Aquatic Snails 202 baby mystery snails. Wow. I have 4 more clutches to go. Can you tell what colors they will be yet!


202 baby mystery snails. Wow. I have 4 more clutches to go. Can you tell what colors they will be yet!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:38 PM PST

Anyone know what type of snail this is? It was hiding in my Christmas moss.

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

Just a Nerite Snail

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:00 AM PST

Are these creatures harmful to my snail? What are they? And are the things on the roots the same as the moving creature? Or just plant bits? There is an infestation of those moving creatures in my tank, and I never noticed them until today. My snail seems well, but I’m worried.

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:54 PM PST

Baby takin' a ride to the buffet

Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:27 AM PST

My rabbit snail had a baby!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:22 PM PST

Looking better after almost 2 weeks of new shell growth!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:52 PM PST

No Planaria med making me frustrated and impossible to keep nerite snails in one tank

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:58 PM PST

So about a few months ago I noticed a Planaria problem in my 20gallon tank, which at that time was my dedicated shrimp tank. So I decided it would be best to treat it with a product a lot of shrimp keepers recommended to me, No Planaria.

I moved my two Zebra Nerites I had at the time to my 10 gallon, and then treated the 20g as directed. After the treatment was finished, I did a 25% water change and gravel vac, and then added activated carbon to the filter and tannins to the water. Once the tannins were gone, which was about 3-4 days later, I assumed the residual medication would be gone too. So I removed the carbon insert and did another 25% WC.

But nope. After properly reacclimating and then returning my two Nerites back to the 20g, they stopped all movement for 2-3 weeks and kept actively trying to kill themselves by flipping themselves over on their backs and resting with their foot out like that. No matter how often I flipped them upright they kept purposely putting themselves back into that position. Eventually they passed, even after moving them back into the 'clean' 10 gallon.

So, another month and a few water changes go by and I decide I need to get some new snails. I bought two King Koopa Nerites, drip acclimated them for over an hour, then introduced them to my 20g. Not even two full days pass and they start exhibiting the same behavior. I immediately moved them to my 10g and added Purigen to both filters to hopefully pull any possible meds out of the water. They've stopped flipping themselves over but still don't go anywhere. Smell test says they are still alive.

Anyone else have this problem with a tank after using No Planaria? I'm really pissed about it, ngl. I feel horrible.

submitted by /u/wingless__
[link] [comments]

Mystery snails staying at top of tank, got them a few days ago. Anyone know why? They explored at first

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:29 PM PST

This bladder snail is huge

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:25 PM PST

Experience with selling snails?

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:13 PM PST

My first hobby tank has become extremely overrun with snails. I received a single ramshorn snail and, much to my surprise, found out that they can asexually reproduce...and man did she do just that! I think my best bet would be to sell them (or at this point just give them) to others, but I can't seem to find a good way to do so. Wondering if anyone on here has ever run into this situation. Would shipping be difficult? Would it just be easier to meet someone in person? Are there any good websites or platforms to sell them on? Any help would be great!

submitted by /u/traffic_c0ne
[link] [comments]

Snail children!

Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:17 PM PST

Hello all!

My name is Makaila and I have 2 pet snails (one mystery and one unknown to myself). I'm in college and live with 3 other roommates. They often complain about the smell of them, and I can confirm that they do indeed stink! I have no filter as I have no money, but I often change out half of the water a week and put in pieces of algae tablets every day. I also have a Charlie mint plant in the water to oxygenate it a little more. I don't want them anymore, but I also don't want to kill them. I want them to have a better life than I'm giving them. Is there any any way I can save them that doesn't cost money? Or is there a way I can give them to a company that will simply resell them?

submitted by /u/youtubaholic
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.