Axolotl - Aquariums - Axolotl hair


Axolotl hair

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

My Zilla is way too cool ��

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:37 PM PDT

Just got this beauty, I thought you guys would like it

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:08 PM PDT

My axo tank

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:05 AM PDT

Will not eat have tried night crawlers smaller warms. He will eat them then spits them back out. What do I do? I have done a water change and tank is good. Temperature is 68.7 f. Help worried mom.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:07 AM PDT

Any guesses what color this bebe might end up?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:45 AM PDT

Her gymnastics is going great as you can see ��‍♀️

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:00 PM PDT

Dwarf gourami stuck in his mouth what do I do

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:42 AM PDT

My 10 gallon tank with a dwarf gourami started leaking the other day so I had him in a tub. He seemed to be stressed with the tub and his back started to curve a lot. He was on the bottom of the tub struggling. Last night, I decided to put him in my axolotl tank for a few days just until I could find a home for him. Not 5 minutes after that my axolotl gobbled him up. It was still in his mouth so I took him out of the tank and tried to pry open his mouth and take the fish out. The fish wouldn't budge, and I was just stressing the axolotl out. I put the axolotl back in the tank and hoped maybe it would spit it out. I woke up this morning and it's still in his mouth. He hasn't swallowed though which is good. Does anyone have any experience dealing with a scenario like this? Could it just be best to let him try to swallow and maybe it will pass through? I really don't want to try again what I did last night because it was traumatic for the both of us, but I don't want him to die from impaction. Please help!

submitted by /u/sirjamesofdickington
[link] [comments]

2nd day of “cycling” before the ammonium chloride drops arrive

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:43 AM PDT

Natural coloration or something I should be worried about?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:30 PM PDT

Is this a good treatment for tap water to de-toxify tap water? I need to do my first water change soon but my tap water has a bit of ammonia in it and I don’t know what brand of treatment is best.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:35 AM PDT

Soooo Chonky

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:00 PM PDT

I'm getting this axolotl soon and I was wondering, can I tub him in 2 gallon with daily 100% water changes while my tank finishes cycling? He is 2 inches BTW

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:44 PM PDT

morph??

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:22 AM PDT

Axolotl help please, won’t eat, not moving much, hasn’t pooped, new tank cycled with good water parameters

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:12 PM PDT

Reggie is about two and has never had any health issues before, but I think he has fungus beginning to form on his gills? Not sure. Advice?

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:16 PM PDT

��

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:46 PM PDT

My axolotl is extremely stressed and I don’t know why

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:00 PM PDT

So I rescued a baby/adolescent axolotl on Monday from my local pet store, he was in a tank with several dead babies in cloudy water missing an arm with atrophied gills. I had a cycled 7.5 gallon set up for him (not nearly ideal, I have a 30 gallon that he'll be moved into in about 30 days, my college won't allow over 10 gallons living on campus)so I brought him home. The tank is cycled with a 2-10 gallon sponge filter and air stone, no substrate, a potted Java fern and a rock hideout for him. I've been feeding him frozen bloodworms as 2-3 times a day as much as he'll eat them, and I plan to switch him onto really small cut night crawlers in the next couple of weeks. His gills initially started getting better then yesterday I woke up and they were significantly curled forward. I've been testing the water perimeters daily, and there was no change (I such out extra food / poop with a turkey baster). I figured it could be water flow, but I unplugged the filter for 12 hours and there was no change. I looked for fungus, and there was no sign of any on his gills or anywhere else. I decided to tub him and feed him, and his gills uncurled and looked healthy for a few hours, then returned to their curled state. I even tested ammonia levels in the tub and they were below .25. I let my water sit for 12 hours then use about a drop of reef per 1 1/2 gallon before doing water changes, and the water has had no fluctuation, with me checking everything with an api test kit every day. The tank / tub sits at about 60 degrees with minor fluctuations during the day. Why is he stressed?????

submitted by /u/Measlyskunk
[link] [comments]

Wanting to get pet axolotl

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:46 PM PDT

I want to get an acolotl as a pet but the only thing is I would not be able to feed it when I go on vacation if you have any solutions please let me know

submitted by /u/shadow_locks
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.