Axolotl - Aquariums - I saw this in a meme group - its adorable!


I saw this in a meme group - its adorable!

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:23 AM PST

This boy is just a few months old and he is already ~7”.

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:05 AM PST

My male and female axos, casually holding hands and gazing into each other’s eyes ..... ��

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:29 PM PST

My mom wont let me get one so i got an app instead:)

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:28 PM PST

One for my boys in the tank

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:13 PM PST

If I wasnt a broke college student I'd be buying this bad boy

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:03 PM PST

Would a moss-covered substrate work well with Axlotl's?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:07 AM PST

Hey there, i've been doing a lot of research on Axlotl's as i'm planning on getting one soon. I've fully researched all the little interesting quirks for these guys. I do a lot of planted tank work, so i figured the added waste from these guys would make for some god-tier plant food. This also got me thinking that if I ran a low-light moss carpet for the tank it'd also solve their small issue of eating like a hoover vacuum cleaner and subsequently inhaling some of their substrate in the process.

So the question here would be ... is my plan a good one? or are there some axlotl shaped holes in my logic? Thanks for the help in advance!

submitted by /u/Mr_Mystery_Show
[link] [comments]

Just claimed this dude as my own! I just HAD to have him. I can't wait to bring him home!

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:00 PM PST

Help with ammonia cycling

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:54 AM PST

Recently I had the idea of buying an axolotl. I didn't get it yet, but I started to prep the tank. I used seachem stability for 7 days like the instructions, and my dumb ass thought that after that I would only need some time. But then, after indeep research about the microorganisms involved in the nitrogen cycle, I realized that I wasnt giving the bacteria any source of ammonia after I stopped using stability (besides the plants that I added after that). The nitrite ones are still developing, since there are nitrites in the tank, and the nitrites are going down each day. Now, I added ammonia in the tank up to about 5ppm (removed the plants). After that ammonia is cleaned, how much of it I'm going to need to add and how can I know that both nitrobacter and nitrossoma are in sufficient amounts for my axie to thrive? Thanks and sorry for the long read.

submitted by /u/PedroTrench
[link] [comments]

Hello everyone! I’m new to reddit and thought I’d share my little copper boy �� his name is Pickles��

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:00 PM PST

HE THICC BOI

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:31 AM PST

Axolotl on roids?

This little guy is the first baby I sold out of my last batch, and he went from ~3" to ~7" in a month, and he kept his super fluffy gills!

submitted by /u/MrCollie890
[link] [comments]

Name suggestions ? M or F

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:58 AM PST

Please help. What is this thing on his belly? Is this fungus? Because he has freckles on his face and I don’t know what it is. Took me forever to get this pic

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:53 AM PST

Feeding pellets?

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

My local store is out of earth wörms for the winter so I need to get some pellets from petsmart?

Is the carnivore sinking pellets the correct ones to get? Also how many should I feed my axolotl? I normally feed her 1 earth worm every 2-3 days

submitted by /u/ChefGhetti
[link] [comments]

Hi! Some advice needed, please!

Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:25 AM PST

So, I'll be getting an axolotl in a few weeks most likely and I need some help on some tanks. The tank we're looking at is pretty big (big enough for maybe two or three adults) and already has a water filter and a heater. But I need some advice on the decorations and all. Some things I've noted from both the pet shop and a friend who has some axies: •No sharp objects •No fish •Mostly recommended live or silk plants over plastic plants

And on how to handle them. Like, do I separate the babies and small ones from the big ones? How do I handle eggs? And what sort of diseases are most common and what should I look for? Thanks!

submitted by /u/FollowGreetAndWait
[link] [comments]

My first axie! I'm over the moon!

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:03 PM PST

Hello. I'm cycling my tank with only some plants, and I would like to know which nitrite levels (ammonia is currently zero according to the test) are safe for the axolotl for fish-in (actually amphibian-in) cycling?

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:34 PM PST

Baby boy is still little, but his gills are getting lonnnnng (also he grew back his arm fully!)

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 11:15 AM PST

Why does my wildling have a white spot on the edge of his tail?

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:17 PM PST

My wildling axolotl seems to have developed a small white spot on the edge of his tail. His brother (they share a tank) does not have any and is his usual active self. I know this can be caused from heat or fungus, but the temperature hasn't changed so I'm worried it's bacterial? Any ideas? Or what I can do to help him?

submitted by /u/Pandaswife95
[link] [comments]

Cycling tank troubles

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:36 PM PST

I'm rubbing my girl so there is no concern for a uncycled tank. So, I've been tubbing her for about three weeks now, and the hasn't been any changes. I've been adding in nitrifying bacteria in regularly and have gotten more plant to help combat ammonia and hopefully cycle my tank, but all has remained the same. It's a 30 gal tank with a penguin power filter and a currently inactive sponge filter and chiller, due to the airstone and chiller being used for my girl in her tub. My levels are: Ammonia: 1-2ppm Nitrites: 0ppm Nitrates: 0-0.5ppm (can't really tell) Any suggestions, because I have heard that nitrites should have started appearing by now, but so far there are no changes. Keep in mind that the tank has been like this for about a month or two, with the axolotl being taken out about three weeks ago to treat a fungal infection. All help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Kirbyclaimspoyo
[link] [comments]

Urgent advice needed

Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:41 PM PST

So I have two axies in one tank separated by a tank divider. Well, the little guy got to the other side somehow and naturally the big guy tried to eat him. He lost his whole back half but he's still alive.... though his intestines are hanging out.

Does he have a chance or no? How do I humanely euthanize him? Jeez I just don't know if I should let nature take its course or let him fight...

Right now I have him in a two cup Pyrex glass with spring water treated with Prime and some almond leaves..

https://imgur.com/gallery/pfSW8RQ

Edit: The deed is done. RIP Kyle, I'm sorry I couldn't be enough for you 😞

submitted by /u/maggoo
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.