Aquatic Snails Mystery snail O face


Mystery snail O face

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:31 PM PDT

This is a volcano snail. Their shells are made of iron and they live around hydrothermal vents that can reach up to 750 degrees Fahrenheit.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:30 PM PDT

Today I learned that mystery snails can stretch their mouth out really long!

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 10:28 PM PDT

Thought y’all would appreciate this

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:19 AM PDT

Mystery Snail unable to retract fully (details in comments)

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:47 PM PDT

Cleaning his buddy out lol

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:32 PM PDT

My grandaughters snail in her fish tank had some babies, heres one at 8x magnification

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:35 PM PDT

Poor guy

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:09 PM PDT

I had bought a new heater for the tank but realized it was crap(the internal temp wasn't working properly) and got very hot ~85+ degree's in the tank...My mystery snail has been like this for about three days now. Doesn't explore like he used to. did I harm in on accident?!

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:52 PM PDT

Help are they hibernating?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:48 PM PDT

Cruising Through a Cryp Forest

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:26 AM PDT

help! lumi is hanging on by the smallest bit of his foot and he seems bloated? he was doing fine until this morning. what is wrong with him? water parameters haven’t shifted at all for months.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:41 PM PDT

Snail colony

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:48 PM PDT

So I'm redoing one a 7.5 gallon tank that used to house shrimp until I discovered I'm more of a snail guy. It will be filtered, and heated. I'd like to dedicate the tank to a singular species of snail so I can have a colony to watch expand. What kind of snails should I get?

submitted by /u/SnooHabits3368
[link] [comments]

What type of snail is this? I purchased some plants for the aquarium I’m setting up, and this guy hitched a ride. I’m not opposed to snails if they won’t destroy my plants or hurt the fish I plan to get.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:01 PM PDT

Where to buy?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:57 PM PDT

Hello : ) Does anybody know a good place to buy Mystery Snails? I don't want to get one with any parasites.

submitted by /u/Aimetoitoimeme
[link] [comments]

Yo question

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:44 PM PDT

So I'm trying to get more into the aquarium hobby, and I've heard that a good stocking idea for a 10 gallon tank is a trumpet snail and a betta fish. I like snails, I like bettas, no problem. However trumpet snails are hermaphrodites and I've heard that I should expect ~1 live baby snail each month. Can I just give I to a pet store? Would the betta eat it? I wouldn't want a snail infestation on my hands

submitted by /u/ExistingPerson194
[link] [comments]

So...... my mystery snails laid eggs and they hatched. all 4 egg sacs. I have a 5 gal just for my 3 snails. How do you guys deal with the baby snails?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:35 AM PDT

I've asked my LFS and nearby chains like Petco but they dont buy or take baby snell. my friends are also quite spooked by snell. Only a few took some and they only took one or two with them. i still have so many....

or at least, how do you safely remove them from the tank??? they are so smol

submitted by /u/shevildevil
[link] [comments]

Best way to clean a mystery snail

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:35 PM PDT

My gold mystery snail has some algae on its shell. What's the best way to clean that off?

submitted by /u/TJV20
[link] [comments]

Re-introducing mystery snails after fenbendazole/planaria treatment?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:05 PM PDT

Hi all. A month ago, I treated my shrimp tank with dog dewormer (panacur c, fenbendazole) in order to eradicate what I thought was planaria. It worked perfectly, all the worm creatures I used to have all died off. Now I'm wondering if it's safe to re-introduce my mystery snails to the tank. This whole time they've been in a temporary tank, but it's small (5 gallons for 3 adult snails) so I'm eager to get them back in my main tank. It's been a month since I dosed the fenbendazole, and 2 weeks ago I did a 30% water change, and today I'm planning on another 30% water change. I'm hesitant to do bigger water changes because I don't want to harm the shrimp. Any advice? Do you think it's safe for the snails now? Would a larger water change (50-70%) be better for the snails but also safe for the shrimp?

submitted by /u/Alykinze
[link] [comments]

[help] rabbit snail owners I need advice

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:40 AM PDT

we have a ten gallon have many rabbit snails can we fit in there also are they ok in fresh water I live in ontario so you guys know any breeders this will be my first snail in the fish tank I already have a clown pleco and a baby balloon belled molly I would like a snail that eats fish poop and left over food thanks you can ask more questions and also request other snails (I was thinking of getting a yellow or golden rabbit snail) thanks :)

submitted by /u/Jam_The_Hamster101
[link] [comments]

What is this worm thing and how do I get rid of them?

Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:25 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.