Reef Tank - Aquariums - First Bryozoan, wish me luck!


First Bryozoan, wish me luck!

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 11:58 AM PDT

love this veiw

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 11:53 AM PDT

Using King crabs to clean algea from reefs

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 10:13 AM PDT

Aiptasia - Try to kill it or not

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 01:45 PM PDT

[Help] Where can I learn more about macro algae and clownfish tank?

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 12:04 PM PDT

Hi, I have a few questions about macro algae in a small tank. For TLDR, skip right to the question list at the bottom please. If you need more context, read on.

I'm a freshwater planted tank girl. Have always had fish pets all my life and I've had my own tanks for 12+ years, and had planted tanks for about 8 of those. I've had everything from an iwagumi with nano fish to massive tanks with discus planted.

I've been thinking of trying out a saltwater tank for a few years now and have been researching and reading up about basics and watching videos. The reason I want a saltwater tank is because, I'll be honest, I just really like clown fishes.

I want to setup a small nano tank (60 litres) with just two clown fish. Corals are really cool, but I don't want to start with them right away. One step at a time, I thought. I read about anemones and soft corals - I love the pulsing Xenia and how easy everyone says it is to keep it, but for now, I just want to start with 2 clown fish.

I love planted tanks though, and I have failed to see any planted salt water tanks. Even sea weed would be cool I thought. The only thing close to the planted tank is a macro algae tank and they do look beautiful but the information on them is very sparse and incomplete.

Currently my questions are:

  • Can I keep some live rocks and a whole bunch of macro algae, and two clown fish?
  • Can I also add pulsing Xenia with macro algae later on, a few months down the line?
  • Do I need a skimmer if I plant heavily? I have a year old low tech bowl that's heavily planted with some guppies and shrimp and it's one of my best looking, most thriving tanks and it doesn't even have a filter. Just lights and manual nutrient dosing.
  • If I do need a skimmer, do I need a filter along with the skimmer? I'm very confused about where the skimmer fits in with the setup and where the filter goes.

Thanks for taking your time.

submitted by /u/tea-and-chill
[link] [comments]

Red Sea Wave Maker 25 Sounds like a drill… Any advice to make it more quiet?

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 09:05 AM PDT

After a year my clowns finally realized that they have two anemones they can live in!!

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 02:00 PM PDT

question about RO water system

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 11:02 AM PDT

So we've had an ro filter for quite a while in our basement everything's working fine with it but I'd like something explained. The RO unit comes with a storage for the water (about 5 gallons). I was wondering if I run it past what the storage has would I still be getting the same TDS water or would it run through the filter too quickly?

So far I've just been emptying out the 5 gallons every day to have water to mix in a week time but if I could just have it on for like an hour or two with no reprocussions that'd be amazing. Let me know and thank y'all in advance

Should also mention the RO unit comes from Hague

submitted by /u/lumpy1318
[link] [comments]

Preference on water testing kits?

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 02:33 PM PDT

CUC for a 75G

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 10:14 AM PDT

So been having some issues with the ugly phase, I know it's normal and will eventually pass. But I don't think my CUC is up to par. What are your recommendations for a good team?

Currently running

5 Blue legs 5 red legs 1 Halloween 3 Turbo 6 astrea 5 nassarius 1 conch 5 margaritas 4 trochus

Going to add a blue tuxedo and brittle star in time.

Any suggestions or adding more or changing any out?

Right now tank isn't fully stocked but will be in coming weeks/months

submitted by /u/mercon_82
[link] [comments]

Maxed on fish?

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 01:44 PM PDT

Currently have a 40GAL breeder. My current stock as of now:

2 x clownfish (ocellaris and snowflake pair) 2 x orange firefish 1 x Blood red fire shrimp 1 x pincushion urchin 1 x purple stripe pseudochromis 1 x orchid dottyback

Currently using a Fluval 407 canister filter. Am I maxed out or do you think I still have room for peaceful schooling fish and corals?

submitted by /u/Camofan
[link] [comments]

One of my fish died just after three days of introducing it into my first marine aquarium

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 09:37 AM PDT

I bought a Nano 25 gallon tank and cycled for a month. Got the parameters tested, introduced a pair of clowns, a bluestreak goby and a shrimp. The goby died just after three days. Feeling down since then.

This is my first marine aquarium.

submitted by /u/Your_Loving_Sasi
[link] [comments]

Just keep swimming 😅

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 12:32 PM PDT

Join the The Reef Discord Server!

Posted: 14 Jun 2022 10:39 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.