Shrimp Tank - Aquariums - Quick look at my homemade SkrimpRack! Meet the Primary Colors!


Quick look at my homemade SkrimpRack! Meet the Primary Colors!

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:57 PM PST

Started with 24! What grade would y’all say they are?

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:09 PM PST

shrimp pattycake!

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 06:00 AM PST

it’s happening!

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:38 AM PST

Printed some shrimp hides. Thanx to that other dude for inspiration! Takes about 5.5 hours to print these and they are good and solid but dont use too much plastic. Natural PLA (corn based plastic).

Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:29 AM PST

What's wrong with her? Shes still alive please help

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:12 PM PST

How many shrimp in the picture?

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:00 PM PST

Banana is proving to be a hit (pardon the general disarray)

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:25 AM PST

Not exactly what the food tube is for but we'll go with it

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:50 PM PST

Lady and The Skramp

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:50 AM PST

Hi momma ����

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

A pair of beautiful blue cobalts added!

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:25 AM PST

Little red carrying the MEGA load

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:44 AM PST

Houston we've got berries!!!! Sorry for the water sounds, in the middle of doing water changes. Question in comments

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 12:25 PM PST

Shrimp keeping advice on balancing water parameters

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:47 PM PST

I have been looking to get into the hobby of shrimp keeping for a bit now, but I wanted to be sure to start it off right and try to avoid as many mistakes as possible. I'd like to raise neocaridina shrimp, and my tap water parameters are GH 3 KH 2 PH 6.8 Ammonia 0 - 0.25? Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0

In my case I'll be using a 20 gallon long with a sponge filter, black blasting sand, and some mosses Inside the tank would only be neocaridina shrimp and snails.

So it seems I have soft water and my ph could maybe stand to be a little higher but I've heard neocaridina could live between 6.5 - 7.5 ph.

Would adding crushed coral to my water be effective at raising my ph, gh, and kh, or would it fluctuate too much and cause more harm than good? How long does it take to balance out inside a tank? How often would you need to add it? I've heard you can simply use banking soda to increase ph and I think they make some kh/gh additives. I've heard of cuttlebone too.

Would I be better off adding to my tap water or going with an RO system and adding to my water from there? And if I did either of these options would I need to add any additives to the water from evaporated top offs or just water changes?

Tldr With my water parameters in mind how would you go about achieving neocaridina shrimp heaven in a reliable way and how often would you need to use said additives?

Sorry if this seems like a repeated topic I've just found a lot of varying advice on the subject!

submitted by /u/JaxxVee
[link] [comments]

Unfortunate

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:27 PM PST

While i had successfully had a ghost shrimp hatch eggs. The momma died. An i am now finding i only have maybe three babies alive. Not thrilled about having lost almost all of them. It looked like they had all got caught under or behind objects in the tank. Next time less plants or only floating plants. One thing i didnt get was once i moved the momma shrimp to a different tank she basically stopped eating.

submitted by /u/Sinner0612
[link] [comments]

My little cutie taking care of the clover!

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

How do I get rid of whatever these are and detritus? ��☹️

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:24 PM PST

Anyone know what is on my cherry shrimp’s back? The dark brown thing on her saddle has been there for the past 3 days.

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:23 PM PST

Ernie ��

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:44 AM PST

How much light needed?

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:49 PM PST

How much light does a aquarium need in general? Can there be too much light for plants?

Plants are I have Vesicularia Weeping Moss, Rotala H-Ra, Stautogyne rapens, Littorella uniflora.

submitted by /u/TerTerro
[link] [comments]

How do I start a shrimp tank?

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:05 PM PST

I have started cycling a 5 gallon tank. What do shrimp eat? All the nice photos I see have tanks covered in green plant stuff. What is that and how would I make that happen? Any tutorial or resource would be appreciated, Thanks!

submitted by /u/ellaly
[link] [comments]

Nano Shrimp tank size

Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:37 PM PST

Would nano shrimp do well in a 10 gallon with a betta?

submitted by /u/Explodez00
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.