Aquatic Snails How small my black/gold mix mystery snail babies are :)


How small my black/gold mix mystery snail babies are :)

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:01 PM PST

I ordered some plants online and during quarantine found snails!!! Now what?

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:46 AM PST

So,,, now my quarantine bowl contains about a dozen or more baby snails between the size of a pin head and two grains of rice and they're growing fast. What do I do now? I'd absolutely love to raise them and add them to other tanks but I don't even know where to start.

How do I care for them?

The bowl they're in has a lot of dead plant material and I went to get rid of it but I'm afraid of throwing away a tiny baby! How do I go about removing the plants without harming the little snails?

The larger one has been growing really fast eating plants in the bowl but I'm starting to worry it's not getting enough calcium?

Thank you so much for reading, ANYTHING would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/bioticant
[link] [comments]

One of the patches I recently did

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:40 PM PST

Helping flash get some air.

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:56 PM PST

Baby snails found in a bowl! Any idea on identification based on this?

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:58 PM PST

What kinda snail is this little hitchhiker?

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:26 AM PST

Raising PH and KH for mystery snail?

Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:40 AM PST

So I'm starting up a new tank currently, and it is going to be the future home of a mystery snail. I use RO water, because my tap water is too hard. Like 14dKH and 18dGH with about 400TDS.

PH in the tank is currently 6.6.

I have Seachem Equilibrium to restore the GH, but I am having trouble deciding what to do for the KH.

I am mostly debating between baking soda and crushed coral. Since baking soda doesn't contain any calcium, should I go with crushed coral? Advantages and disadvantages of both? Something else I should use instead, like cuttlebone?

submitted by /u/rtchal
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.