Axolotl - Aquariums - A lot of little axlotl's... As my son would say, A "Woddawiddawoddles"


A lot of little axlotl's... As my son would say, A "Woddawiddawoddles"

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:41 AM PST

We’ve been put in cool water and now back in my main tank! The fungus just shed and came off trying to remove him from main to isolation tank. Gonna be checking with other vets in my country maybe calling them to get more help with future problems!

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 10:47 PM PST

Show pose lol

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 08:23 PM PST

Since you all liked my first post, here's another from the same shop (Southern Aquatics, Roswell, GA)

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:09 AM PST

My son’s female axolotl died today but male still in tank, healthy. How clean does water need to be now for him?

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:52 AM PST

This might be a dumb question but we discovered to tonight that our female axolotl had died today (her name was Yin). I have no idea how. The water was clean, she was happy and healthy. She did start to turn more pinkish over the last two days (she's a light pink with deep pink frills). I wondered how old she was when we bought her as she laid eggs the week after. But ph was good, we were feeding them fresh chicken and beef, they were both very active. Anyway, that's a mystery for me to get to the bottom of, but the issue now is that it's nearly 10pm at night and my son has to go to sleep. I've changed the water for our male ( Yang) but we have many many rocks at the bottom of the tank which I would have to sift through to get it all completely clean. The tank is right by my son's bed and he really needs to go to sleep. How worried do I need to be about this? Obviously we have a filter which I've cleaned as well. We just tried to feed him and he refused but he might have been a bit stressed after the water change.

submitted by /u/Siamaria
[link] [comments]

My newest child, Philbert.

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 08:04 PM PST

My one axolotl has small gills

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:37 AM PST

So I have owned axolotls for about 9 months now. I have two, one that I rescued (Dill), the other i got as a baby (Pickles). So I believe Pickles is a month or so older than Dill, but I don't know Dill's exact age. When I first got Dill, she was much much smaller than Pickles. After a few months, she's actually a little bigger than Pickles and her gills are very long and pretty. Pickles' gills don't seem to have grown as well as Dill's. Do you think Dill was actually older than I thought when I got her and she was just small because she was malnourished? Could it just be that Dill genetically has longer gills? Or is Pickles not getting enough nutrients? I just want to make sure Pickles isn't sick or missing any nutrients. If I can help her in anyway, I want to. When I'm at my house, they share a 20 gallon long tank with a sponge filter (Pickles loves laying on it) and a regular filter with a low water flow. At my dorm, I can only have up to a 10 gallon tank, so I have them separated in their own tanks. Dill has the sponge filter and Pickles has the regular filter. I thought maybe Pickles' gills aren't as long because she has more oxygen in her tank. I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong. I usually feed them frozen bloodworms or a carnivore mix of frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms. Dill occasionally eats live earth worms, but Pickles HATES them and won't even attempt to eat them. Any advice is accepted. Thank you so much.

submitted by /u/katieisapeach
[link] [comments]

I think tottak loves his new friend

Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:22 AM PST

Just got him yesterday and I've done my research, but curious if by the looks of him if he appears healthy. His name is Kirby and he is currently in this tub until his official tank is filtered. The temp. In his tub is at 61 degrees which I'm aware is on the low side.

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 01:18 PM PST

This is my axo his name is Featuring Ludacris

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

What it this? I've seen fungus before and this looks different. It's on 2 gill tips.

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 06:34 PM PST

My Crayfish escaped his tank. I found him threatening Jupiter through the glass.

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

Does my axolotl look like a healthy weight he’s around 1 years old?

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 02:49 PM PST

Feeding ideas for my axolotl

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 07:03 PM PST

Hi, i own a young axolotl and i wanted to know what types of meats and different animals can i feed it with.

I usually feed it with chicken, but i wanted to know just to not intoxicate it.

submitted by /u/Feli_cere
[link] [comments]

Aquascape for lotls

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 12:17 PM PST

Anyone have any aquascape setups for their axolotls using things like mopani wood and Marimo moss? Or just aquascape setups for lotls in general?

submitted by /u/puff_fadder
[link] [comments]

MY NEW BABY AXOLOTL | FEEDING MY AXOLOTLS

Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:11 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.