Axolotl - Aquariums - Ta da!


Ta da!

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 08:11 AM PDT

Our New little ❤️

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:00 PM PDT

Rude

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PDT

So much cuteness

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 09:39 AM PDT

Light Fury and her new freckles!! More are popping up everyday!

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 08:34 AM PDT

Welcoming Mozza to the family❤

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:35 AM PDT

Taking Luci and Mabel home today!

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:03 AM PDT

My babies recently had babies ��They’re keeping me sane during this Quarantine

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:09 PM PDT

My new baby girl, Jelly, is officially home!

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 02:45 PM PDT

my good boy coming to say hi :)

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:58 PM PDT

Help please! I have my lotl for 3 years and now he has abnormal swollen and red cloaca. He stopped floating in water and he’s just sitting at the bottom + doesn’t want to eat. I guess he has constipation. Do I need to use fridge method or something else? ����

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 09:19 AM PDT

When should you clean a sponge filter

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 09:11 AM PDT

When should you clean a sponge filter? How often and procedure?

submitted by /u/Haunted_at_birth
[link] [comments]

Currently Cycling 20 gal. Long Axolotl Tank. What's the verdict?

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:55 AM PDT

Currently Cycling 20 gal. Long Axolotl Tank. What's the verdict?

This will be a singular Axolotl tank. I do plan on incorporating SOME live plants, probably java ferns tucked into the rocks, frogbit (I love frogbit more than i should) and marimo moss balls. The plants are all currently residing in my betta tank, I've just gotta let the frogbit propagate more, and pull the sprouts off the mother fern. I've got to think of a way to stuff the gap between the glass and the rock structure, in a few places, on the far left so it won't get stuck if it makes its way back there.

I'm going to add a black backdrop as well and will be ordering a chiller, as water tends to warm up to around 70 degrees in my living room. The substrate is extremely fine sand, but I will also be using the rocks and/or a glass bowl to feed from to be on the safer side. Also, i've made sure the rocks are not too jagged/sharp.

So, any suggestions or additional tips?

https://preview.redd.it/tv3qtv4qydp41.jpg?width=4160&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=eeb89fd907b4a2cff7330ac9b8899a58ef5adaf9

submitted by /u/CatalystMusic87
[link] [comments]

Beaker!

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:10 AM PDT

Throwback to when my babies had babies ��

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:06 PM PDT

Axolotls over breeding

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:37 AM PDT

Hey everyone! Was wondering if anyone out there has male and female axolotls together. My axolotls seem to have a new set of babies every month to two months. They seem healthy and unstressed but I cant image its common for them to have babies that often. Am I being overly concerned?

submitted by /u/onion_hat_man
[link] [comments]

Does anybody have experience with mini axolotls, dwarfism or short toe syndrome? I've had goomy for nearly 6 months now, along with 2 other axies and while they are huge, he hasnt grown since day 1. He also has no toes and one limb has never grown back, so he moved around very awkwardly.

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PDT

Help: axolotl emergency

Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:58 AM PDT

For context, my axolotl has always been happy and healthy. He is in a 30 gallon tank that has always been around 64 degrees tops as i live in a cold place. He has good oxygen circulation and is in a room with hardly any light. His tank levels yesterday were

Ph: 7.3 Ammonia: 0 No2/No3: 0 Kh: 4 Gh: 8

I work hard to keep him happy, but yesterday my heater in my house automatically turned on and very quickly raised his water temperature to a whopping 72 degrees, and i was not home at that time. I immediately panicked when I went to feed him tonight and saw the temperature. He is showing signs of stress including a curling tail and forward tilted, shrinking gills. The most concerning part to me however was little red patches on his feet and tail that are extremely prominent. He is acting lethargic and refused to eat. I believe he has a bacterial infection, but I could be wrong about that. (None of these symptoms were things I noticed previously)

I slowly lowered the filter strength to hopefully reduce stress and I turned his air pump down significantly, I'm not worried about oxygen as it's never been a problem. I currently have a filter with a spray bar, but I am buying a nice sponge filter as soon as the pet store opens tomorrow to hopefully reduce stress. I slowly introduced frozen water bottles to not stress him out and ended up having to use 4 consistently to keep his water temp at 63. I put cold light fabric around the outside of his tank to block out all light and help regulate temperature even more.

I am honestly panicking. I've heard that a salt bath could help if he has an infection or placing him in the fridge, but I'm wondering if anyone's had any luck with that? (I would love to have an opportunity to remove him from his tank so I can change his filter and do a quick water change without him in there) If this was you in this situation what would your next step be? This is my first axolotl and I love him so much and I'm so sad that he's not okay :( please help and thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Missy-Moon
[link] [comments]

PetSmart Sale!

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:36 PM PDT

I know this doesn't directly concern axolotls but Pet Smart has a lot of their aquarium decor on sale! I'm upgrading and redoing SweetPeas tank since his birthday was this week (he is very spoiled) and I just bought a whole bunch of fake plants for cheap. Most of them are under $5 but majority of what I got was only 99 cent! And most every thing is available for shipping so you can still practice distancing🤍❤️. The sale even extends to other decor that's not plants. They even have another discount for some of the ornaments!

submitted by /u/thatxgirlxsarabearx
[link] [comments]

The one with the most spots is toothless and her sister is fearless they are separated cuz toothless was sick but tomorrow they go back in their tank.

Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:50 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.