Goldfish - Aquariums - the herd


the herd

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:33 AM PST

Please help. There's white stringy molds growing out of my goldfish and I don't know how to help it.

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:33 PM PST

About a week ago, he was staying at the bottom, without moving. Now Ringo is enjoying his full tank :)

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:02 AM PST

Would I have to crank up my water changes? (29g planted, 2 pearlscales and 1 ranchu)

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:51 PM PST

I have a 2.5" pearlscale and a 4.5" adult ranchu currently. The tank is lightly to moderately planted.

According to some, I'm at max limit. According to others, I could add a third fancy IF I got a pearlscale because they're the smallest fancy--provided I got a mature adult who has a "max size." I have such an opportunity to adopt a 4" adult high-grade chunky monkey pearlscale who is highly unlikely to get any larger.

I do plan on upgrading to a 55g in two years.

I'm tempted, but don't want to dramatically drive up my need to do water changes. I currently do a 50% water change every 5-7 days (which day I do it on depends on what my API test kit says). I would be cool with doing a 50% change every 5, or a 20-25% every 3, if I'm being honest about what I'm hoping to do workload-wise.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Infamous-Signature
[link] [comments]

First oranda, I bought him at this size, will he get huge like the others in the sub or stay this size?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:25 PM PST

Two new rescues - and some help, please! (See comments)

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 06:35 AM PST

PLEASE HELP! Oranda's entire nose has turned dark (looks raised) and he is now resting nose down in the plants

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:16 PM PST

Plants for 45 gallon tank?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:16 PM PST

I have a 45 gallon tank with 4 fancy goldfish in it, and I currently have plastic plants, and I want to upgrade to real plants. I've never dealt with plants in aquariums before, and I don't really know where to start. I currently have standard white sand (or really fine gravel) at the bottom of my tank, and a few decorative rocks. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/fjifhfsjjsjd
[link] [comments]

Putting large fish pond in my basement, any advice from the sub?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:23 AM PST

Hi all,

I've got three comets that are each a foot long and keep bumping into one another in their current 200 gallon tank. I've got a lot of room in my basement, so planning to humidity seal one room and put in a 3,000 gallon fish pond (8' deep and 8' diameter circle.) I know I'll need a dehumidifier running constantly, a method to auto fill the pond, pond liner, filtration setup, some wave makers so the fish have some flow, heating, aeration and the masonry to construct the actual pond out of. Can anyone think of anything else I'd need or offer any advice on a project like this?

Anticipating the question, I'm doing it indoors because it gets cold enough here that I'm not confident in the goldfish's ability to overwinter. Also, my wife has adopted them and would be heart broken if any were taken by raccoons or birds.

Thanks

submitted by /u/enhancedrouting
[link] [comments]

Is this a wakin?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

Needing some advice!

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

The girlfriend and I are picking up a 75 gallon tank for our 3 gold fish on Sunday! We are looking for some advice on sand vs rocks on the bottom, what kind of plants are good for goldfish, and just any recommendations you guys had! Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/tdeck20
[link] [comments]

Isit bad to keep goldfish in a 140 liter Aquarium?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:15 AM PST

Suggestions for 30 gallon filter? Air stones suggests?

Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:03 AM PST

Hello goldfish Reddit! We are upgrading to a 30 gallon I have one large goldfish one small bottle nose placo and a small snail and a random shrimp that was supposed to be dinner but got away. I am looking for a filter that works well with sand substrate. With so may brands to choose from which do you feel confident in? And your suggestions for air stones. Feel free to link me to videos or websites that you think are most helpful. Thank you.

submitted by /u/brendaz27
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.