Goldfish - Aquariums - My trio got a well deserved upgrade :)


My trio got a well deserved upgrade :)

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:57 PM PDT

After surviving her surgery, my big girl got a much-needed upgrade to a 55 gallon!

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:22 PM PDT

The babies after their weekly big clean!

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:10 AM PDT

Revisiting an old hobby. 5th day of tank cycling.

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 07:02 PM PDT

How can I help him??

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:25 PM PDT

they get hungry every 5 minutes

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:05 AM PDT

If someone in LA wants to help save 3 comet goldfish, please DM (info inside)

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:57 PM PDT

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aquariums/comments/fm9i8u/i_am_now_unexpectadly_the_owner_of_3_goldfish_and/

I'm going to see if I can go to a PetCo and find a reasonably priced tank, but if not I need to give them away, and im told a PetCo probably wont take them, and smaller ones have a good chance of using them as feeding fish. If youre able to give some advice or help I would really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/Freeflowing_
[link] [comments]

Anybody around Boston looking for some goldfish. Rescued them last week.

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:38 PM PDT

Please Help! Sick Goldfish!

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:28 PM PDT

Please Help! Sick Goldfish!

https://preview.redd.it/m7ecv8bs6xn41.png?width=812&format=png&auto=webp&s=d7f77c6a00b33d3ca379eb50fc1807684fa58b33

One of my two comet goldfish has been sick for a few weeks now, and I don't know what to do. (Only one in the tank has the problem, the other is completely fine.) At Petco, they told us to treat for a fungal infection, so we did. I then tried API Pimafix and then API Fungus Cure. (Which said that it treated eye cloud) I didn't do a full cycle of the Fungus Cure because nothing was improving. Neither fungal cure worked.

Then, the fish started to develop a red vein creeping up the eye, a bit more growth in the eye, and a few veins around it. On the pupil of the eye, it looks like something is growing on it. My fish has still continued to act normal though like nothing is wrong,-although they are doing a bit of bottom sitting- but they don't let me look at the eye. (whenever I try to peek at it he faces the other way) The fish has also started to develop a purple-ish color on the caudal fin tip. (the caudal lobes)

The fish is currently being treated with API Melafix for a bacterial infection.

Water parameters: pH= 6.4 (I've always had trouble with the pH, I want to get it right but don't want to stress them out, but they seem fine in the lower one) Nitrites= 0ppm, Nitrates= 20ppm, Ammonia= 8.0ppm. (I use API Ammo Lock, so it still reads positive for ammonia but isn't harmful.)

Please help, the two comets are best friends. They're fair fish and I really want them to live their full life!

submitted by /u/muchfluffdoggins
[link] [comments]

This chonk belongs to my mom. I don’t know much about orandas. Does this wen growth look normal? I also noticed his eyes are getting partially covered from the bottom. She is ran out of the test kit, so I’ll have to test the parameters next week. 30 gallon.

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:02 PM PDT

Repashy Super Foods Super Gold

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Hello! I just upgraded my fish from the pet store flakes to the Repashy Super Foods Super Gold Gel food. I'm wondering though, how much should I feed them? With the flakes I followed the "whatever they could eat in two minute" rule so they usually got a medium pinch. I know right now they are just getting used to the new food, but it takes them a couple of minutes before they realize that what I just put in is food. And even then, they slowly go around eating the pieces of gel I put in... I don't want to over feed, but I also don't want to underfeed. For those who use this food, how much do you give your fish and how often do you give it to them?

submitted by /u/skirtgirlie
[link] [comments]

How to gain trust with my new golsfish

Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:43 AM PDT

It's been a week. My 4inch oranda goldfish living in a 25 gallon all alone with 800litre perhr canister filter. My goldfish is actively swimming but when I come closer to feed it. It goes to bottom and it won't come up to eat food till am there. As soon as am 3 meter away it starts to eat the food. Basically my goldfish not coming to top when am closer. How can I let it know am the feeder and it's okay to come top or how long it will take for my goldfish so it can recognise me.

submitted by /u/takert541
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.