Jarrariums - Made a Moss Garden to combat quarantine boredom


Made a Moss Garden to combat quarantine boredom

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:10 AM PDT

Three months ago I gave up on this jar, sealed if and put it in the sun. It's thriving by itself.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:41 PM PDT

My two month old jungle bowl

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PDT

I made a jarrarium with local moss and saw this plant suddenly appearing. Any idea what it could be? It is growing half a centimetre per day.

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:12 AM PDT

Jungle Jar

Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:01 AM PDT

Been in the woods at least three years (I resist the temptation to domesticate it every time I pass by). In a prior life, this jar may have been a very special 40 ounces to freedom.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:49 PM PDT

Close up of my teeny jar ��

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 05:38 PM PDT

A rock cliff over a bay of water in a cookie jar from Goodwill.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 04:02 PM PDT

My first moss terrarium. The arrowheads add a monolithic effect.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 09:55 AM PDT

Mangrove bowl

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:07 PM PDT

New sphere on the left, old jar on the right.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:50 AM PDT

I’ve literally just started this. Today I collected algae of a pond in the woods and I have no idea what these black things are. I also collected so water from this pond I’m just concerned I’ve collected baby newts or something that’ll get bigger or can’t survive in an airtight jar???

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:25 PM PDT

Moss garden tips?

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:16 AM PDT

Beginner with an Empty Jar

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 06:07 PM PDT

Hi guys! I have an empty jar and I am so inspired my everyone here to put something in there! I'm wondering what would be easiest, since I've never done this before. Should I try a water jar, or an air one? And if I try and air one, are succulents and other dry plants better, or should I try something that likes more moisture and humidity? What plants are the best for me to start with? Should I try some kind of snail or something, or should I stick to plants? My kar is about half a gallon and vertical. Thanks in advance :)

submitted by /u/gloooooooo
[link] [comments]

I live in a desert and I dont know where to start

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:27 AM PDT

Hey there, I came across this subreddit looking for something to do and I became fascinated with having a terrarium/jarrarium! Unfortunately, I can't get many materials for one since I live in a really barren part of the world. Green grass rarely grows, moss doesnt live here, there are no trees besides mostly dead fruit trees in the yard, and the only live moss or plants I have are succulents and reindeer moss in my room. I was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for whether I should just order some more moss off the internet and look for materials there, or whether there would be anything I could use in my backyard. Any suggestions appreciated :))

submitted by /u/heliotropicsunspot
[link] [comments]

r/ecospheres

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:47 PM PDT

For those of you who post here with aquatic ecosystems in airtight containers, may I recommend r/ecosphere ? It is exactly all about those posts, and have a lot of cool inspiration!

submitted by /u/crabboh
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.