm not sure if I can have a Dwarf Angel as the centerpiece fish (Cherub, Flameback, or Coral Beauty) I'm looking at Wrasses and Basslets to add color.

I've been looking at the longevity for different species of fish and I've pretty much ruled out Firefish (3-4 years), Cardinals (3-5 years), most gobies and blennies (2-5 years, 1-2 for Neon Gobies), and the Blackcap Basslet (3-5 years, yeah it's a Basslet but from my research it seems to be an anomaly maybe due to its deep water habitat).

The fish I'm paying close attention to include Clowns (many have kept them for 10+, some even 20+), Blue Green Reef Chromis (8-15 years), non-Firefish Dartfish (5+ years), Hawkfish (up to 10 from my research but RIP inverts), Yellow Watchman Goby (I've read people who've had them for 10+ years), and maybe the Dwarf / Pygmy Angels can do 6-8, maybe more with good care. Dottybacks 5-7 but they're too aggressive.

Wrasses: Fairy and Flasher are beautiful, I'm looking at the 3"-4" ones. However, my concern is their beauty is very fleeting. From my research, Fairies do 5-6 years and Flashers 4-5 years. I'm also interested in the Pink Streak and possibly the Possum but then again, 3-4 years. 

It seems (correct me if I'm wrong) the longest lives are the Halichoeres (Yellow Coris, Melanthurus, Vrolik's, Red Lined) and the Lined (4, 6, Mystery) have the most longevity. From what I've read Halichoeres can do 7-8, while Lined species can do up to 10.

Hogfish, Google says Yellow Candy can do up to 11, Pacific Peppermint not sure but I assume around the same.

Is it true I should buy small regardless of the Wrasse or Hogfish species? That terminal males don't have much life left in them?

Basslets: Blackcap seems to be an anomaly possibly due to its deep dwelling habitat. Royal Grammas from what I've read average 6-7, at least 5, but I've read people keeping them for 8-10 years. One guy on a forum says he's had his for 13. Swissguard, Chalk, Lantern I'd assume to be similar?

Haven't found any info on the Golden or Randall's Assessors but I'd assume they're about the same as the Grammas / Swissguard Basslets?

It would really be cool to have a couple of fish that I started out with be with me for many years. I'm setting goals for myself too. 3 years, then 6 years, then 10+. Would that be too difficult for a first-time hobbyist?

I'm also trying to buy the species as small as possible if given the choice. My two Chinese dealers do captive bred Clowns and some Angels, their wild caught fish are from PH and Indonesia. One quarantines for a week, the other 3-4 days.

Thanks and I appreciate insight on the lifespans.

submitted by /u/Eastern_Wu_Fleet
[link] [comments]

Urchin’s collection is really taking off.

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 02:47 PM PDT

Side Boob of the Reef

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:04 AM PDT

Finally got some good photos

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:16 AM PDT

Tiny tank Tiny time lapse

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:39 PM PDT

Can anyone identify what these are. They just showed up in my tank?

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:05 PM PDT

Life after Dinoflagellates...it’s been rough��

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:04 PM PDT

Does anyone have a PNP SC aquarium?

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:26 PM PDT

If so, thoughts? Critiques? Issues? Looking at getting the 100g. TIA

submitted by /u/lbandrew
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.