Axolotl - Aquariums - All adjusted to his new home


All adjusted to his new home

Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:04 PM PST

Lounging around

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:28 AM PST

Toothless is very protective over his plate

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:34 AM PST

My plush axolotl, that I creatively named Axel! (sorry for the quality of the picture)

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:28 AM PST

Axolotl caves?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:00 AM PST

Hi guys anyone know any good caves for my axie he is about 4 inches?

submitted by /u/rohothemadlad
[link] [comments]

Happy Dress-Up-Your-Pet Day! This is Toci... a very fancy gender-fluid (her choice) axie.

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:32 AM PST

I figured this belonged here

Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:05 PM PST

Kirby

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:51 AM PST

3 questions -Egg help please!

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:48 AM PST

I need some advice- my LFS sold me a male and female axolotl as a pair, so I knew they'd lay eggs eventually.

Well, she did last night and I just sort of took them out and squished them, then threw them in the trash. My plan is to get any I see out and if I miss any/find any partially developed to try and raise them and give them back to the LFS. So I have three questions:

1) is there a different way I should be culling the eggs?

2) What kind of food do they need? I searched the sub and people seemed to mention special food.

3) I saw someone say I can't house male and female axys together - is that true?

submitted by /u/Quothhernevermore
[link] [comments]

Rick hopes you like his plant -- and his big derp face

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:25 AM PST

How much should my eight inch/~8 month old axolotls be eating?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:37 AM PST

How much should my eight inch/~8 month old axolotls be eating?

https://preview.redd.it/lounvfq9sra41.jpg?width=3567&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ccfa145c4f877bfbb8d4f0b3ed99892c912368dd

They eat somewhere between one half and one whole worm every other day or every third day. I know it isn't necessary for them to eat every day so I give them a couple of pieces and if they don't take them after a half hour or so, I respect their decision and scoop the pieces out. They seem really healthy and happy, and all of the water parameters are pretty much perfect, so it seems like eating this small amount is what works for them but I can't find any really solid guidelines on how much an axolotl should eat so I wanted to check in and make sure before I inadvertently let them starve themselves to death.

submitted by /u/glitteroid7
[link] [comments]

Does anyone have any eggs available?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:23 AM PST

I'd prefer some gfp/copper/albino eggs

submitted by /u/MrCollie890
[link] [comments]

One of my newest baby axolotls, eating an equally small red wiggler worm. So cute!

Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:35 PM PST

Cooling

Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:44 AM PST

Hello, how do you guys keep your tanks cold? My tank sits at about 20°c/68°f with ice packs and a fan. I was wondering if there is a more efficient way? I can't find any Chillers in my country (New Zealand) for a reasonable price so that is kinda a future thing. Also, will my axolotls be affected if the tank sits around 21-23°c/69-73°f?

Thankyou

submitted by /u/Flowerpotunicorn
[link] [comments]

Quirky gill or stress concern? More in Comments

Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:16 PM PST

Live plants for axies?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

what live plants would you recommend i should add in my axolotl tank or plants to stay away from

submitted by /u/xenophily
[link] [comments]

I'm going to be getting an axolotl soon, but I'm thinking of getting two. What precautions do I need to take?

Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:46 PM PST

I don't know too much about axolotls, what do I need to make sure of if I'm going to be getting two?

submitted by /u/alcohol_at3am
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.