Jarrariums - My unruly jarrarium. Can’t trim the plants as my shrimp just gave birth and I have some baby snails that just hatched. The benefit is that they seem to be thriving. ��


My unruly jarrarium. Can’t trim the plants as my shrimp just gave birth and I have some baby snails that just hatched. The benefit is that they seem to be thriving. ��

Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:54 AM PST

First Time Jarrarium Creator

Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:52 AM PST

I'm currently looking into starting my first Jarrarium and can't seem to find anywhere the answer to my question.

Is it best to start with an airtight jar or an open one? What's the difference? I love the idea of an airtight one but for a beginner is an open one a better option?

I'm hoping to create a fairly aquatic, English river type one.

submitted by /u/somethingaboutfood
[link] [comments]

Can I close this jar airtight? (Asked also on r/ecosphere but I guess there more people here to answer)

Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:58 AM PST

Cookie jar terrarium

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:11 PM PST

My two creations next to each other. The left is 3 weeks old. The right is 1.5 months old.

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:21 PM PST

East facing windowsill Jarrarium winter progress 20th Oct to 8th Feb. (No lights, no ferts)

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:05 PM PST

Need help for starter. No matter how much time I wash the sand substrate, dust doesn't settle. :(

Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:46 AM PST

Made w my 5 y.o. son: 2 month old today. Staurogyne repens in tropica soil and collected rocks.

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:09 AM PST

Directed here from plantedtanks. Hope you all like it!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:45 AM PST

My first jar

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:15 PM PST

Got some beginner questions!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:46 PM PST

Hello! I'm plaining on starting my first Jarrarium and hope you all could help me with some things :)

First of all I have seen/skimmed through the E-Book but some things are not answered in there.

My plan is to use a rather big tank for a jarrarium (e.g. one of those which are either 8 or 11 gallons).

What I want is basically this: a low maintenance, natural space with a lot of plants and some shrimp and snails.

Would the tank be to big for this? Or is it more work if the tank is bigger? Also I want to attach some light to the top, is there anything I have to keep in mind? Can the light be too strong or does it even matter and every lightsource is a good lightsource?

I read all over this sub that I shouldn't keep fish in my jarrarium. What do you think about a jarrarium this size? Could I put some small fish in it? (My problem is that I'd hate to have a filter pump running 24h. If I have fish and they need active filtering, can I also turn it off for the night?)

Thanks so much in advance!

submitted by /u/SometimesImnaked
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.