Crayfish eye socket chilling (if I fits I sits)


eye socket chilling (if I fits I sits)

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:30 AM PDT

GREEDY. She has food on each small claw ��

Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:16 AM PDT

Hi! Do Dwarf Crayfish do well in a 50 Gallon?

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:55 PM PDT

I just got a pair of Blue Dwarfs and I'm wondering if they like to hide? I saw them running about yesterday and now I can't see them that much ;-;

submitted by /u/FillyCheezy
[link] [comments]

Big Mama’s Big Mouth!

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:25 AM PDT

ID just caught him in a lake any idea what species?

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:45 AM PDT

Anyone try cypress?

Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:03 AM PDT

TLDR: I've got a crawfish and i want to put a bald cypress tree in his tank, but i'm worried he'll destroy it.

Before Katrina i saved a crawfish from a boil and kept it in a tank in my room as a kid, it actually ended up surviving katrina to everyones surprise and it lived for much longer than anyone expected. I loved having the little guy to watch, and it was a really great pet.

A few years ago me and my fiancée were at a pet store looking for some options to stock my current tank with and she picked a blue crawfish, i begrudgingly agreed and we brought him home, she named him Blue Boy.

Immediately he started to chow down on all of the plants in the tank, id only ever kept them in seclusion in an unplanted tank as a kid, so i had no idea that would happen. My fiancée was so attached to the little guy at this point that i would've felt bad just bringing him back to the store so we ended up getting the crawfish his own separate, smaller tank without any live plants.

We did however put some fake plants in with him, which he immediately started to munch, after a few days we had to remove the fake plants because little plastic bits were getting stuck in the filter.

Since then he's been living in the same tank without any plants, he seems like he doesn't mind, but i do wish it was more aesthetically pleasing.

i've grown to be really fond of blue boy, i like to watch him go crazy over food and he reminds me of my crawfish when i was kid.

I'd like to upgrade him into a bigger and more natural tank, one that mimics his natural habitat a bit more, and hopefully one that serves multiple purposes.

My thinking is, he eats any plant he can get his little claws around, but if i could set him up with one that was too big to chomp, maybe he'd let it be.

i was at a local garden store a few days ago and i saw they were growing a bald cypress in a tank, it was a paludarium setup without any live stocking but it got me thinking.

so obviously working out the logistics behind a lid has been challenging but i think i've got that figured out, using an acrylic lid with a hole sized for the trunk of the tree, so it can grow out of the tank but he cannot escape up its trunk.

my main question is just, will he find a way to destroy the tree?? is he capable of killing a cypress tree and are there ways to mitigate the risk?

if anyone has ideas i'd love to hear them! thanks!!

submitted by /u/Mowmers-
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.