Aquatic Snails Om nom


Om nom

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:11 PM PDT

Blue velvet shrimp catching the mystery snail taxi

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 12:49 PM PDT

Finally saw my nerite snail. I have never had such a shy snail before.

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:13 PM PDT

Caught my rabbit snail, Marshall, eating on one of the fallen. Check out how you can see the movement of his mouth inside!

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:34 AM PDT

Found this little guy In my tank anyone know what snail he is?

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:04 AM PDT

Snail I.D.? I bought these as black dwarf rabbit snails. Definitely look different from MTS (bigger/thicker/shorter noses) but I'm not an expert

Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:08 AM PDT

What is this pink part on my nerite snail? Will it be okay?

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:39 PM PDT

Olive Nerite Shell Deteriorating (details in replies, please help!)

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:59 PM PDT

My mystery snail is currently laying eggs! ama! After 5 clutches, this is the first time I've caught it happening

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:45 PM PDT

Hehe I thought my snails were looking very cute today:) so here are some pics of a couple of them and a new baby I just found!!!:)

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 01:59 PM PDT

whoops

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 09:09 PM PDT

i'm sure theres already a post somewhere about this but I want current opinions. My two gold mystery snails decided to get jiggy with it and I am now stuck with a clutch of eggs that I will not be able to take care of. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do with them.

I dont keep the snails in anything fancy i'm actually surprised they've even lived this long (the one that is laying the clutch is over 11 months old!) they live in a 2.5 gal tank that gets the water changed once a week. I bought them to live with my betta but she ended up territorial so I had to move them to what I had available. I doubt the eggs will be anything fancy and I've never planned on this, so I wouldn't believe anyone would want to buy them.

is there any humane thing I should do? Is there a way to only keep 1 or 2?

submitted by /u/bluesassafrass
[link] [comments]

Help please! Just found him like this, when I first found him he was upside down, the opening wasn't fully closed yet but now it is as you can see in the picture! What is happening???

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

Help my nerite please!!

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 10:42 AM PDT

Hey you guys need help desperately! So I just found my black racer nerite upside down in the tank, his shell was half way closed up with its trap door but now it's completely closed off. He's in the tank with my Beta and another nerite (same kind) and those are both fine! The water temp is steady, I use a filter, I feed them pellets and algae wafers like the girl who claimed raises them told me to (never see my snails eat them though) and my beta leaves them alone. What's going on??? I tried to take a pic on this phone (my account) but it wouldn't let me so I posted a pic from my son's Reddit, I just didn't see the post with the pic of the snail pop up yet for some reason. Can anyone please tell me what's going on?? I want to help it so bad, I'm new to the aquatic snail thing so please any advice is appreciated. They are in a 5 gallon tank. What am I doing wrong??

submitted by /u/SuperSaiyanRyce
[link] [comments]

Hypothetical Question

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 01:48 PM PDT

If I were to ever experience an algae bloom, would that mean I should stop feeding my snails for a couple days just so they don't get overfed from eating the algae? Or would I still need to give them veggies for nutrients?

submitted by /u/ExistingPerson194
[link] [comments]

What's thisting poking out of the side of my ramshorn?

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

Help with Pest Snails

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:20 AM PDT

I have a 40 gallon hardscape that's heavily planted. It's really starting to mature and I'm getting good plant growth, fish spawning, and baby shrimp. I really like the way it's coming together.

I'm concerned that one of the species of pest snails that cropped up might be New Zealand Mud snails. I can't tell for sure if they are mud snails or baby Malaysian trumpets. I'd be fine with trumpets but I don't want mud snails.

I'm going to do some in-depth ID work over the weekend. If they are mud snails, I have several questions:

  1. My plants were expensive and I don't want to ditch them if I don't have to. What would be the best way to preserve my plants and also murder the snails?
  2. Any advice for nuking my tank? Would drying it out be sufficient or am I going to have engage in chemical warfare?
  3. Is there any way I can just nuke the snails? Anyone have success killing mud snails? This tank is established and I can manage an ammonia spike. Also, I have other tanks and can move the other invertebrates (shrimp and mysteries) and fish out if needed.

I really love and appreciate this community and the wealth of knowledge here so thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/furyisgeorge
[link] [comments]

QQ - Mystery Snail is laying Mini Clutch daily

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 01:20 PM PDT

Every day or so for the past week, my gal has been laying small dime-nickel size clutches instead of the one big clutch every month or so. Anyone ever had this happen and know what's up?

submitted by /u/Shell-Fire
[link] [comments]

How do I take care of surprise baby mystery snails?

Posted: 15 Apr 2021 09:30 AM PDT

Today I discovered 4 (maybe more) tiny baby mystery snails in my 10 gallon tank. I have noooo idea where they came from, since I've been removing eggs when I see them. Thus, I'm super unprepared!

They're not really contained in a breeder box or anything, and they look a bit larger than newly hatched. I usually feed my larger snails Hikari crab cuisine pellets, but what should I do to feed these babies? I assume they've been living off of algae and biofilms up until now.

Any and all tips would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/bleeding-profusely
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.