Aquatic Snails Cow the mystery snail makes a weird face


Cow the mystery snail makes a weird face

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:59 PM PDT

My unit of a pond snail. Meet Apa

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:05 PM PDT

What’s wrong with my mystery snail?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:54 PM PDT

TIL I have a Jade mystery snail with a white stripe on his body

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:40 PM PDT

Snail orgy? What is going on here!?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:41 AM PDT

Snails and Catappa Leaves

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:17 AM PDT

So I have a baby trapdoor in my Betta tank, things are going well so far but I have noticed that she (I believe it's a female) tends to stay on my catappa leaves that fall to the bottom of the tank. I'm assuming she's eating them but she's so small I can't really tell. If she is eating them, does it offer an actual nutritional value for her? I did a brief google search and saw it was common for snails to eat them, but nothing about wether it's a good food source for them or not. Any one know? TIA:))

submitted by /u/SnooDoodles1189
[link] [comments]

Is this just his natural patterning or parasites? When he is flat on the glass the white speck outline his footage and shell.

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:31 PM PDT

It started as a few ramshorn snails...

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:00 PM PDT

Please don't give me shit for this, I made an honest mistake and I just want to know if there's anything I can do for my snail that I accidentally exposed to salt water

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:01 PM PDT

Please don't give me shit for this, I made an honest mistake and I just want to know if there's anything I can do for my snail that I accidentally exposed to salt water

I have a mystery snail and a a nerite snail in a tank with a betta fish. The fish is suffering from fin rot, so I added aquarium salt to help him heal. I looked up whether aquarium salt will hurt freshwater snails, but I did not look up the specific species. Now I'm freaking out because my typically extremely active mystery snail, Snaylor Swift, has been shut up in her shell all day. I've never seen her like this before, she usually has the zoomies. I have since looked up mystery snails specifically and they do not tolerate salt. As soon as I realized my mistake (which was about 20 hours after putting the salt in) I removed her from the tank and put her in a freshwater container. That today around noon. She came out a little bit but went right back in and I haven't seen her since. Is there anything I can do? Am I going to lose her? I'm weirdly bonded to this snail and I feel terrible. Here is a picture of my beloved Snaylor Swift.

https://preview.redd.it/gh444xo551t61.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c578e51f23627c93f4426ae7953f83bbc28228d1

submitted by /u/to0ties
[link] [comments]

What species of snail is this?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:37 AM PDT

Are all these gooey blobs egg sacs? Is it good to have so many at one time? New to the hobby thanks for the help guys!

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:37 PM PDT

snail id?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:07 AM PDT

Great pond snails make better pets than you might think. they are extremely active and personable most of the time, fun to watch, and don’t reproduce at a ridiculous rate like trumpets or rabbits, though they can asexually

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:57 PM PDT

Hey guys :) good news

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:07 PM PDT

So I got 2 mystery snails a couple days ago and I'm happy to report that they now feel comfortable sleeping without closing their trapdoor 😇 I feel so accomplished because I've made them happy :) its not that they can't close it, don't worry. They still do that when frightened. But anyways yayyyy

submitted by /u/ExistingPerson194
[link] [comments]

Lots of activity in my small tank tonight, can anyone name all the different types of snails and a bonus creature? :)

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:51 PM PDT

Can anyone tell me what kind of snails these are? I have a rabbit snail but I know they reproduce pretty slowly. I have around 4-5 of them. Too dark to be Malaysian trumpets. Maybe my rabbit got busy before I bought them?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:34 PM PDT

Chinese Algae Eaters and Nerites/Mysteries

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:30 PM PDT

Hello, I introduced two 1 inch CAE's in my snail-only aquarium to help with the aggressive algae growth. I have been reading that the CAE's stop cleaning algae after a while and start attacking other fish and turn into a meat heavy diet. Does anyone have any experience with CAE's living with Nerites/Mysteries?

submitted by /u/iseldiera451
[link] [comments]

Would it be possible to keep a mystery snail out of water if the terrarium has constant high humidity/moisture?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:25 PM PDT

I'm gonna be making a swampy terrarium for some plants out of a 5 gallon aquarium, and it'll be very humid with soil that's constantly moist. I was thinking that, at the most, I'll add in a very small, shallow body of water.

So, I was wondering, could mystery snails survive in such an environment, living mostly out of water?

I know they have lungs that they use to breathe outside of water, and some of the ones I keep (that I had ordered online) had travelled for several days only wrapped in a moist paper towel, rather than being in a bag of water like other species of aquatic snails I've previously ordered.

If this is a bad idea, though, I won't try it.

submitted by /u/Cryptoss
[link] [comments]

Do Mystery Snails eat Ramshorn snail eggs?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:19 AM PDT

Mystery Snail won’t move?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:40 PM PDT

My mystery snail isn't moving. Sometimes he pokes his head out, but he doesn't move at all. He isn't dead because he reacts to when I touch him. I don't think it's anything to do with the water because my other mystery snail is completely fine. Any idea of what could be wrong? I don't wanna have to euthanize him but I can tell he's suffering.

submitted by /u/DippityDawg69
[link] [comments]

So sorry about my previous post with poor quality. I hope these are better. I believe we have a Tiger snail but we are unsure of the second snail (is it’s shell okay?) and the two babies!

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:48 PM PDT

hatching mystery snail clutch, how much to feed?

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:41 PM PDT

so my local stores were always out of snails, and I wanted more. I have an extra planted tank I was going to do shrimp in, but those are rare locally too(got some but they are really small and just going to put them in my community tank)

so I found a snail clutch online cheap, got it, now they're hatching and disappearing in the tank(saw one on the glass so I guess they're alive still)

I hear they eat A LOT, so freshly hatched, how much should I feed? when to increase and to how much? is there a schedule online?

submitted by /u/olov244
[link] [comments]

Found these in my ecosphere from a stream in Texas. Anyone know what kind of snails they could be? I've done some research and think they could be ramshorn snails or apple snails but they're so small it's hard to tell for sure!

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:28 AM PDT

Snail care help

Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:53 AM PDT

Hello, I have a 5 gallon tank where I hold some plants, a mystery snail, a small nerite snail, and a betta. I'm worried about making sure my snail stays healthy. I had some Algae growth so I got the nerite snail (slimon) in hopes of him helping with that. He was a slow eater and didn't really do much, so I also adopted a mystery snail(slimantha). The mystery snail is a beast, she cannot ever be full. She eats everything in her path, scales up the wall eating, flings herself off the wall and floats to the bottom where she then lands and then eats. Now I'm worried about having enough food for them. I got some algae tablets and throw small bits in daily. I'm going to start microwaving some spinach and tossing it in. But I don't know how much I should add? How often I should feed them, I don't want to over feed slimantha. I also ordered a cuttlebone and will be putting that in for some calcium. However, will this be okay for the betta? I don't want to mess up the water, I have the freshwater masters kit but don't have the GH/KH kits. Also, I'm worried about Slimon having enough to eat, he currently is just chilling at the top of the tank but has been there for about a day and is a very slow moving guy. I adopted both of them recently but notice their shells have some chipping and I want to make sure both of them stay happy and healthy. How often should I clean the tank and do water changes with these guys to keep all 3 healthy?

Thank you for the advice and help!

submitted by /u/ghostgal66
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.