Planted Aquarium - My 40B.


My 40B.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 04:19 PM PST

12 Gallon Long Dragonstone Aquascape - 5 Months Later!

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:53 PM PST

Week 2 of my first tank - I already want more

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:15 PM PST

1.5 gallon fishless bowl.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:37 AM PST

New 20 Gallon

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:36 PM PST

In profile

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:36 AM PST

You guys like planted bowls? No filter, No c02, No ferts. Just Fluval stratum. No livestock

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:25 AM PST

My new tank including plants, getting co2 tomorrow!

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 02:01 PM PST

Love the way it lights up my corner

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:11 PM PST

Dry start day 27

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

My new betta and endler tank...So proud of it

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 12:28 PM PST

1 month in, my first ever aquarium grew so nicely

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:12 AM PST

DIY riparium planters

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:07 AM PST

Does this tank look overstocked?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:40 PM PST

Tried to capture the feeling of staring at the tank. There is audio.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:52 PM PST

What should my parameters be? 1 snail, no fish. Wanting to convert a failed shrimp tank (with no shrimp) and fluval stratum coming in the mail, to a planted tank instead.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:25 PM PST

Ideas about what’s wrong with my Anubias

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:44 AM PST

5 Gallon Monthly Maintenance

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:26 PM PST

They’re hungry little pigs.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 12:25 PM PST

Topsoil as substrate?

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:33 AM PST

Hi, i'm planning to start a planted tank with betta and a few cherry shrimps..

Recently, i went to my local nursery and found a very cheap soil that i thought i could use in my tank. I'm a newbie at this so do correct me if i'm wrong.

So the "organic soil" i found contains "Top Soil, Coco Peat, Rice Husk Ash, Palm Compost and Microbial Fertilizer" ..Is it okay if i use it as a substrate? Will it leech out ammonia? How do i know if the substrate needs to be replaced? Thank you!

submitted by /u/Scrizal
[link] [comments]

My first hardscape, any suggestions before I finalize it?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 02:35 PM PST

New to walstad method, help me.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:02 PM PST

Hi i am new to this sub,

In advance I apologize for my aquarium/botany terminolgy it is day 3 for me in aqua world.

I just got into building an 40x25x30 walstad aquarium (with only a 10 watt led light (2 watts per gallon)). I have decided to go for a +- 3 cm layer of organic soil followed by 3 cm of organic gravel(2-3mm) and a small piece of driftwood.
After doing some research I have decided on the plants I am going to buy for my project:

Background plants:

Ceratophyllum demersum (in the middle)
Egeria Densa (left and right side)
Rotala rotudifolia (middle left and right side) Sessilifloro Limnophila

Middleground plants:

Ludwigia sp. mini super red/ repens (left side)
Bacopa Caroliniana (right side)

Foreground plants:

Eleocharis Parvulus (Dwarf hairgrass)
Staurogyne Repens ???? Taxiphyllum Barbieri (javamoss)
Cladophora Aegagropila (Japanese Moss ball)

Floaters (will create a fence so they wont overgrow and inhibit the light from penetrating):

Limnobium Leavigatum (Amazon Frogbit)
Lemnoideae (Duckweed)

When I finish planting my plants I intend to let it grow and settle for atleast a month, afterwards I will add a Nertitina SP snail, Neocaridina shrimps, guppies? and maybe later even 2 Zebra Danios???

My intention is to only use lightning, no CO2, no fertilizers, no heaters and no filters.

So if you guys habe any tips for exoric fish that dont require 20+ degrees water pleas inform me!

So that is that and now here are my questions:

Is the composition any good (all my plants should require low CO2 and low lightning) ?

What do I feed my shrimp? (are they content with only the algae?)

Do my shrimps reproduce if I buy different colored Neocardina? So yes, which ones.

Do I need to feed the snail or is he content with the algae and other subsrate nutrients?

Can Shrimp live with the Guppies/Zebra Danios? (And danios with the guppies), so I am not quite sure.)

Can I feed all the fish with the same trace elements?
How often do I need to feed?

And my last question is: Do you guys have any additional tips or knowlegde that will enlighten me?

Thanks in advanced for answering my questions and I will try to keep this post updated with my progression)

Sincerely,

Gucci

submitted by /u/guccihaze
[link] [comments]

Mini complete tanks!

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 12:43 PM PST

Does anyone know how to get rid of algae without reducing my lights? I have co2 up high (yellow), EI and excel, with a twinstar 600sa and stingray on a 36g. My plants are pearling too, but the algae bloomed in the first couple of days and is still spreading.

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:31 PM PST

45 gallon tall. Going planted for the first time. Looking for 3 easy plants for a community tank (foreground, mid, background). Suggestions?

Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:31 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.