Aquatic Snails I heard this was the place for snails.


I heard this was the place for snails.

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

Mom gets it, featuring Honey and Poseidon.

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 04:38 PM PDT

I was really not all for having baby snails but now since i do wtf is taking so long? they been matinf for days? Cause these ones just play around the tank but not clean the algae lol i love them. i want babie.

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:10 AM PDT

I put an algae wafer there yesterday

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:49 PM PDT

Do these mystery snail egg clutches look healthy?

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:55 PM PDT

One of my biggest leopard Ramshorns

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

My first dark foot rams!

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:15 PM PDT

What in Tarantino is that long thing

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:20 PM PDT

Where to buy snails online (I had a MAJOR tank emergency!)

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:25 PM PDT

The short version: where is a trustworthy and reasonably priced website I can buy aquatic snails?

If you want to know my tank emergency and Wby I need to know, keep reading! If you want to just answer the question above, that's fine too! :)

My dad started having some serious health problems and had to be in the hospital. I traveled back to my hometown for 2 weeks, with someone feeding my betta fish ever day while I was gone. Right before I left, I changed my tank filter and did a partial water change. I would've waited had I known I would be leaving town, but it was a sudden family emergency.

When I came back, all 3 of my snails were dead, and had been for at LEAST a week by the looks of it. The tank is absolutely disgusting with algae and presumably dead snail bits. I'm freaking out because I don't know what went wrong or when it went wrong. Don't know why my friend feeding the fish didn't tell me my tank was so awful and my cute little snails had died! Maybe she didn't want to discourage me while I was dealing with my dad, I don't know.

I have never seen so much algae build up, especially in only 2 weeks. My fish seems fine luckily, but I've been keeping an eye on her. I'm going to need a serious clean up, but I live rural, and the nearest pet store is almost an hour away in a city that is closed to the public for corona virus reasons. Online shopping for at least one snail seems to be my only option right now.

Don't worry about my future snails health, I'll be testing my water and figuring out the problem before I get a new snail or two.

If anyone knows what might have gone wrong, or has a possible solution other than clean up snails, please let me know! Thanks.

submitted by /u/theCrashFire
[link] [comments]

Growing Algae in Jars for snails?

Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:41 PM PDT

NY is on PAUSE for another two weeks, my snails have cleaned the tank. I usually feed them veggies and some powdered fish flake with egg shell powder. I read somewhere that some folks grow algae in jars to feed their shrimp or snails. I'd like to try it, but what are good surfaces for algae to grow on that I can later transfer into my tank? Rock (does it have to be worn?), popsicle sticks, broken china, shells?

Currently trying to keep electricity use low, so the good old sun will have to be my light source for this project.

submitted by /u/Glassfern
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.