Axolotl - Aquariums - Made a thing


Made a thing

Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:09 AM PST

Just found this picture of baby Coa...

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:53 PM PST

For anyone that asked me about Squishy, she finally recovered from her fungal infection like an absolute beast. Her right arm and spine are, obviously, still handicapped, but she’s a very very happy little axie!

Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:08 AM PST

Did someone say it's Friday?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

My almost 3 month old axolotl Clarence��

Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:30 AM PST

Thought this belonged here :)

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:20 PM PST

I post here a lot but never posted my babies. Heres Marina and Pearl! <3

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:14 PM PST

Here is another picture after a few months. My axolotls love their tank❤

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 04:22 PM PST

As soon as the food falls I’m gonna catch it

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:48 PM PST

Jules the guardian

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:11 PM PST

New tank for my boys

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:42 PM PST

I just noticed this on my axolotl and i wondering if its a bacterial infection does anyone know?

Posted: 17 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

This is not ok

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:15 PM PST

Reddit, meet Wally or Lacie the axolotl! They’ll be in their new home in no time :)

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:51 PM PST

Reddit, meet Wally or Lacie the axolotl! They’ll be in their new home in no time :)

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:34 PM PST

Which one of these filters should I get?

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:35 PM PST

I'm looking to upgrade my filter before I get my first axie. I'm looking at the Fluval C4 or the Fluval AquaClear 70. Also considering the Fluval C3 because its on sale for $25 which seems like a steal but idk if itll be good enough.

I have a 36 gallon tank.

Which do you guys think is better?

submitted by /u/whocares024
[link] [comments]

Questions about cloudy water and changing filter: more info in comments.

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:26 PM PST

My first axolotls!

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:11 PM PST

I might be adopting my first axolotls this weekend! Their current owner was gifted them and isn't a pet person. They don't want the upkeep any longer and are vetting people to adopt them.

These will be my first axolotls and I have a basic understanding of their care and needs. Any tips though? Something you wish you knew before starting?

There's two in a 20 gal tank. I'm not sure of the genders but im guessing their the same gender because there are no babies and one has been nipping the other. If I am the lucky new axolotl parent I will immediately begin looking for a second tank to separate them. In the meantime, would a mesh divider work? Is there anything special I can do to facilitate tail growth? It's only a little nibble, but it must be uncomfortable.

Tia

submitted by /u/singtaal22
[link] [comments]

r/axolotl

Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

(I am not in California or New Jersey!)

Ok so I need some help from the community! I did a fair share of research, and this is what I know or atleast have heard:

-they can live over 10 years with good care -They need filters -Filters need to be no to strong. This stresses them out and they can die -Ideal water tempature in between the 60's nothing over 68°. 68° is pushing it a bit -have coarse substrate if any. They will eat most likley anything or try to -worms or night crawlers are a good source of nutrients. If you can't do that pellets work too -You should clean the tank once a week, or maybe more time depending on the filter the water matnience -cycle (run?) the tank for about a month before adding the axolot(s) in -Acculimate them for 30 mins at least! -Don't start off with tank mates! If u add another in make sure they can't eat eachother!

Some stuff I am unclear about:

-What are "safe" toys -Is a 10 gallon tank good for one? -were are good places to find quality tanks on budget? -what should I do if I can't keep live food? Are pellets really acceptable? -What decore is safe for them? -how much time to they take up -is it a good idea to cover up thier tank, so it can be dark? I heard they don't like light and it can possibly stress them out -were can I get one? -I was thinking of setting the tank up on my floor,it is alot of space and not a busy place at all so itd be no damage to the tank. Is that ok? -How do I check and know the water levels? I heard there is alot of stuff to go with that! -what filters are good for starters? -how do I clean out the tank? Also were would I put him/her

Sorry for all the questions and possible wrong info! I don't want to upset anyone I just want to know how to care for them because there was so much diffrent information! Also I want to know if I have proper living conditions for them!

submitted by /u/Rainingsage
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.