Goldfish - Aquariums - Gonna miss the company. But it's pond time!


Gonna miss the company. But it's pond time!

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

Found another egg the same age! Day 4 of watching a goldfish develop under a microscope. Should hatch today I will post when it does!

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:22 PM PDT

●▂●

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:51 PM PDT

My three water cows hoping I’ll feed them a second dinner

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:41 PM PDT

They grow up so fast. Done with my first culling. ��

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:22 PM PDT

Emergency help video of my boi for reference, details in comments!

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:23 PM PDT

[seeking advice] Prevention of injury caused by goldfish stupidity

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:37 PM PDT

Put some rocks in my tank to hide some air stones (which are a big success) unfortunately while things were fine for the first two weeks, the other day I came back to find one of my fish (a black moore) trapped underneath one of the rocks.

I don't know how he managed it, and he could have only been under there for less than an hour which was lucky, unfortunately, it's left him with some raw spots where his scales have rubbed off so is an experience I'd rather not repeat. Does anyone have advice for how to keep the rocks in the tank without giving the scaly idiots (said with the greatest of affection) opportunity to hurt themselves?

submitted by /u/tigchar
[link] [comments]

I have a few another fish in the tank and this one is the only one that stays at the surface. There are also black spots all over him and on his eye. Is this something I should worry about.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:34 PM PDT

My poor little goldfish is not doing well and I need advice. This is an old picture but it shows his bent back which was the first thing I noticed wrong when I got him. He had been doing just fine at first but then he never grew, not even a little bit. He has however gotten wider and has been...

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:43 PM PDT

I think my goldfish may have swallowed a rock

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:48 PM PDT

I couldnt do anything, i was in bed and i heard some cracking so i went to check and it was eating something, what can i do, will it die?

submitted by /u/Stabs-In-Shadows
[link] [comments]

Fish-in cycle - prime dosing and water change rates?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:55 PM PDT

Hey everyone - I have been cycling a planted 29gal for a little over two months, and I made a rookie mistake. Thought it was done (ammonia and nitrites being fully converted to nitrate) and ordered my first fish (a 6" oranda) - but I had calculated the amount of ammonia I was dosing incorrectly, and it looks like it's not quite there. It does fully convert to nitrate but it takes a few days still rather than the 12-24h I'd like to see.

My question is this - my fish will be here sometime next week, when it arrives, how often do I do water changes and how much prime should I dose? Should I do a WC every time my ammonia and/or nitrite hit 0.25? 0.5? Or some other number?

My tapwater has 0.5ppm ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, and I have heard that when dosing prime a single dose treats up to 1ppm combined ammonia and nitrite.

Thanks for the help y'all!

submitted by /u/Quiinton
[link] [comments]

Wondering about this small ulcer & how to treat it! (More info in comments.)

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

fancies & turtles?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 10:03 PM PDT

please be nice if this is 1) unsafe & 2) very stupid! we had 2 fancies in our 60 gal, one passed last month & we are wondering what to add! Our local aquarium store had turtles mixed with the fancies and we were fascinated by the mix! the store claimed it was safe however i was a little skeptical! Is this okay? Or should we drop the idea of turtles and stick to another 2 fancies as planned? The idea of turtles and fancies seems way too out there for me too, please be nice!

submitted by /u/yellowcowzzz
[link] [comments]

Swimming a lap before he’s back on the ground again. He’s so weird.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:18 AM PDT

Questions about goldfish

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:17 PM PDT

Hi my common goldfish pond seems to be really inactive compared to the fancy one. For some reason in the daytime all they do is rest on a ledge under the plants and not move whereas the fancies are always active however i noticed they are more active at night. Could this be due to lack of water changes? I dont clean this pond as its a natural one and the water never goes cloudy, it also has a pump. Also how long would i have to leave water from an outdoor tap to dechlorinate naturally before refilling the common pond the water is evaporating and I've already used the aged water on a fancy water change today. Thanks for any help :D

submitted by /u/LtJake_1
[link] [comments]

75 G. Gold Tank. Thoughts on a good ground cover. I have no experience with planted tanks.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:09 AM PDT

is this gap normal on the fin of my black moor? I bought it today and didn't notice that until recently, he has a tank mate, a pleco, could the catfish have caused that? or is it something normal

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:47 PM PDT

Good goldfish name ideas

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:01 PM PDT

They r a common goldfish

submitted by /u/malachyburns-king
[link] [comments]

My poor goldfish is on its side gasping. More in comments.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:00 PM PDT

I seem to have lost some of my filter pieces ������‍♂️

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:09 AM PDT

One of my snails died and I’m pretty sure the goldfish ate the innards please tell me I’m right and that this isn’t a parasite holy shit

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 10:31 AM PDT

75 G. Gold Tank. Thoughts on a good ground cover plant. I’ve never dealt with planted tanks. But think as ground cover would set this off!

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:58 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.