Jarrariums - 8 month old closed eco system coming back to life due to spring sunshine


8 month old closed eco system coming back to life due to spring sunshine

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:26 AM PDT

Afternoon sun in the 2.5-gallon

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:50 AM PDT

Shrimp and ecosphere

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:03 AM PDT

Hi I was wondering if you could put a glass shrimp in a self sustaining jarrarium that is 8 to 10 liter (Roughly 2.5 gallon) and make it thrive?

All "datasheets" says you shouldn't go for less than 5 gallon, but as I understand it, this is based on a normal aquarium and not a balanced one where it would be the only inhabitant?

Do you have any animals in a jarrarium that small?

submitted by /u/Whootler
[link] [comments]

Not sure how your guys' jars are so ~aesthetic~, but here is my first jar so far! Friends include isopods, a snail, dinos, and some weeds since those are the only plants growing around here

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:28 AM PDT

What plant is this? I collected it from a local pond.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:11 PM PDT

First time trying to make one of these don’t think they will last long but they look really cool

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:11 PM PDT

Jarrarium Help! (any advice is welcome)

Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:59 PM PDT

Jarrarium Help! (any advice is welcome)

Hello! I am new to the scene of Eco-jars and I am looking for any advice I can get!

Let me start by asking a few questions about the post creation care:

  1. what is the optimal lighting for the jar?
  2. What is the optimal temperature for the jar?
  3. is there a specific, one-stop way I could look up information on the types of living things in my jar?
  4. what is the best way to record and document the really small bits of life in my jar? (Maybe a cheaper microscope?)
  5. after the creation of my jar, can I still add things into it periodically?
  6. are there any pests I should look out for in my jar?
  7. Is there a good couple of tools to maximize efficiency when creating a jar?
  8. also is there any idea on how long the water is going to stay murky? I assembled the jar around 5 hours ago.

Another topic is the method used to collect the life into a jar. I had a trowel and I had scooped the mud into a large jar first, then added half water and some lake debris, after that, I added a larger plant into the middle and tried my best to weigh it down with medium/small rocks. I also managed to fit a healthy bit of moss. other than that I added a small stick of pre-soaked wood to the water.

Is this a good method? maybe less moss? ill post a picture to give a visual representation.

https://preview.redd.it/zoe1nx0xvus61.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9d57bebf69335bf4452089c3704210396b208821

Thanks to everyone who reads and helps!

-KIP

submitted by /u/KipKuh
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.