Goldfish - Aquariums - Our cat, Tony, wondering where the shadow creatures are coming from...


Our cat, Tony, wondering where the shadow creatures are coming from...

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:34 PM PDT

Moorice safely arrived the other day after an overnight flight cross country from my significant other!

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:34 AM PDT

The pond is open! Finally! They are out of hibernation and the few days of sun and warmth switched them on.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

Imprisoning Softbutt the Ranchu. Good or bad? (More in the reply)

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:11 AM PDT

Itsa Mario and Peach!

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:55 AM PDT

Swim in peace Gus. ❤️

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:43 PM PDT

�� Out of the sea/Wish I could be/Part of that woooorld��

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:51 PM PDT

Question

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:48 PM PDT

Can 2 small gold fish live in a 10 gallon with weekly water changes and clean water

submitted by /u/Quirky_Ferret7641
[link] [comments]

TIL male goldfish can get white spots when sexually active. Also, TIL my fish is male.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:31 PM PDT

Can I move water from one tank to another?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:31 PM PDT

Hello everyone, I hope this isn't a silly question but it just popped into my mind and now I really want to know the answer!

My two goldfish turned 6 today (I think they're comets? They have beautiful long, but single tails) and I want to get them a bigger tank as I don't think their current tank is big enough :(

My question is, instead of cycling a new tank, would it be possible to just transfer the water and filter from the old tank to the new? Along with the fish of course. If this is a silly thing to ask please let me know haha!

I'm not going to even think about attempting this unless I know it's safe for my fish so no one needn't worry! The biggest issue I see with it is that a larger tank will probably require a different filter and therefore I will likely have to do a good old fashioned cycle.

submitted by /u/cos180
[link] [comments]

Is this the start of finrot??? More in the comments

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:10 PM PDT

Quarantining fish developed ich

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:50 PM PDT

I recently (6 days ago) purchased a black moor and oranda from my LFS. They have been in the quarantine tank (luckily!) and today I noticed they seem to have ich. I've dealt with ich before and these fish don't look as bad, so hopefully I've caught it sooner than later. In the past I used ich-x and I still have some. But this morning I added some aquarium salt and have been slowly raising the temperature for the last few hours. So my questions are: 1. should I use the ich-x or heat/salt comb? 2. What temperature can my moor and oranda handle?

submitted by /u/jcogeroo
[link] [comments]

Does anyone know what causes scales to lift besides dropsy?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:27 PM PDT

I have one fancy in a 40 gallon with live plants and pothos. It's completely cycled, water parameters are great, filtered 10x, 50% water changes a week, gel food, etc. I noticed a while ago that the scales on her stomach were lifting a little bit but she was very active and acting normal. The rest of her body was fine and it was just on her stomach. After a few weeks it went away and I didn't medicate her or anything.

I've experienced dropsy before and from my understanding pineconing happens on the entire body. I saw a video where this guy was saying if it's only a part of the body then it's due to other factors but he didn't really say what causes it.

Does anyone know? Is it a bloating issue?

submitted by /u/GrandPlankton38
[link] [comments]

Tiny dancers - comets & gambusia

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:06 PM PDT

Help! Ranchu breathing very slowly and floating. More info in comments.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:40 PM PDT

How would you transport your goldfish?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:14 AM PDT

Hello everyone, I'm a college student thinking about establishing a 55gal oranda tank with two goldies and a loach. However, I know that I'll be moving for my job after college (in about 2 years) and I'm uncertain about setting up an aquarium only to move in a few years. I've kept tropical fish for several years before college.

I've heard of the Home Depot bucket method and I've also thought about keeping the fish with a trusted family member until the tank is set up in the new location then shipping them to myself.

Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/Perspective-Guilty
[link] [comments]

My goldfish was floating belly up this morning. When I turned on the lights she righted herself and swam away. Does she look okay? Also her poop tends to float.

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:16 AM PDT

my goldfish has this white spot on her wen and I assumed it was Ich but the treatment isn’t helping, does anyone know what this is?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:51 PM PDT

Normal?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

I did a skin scrap on my fish one I couldn't see anything the other had a couple trichodina parasite is it normal to see a couple there was not very many like 10 at most.

submitted by /u/Snakes_for_life
[link] [comments]

One of my younger shubunkin (almost 2 years old) has been hiding in this spot for almost a day now. All other fish are swimming around actively as usual. Could he be sick? What can I do to help?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:07 AM PDT

Is it safe?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:42 PM PDT

Is it safe to lightly sadate a fish with clove oil? I have to go a skin scrap and I don't want to overly stress them and I know them will not stay still enough to safely do it.

submitted by /u/Snakes_for_life
[link] [comments]

Wen growth?

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:39 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.