Jarrariums - Helpful site for identifying tiny organisms in your jarrariums! We use it for our sealed water ecosystem. We started doing this after watching “ Life in jars” on YouTube. Hope this helps


Helpful site for identifying tiny organisms in your jarrariums! We use it for our sealed water ecosystem. We started doing this after watching “ Life in jars” on YouTube. Hope this helps

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:00 AM PST

Sealed Demijohn terrarium over 30yrs old.

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:33 PM PST

I house-sat for a couple who had a large glass demijohn with a thriving vine plant on the inside. The demijohn was sealed and the owner said it was over 30yrs old. The plant watered itself with the condensation that would build up on the inside of the glass and the vine would sometimes reach up the sides on sunny days. Ever since, I've wanted to make one for myself but haven't a clue where to start. Can anyone guide me though the supplies and steps to making one of these? TIA! Sealed plant terrarium

submitted by /u/Hall-E
[link] [comments]

Is this bit of wood too big?

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:01 AM PST

Is this bit of wood too big?

I want to setup a no tech planted tank in this bowl. Is the bit of wood too big?

My plan would be to have it sticking out the top more when I have my substrate ramp in there.

https://preview.redd.it/cwkltvba5bj41.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ce3a60ce935fccdaeae67058496b64ff19c5ec59

submitted by /u/dougmonkey
[link] [comments]

Artificial light for jarrariums

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:48 AM PST

Hi guys, what are the rules of lighting the jars? What light bulbs are suitable, how many hours a day? How does it affect the plants if I turn the lights on irregularly? Basically, how do I use it so that it benefits the plants and not harms them? All tips will be appreciated! 🙏

submitted by /u/theBindingOfSerious
[link] [comments]

Adding pothos?

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:09 PM PST

I am about two weeks in to my first jarrarium - so far in terms of flora, it's just two plants and two marimo balls (I'm slowly adding things in because I was worried about trying it all at once and having everything die 😂) It's about 1-1.5 gallons. My ultimate goal is to have a snail and a few cherry shrimp.

I have some water-rooted pothos that I'm interested in adding - is there anything I should know before I do so? I'm a little worried about the roots overwhelming the rest of the jarrarium. Can I trim its roots without hurting the plant if they end up being too overgrown?

submitted by /u/reactiverescue
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.