Crayfish Meet Ghost!


Meet Ghost!

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

Hi! I’m new to the Crayfish community!

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 10:41 AM PDT

You're lucky theres a wall of glass between us foodbringer... Have at you!

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 04:05 AM PDT

Larry is going for a stroll

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:03 AM PDT

How often should adult crays molt?

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PDT

How often should adult crays molt?

We've had our Blue cray for 3 months now and I am assuming it is at least a year old because it is now about 4-4.5 inches from tip of claw to tail. The cray molted about two weeks ago (March 5th) and the molt went smooth. A few hours in the burrow and I come back later the shell is there and the cray is relaxing.

Fast forward to today, I go and stare at them for a few minutes and sure enough there is a freshly molted shell that was not there this morning. The cray also had one claw smaller than the other, and now both claws are about even. The cray has a pretty solid diet of shrimp pellets (2 a day) and whatever it eats cleaning rocks, destroying and eating my live plants, and occasionally cannibalizing the neon danios every couple of weeks.

My question is how often should adult crays molt? I feel no molting for the first 2 months and then molting twice in two weeks is a bit much.

https://preview.redd.it/sua7r4gz1qn41.jpg?width=960&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=805888aed82c7d7e190568dd3473f3f59498b6de

submitted by /u/davidreaper
[link] [comments]

My yabby, begging for food because he realised I was near his tank

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:36 AM PDT

Parameters and Tank Pants

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 10:47 AM PDT

Hey guys! I'm new to crayfish care. I am wondering what the ideal water parameters are and what their favorite tank plants/decor are. Right now I have artificial plants, because I read that they eat the live ones, but seeing all of the live plants in your tanks and how much your crayfish love them makes me want to get some live ones! Also, I've had my crayfish for three days (got him at Petco) and he doesn't seem to be eating. I was instructed to feed him shrimp pellets. What do you feed your crayfish? Thanks!

submitted by /u/banaubrey
[link] [comments]

Love color combination of this cray :D

Posted: 19 Mar 2020 02:25 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.