Reef Tank - Aquariums - In these trying times, enjoy a relaxing video of what my wife calls “that bloody fish tank”.


In these trying times, enjoy a relaxing video of what my wife calls “that bloody fish tank”.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:24 PM PDT

New angler settling in well!

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:57 AM PDT

My newly built water mixing station (still needs plumbing)

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

A year and a half ago I bought a tank off of craigslist...

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:08 PM PDT

Tour of @alabama_nano

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:31 PM PDT

Not reef tank related, but someone asked what was going on to the left of my tank, chameleons.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:26 PM PDT

My 5g Fluval. All this staying at home is making me want to upgrade

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 04:51 PM PDT

Took a pic of my Zoas tonight

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:55 PM PDT

Love the pink glow from my refug lights at night!

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:56 PM PDT

Time lapse from this morning, lots of activity!

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:31 AM PDT

A peaceful morning in the reef.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:07 PM PDT

Took some glamour shots of my fish; this one is my favorite ��

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 04:45 PM PDT

5 gallon pico.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 04:37 AM PDT

Clown jumped the return

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:46 AM PDT

My BTA split up again just a week after regular feeding

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:59 AM PDT

Xenia coral

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:47 AM PDT

Wondering what the best way to control Xenia coral growth before it gets out of control. I'm sure it's killed one branch of my Duncan coral and one of my zoas looks to on the verge.

Given it's growth rate, I doubt anyone will want frags of it. So not sure what the best option is. Any thoughts? The options I see being:

Frag and try rehome

Frag and try sell/give to LFS

Frag and bin it

submitted by /u/thescot82
[link] [comments]

That little white dot always makes it look like he’s giving me the side eye. He hosted that thing about 5 minutes after I put it in.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:07 PM PDT

Rhodactis Mushroom deciding to split after move.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:55 PM PDT

Bring it! ��

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:16 PM PDT

Should I tune down the flow? It’s foot might lose grip ?

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:03 PM PDT

Cable Management Tips & Pictures. Show us!

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:33 PM PDT

Do you have a stand with beautiful cable management? What are your tips on how to organize? Post pictures of your Cable management!

submitted by /u/BeanNCheeze
[link] [comments]

It’s dirty, old, and freshly became a sump. It ain’t much, but it’s my first large sump. I’m so ready to set up my 135g reef tank. The center part on this sump is a ~35g refugium.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:46 AM PDT

Contest of the Dwarf Angels: Which One Should I Go With?

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:43 PM PDT

So, I want a dwarf angel as the centerpiece of my 85-gallon tank. It'll most likely be a reef tank with only some easy-to-keep species of soft corals, but I am also slightly tempted to go FOWLR.

I've done some research on dwarf angels, and I've found that like most fish they're collected from Indonesia and the Philippines. I'm quite concerned about the health of any species really because I've heard much about the extremely poor collection methods employed there, but I'm also curious as to whether the fact that they're from IND / PH should be a concern in and of itself.

Moving on, I have began by ruling out species that are widely known to be more difficult, or larger species. This includes the Collin's (too hard), Potter's (too hard), Orange (too hard), Lemonpeel (too hard), Eibli (too big), and Bicolor (too hard and too big) etc.

After narrowing down my list, here's what I have ended up with:

  1. Coral Beauty

  2. Half Black

  3. The pygmies (African Flameback, Brazilian Flameback, Atlantic Cherub, Pacific Pygmy, Fisher's)

  4. Rusty

  5. Flame

  6. Multicolor

All of these get up to 4 inches max. I'd like to select a species that can do at least 10 years if healthy and well cared for, that is hardy and suitable for a beginner, and can hopefully do well in a very new system. From what I've read sufficient / good algae growth with LR is recommended for all Centropyge, but I'm not sure how essential it is.

I'm aware all of these fish are semi-aggressive. My tanks mates for them will be a pair of common or Black and White Ocellaris clowns captive bred), a Royal Gramma or other basslet (preferably Swissguard or Yellow Assessor), a Yellow Watchman Goby + Pistol Shrimp combo, and 2-3 Talbot's or Azure Damsels.

My aquarium will have a mesh cover too.

I'd even appreciate it if you guys can give me a ranking of the hardiest Centropyges, and suggest alternatives.

*I know with Flames it's hit or miss. From what I've read their hardiness is quite dependent on the location they were collected.

*Biota Palau and ORA do the Coral Beauty, but I don't have access to those captive bred ones in China.

As for prices:

Cheap- Coral Beauty Half Black Pacific Pygmy Rusty

Moderate- Atlantic Cherub African Flameback Brazilian Flameback

Expensive- Multicolor Fisher's

I'll be starting my tank in Guangzhou, China, so I'll be buying from Chinese retailers.

submitted by /u/Eastern_Wu_Fleet
[link] [comments]

After a year and a half, I woke up today and saw this! Sorry for terrible picture. This is before lights on.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:02 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.