Goldfish - Aquariums - Its my Cheddar's Birthday today hes one years old! ❤��


Its my Cheddar's Birthday today hes one years old! ❤��

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:32 PM PDT

Louis and Dauphin enjoying some oranges (don’t worry, it’s very occasional)

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:37 PM PDT

McDonald's is his name��

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 10:54 AM PDT

My new buddy, TumTum

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 02:18 PM PDT

Just moved these two into they’re new aquarium ☺️

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 05:01 AM PDT

My to .99$ feeder goldfish

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:06 PM PDT

Shoka

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:58 PM PDT

Got a good clear shot of his little wings today. Def worse than yesterday. And def looks more like ich than fin rot.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 09:52 AM PDT

my buddy Tony loosing his black coloring after a tank upgrade

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 06:39 PM PDT

New goldfish not moving much, staying near bottom of tank

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 11:58 PM PDT

Bought 4 goldfish (2 shubunkin, 2 common) today with the intention of placing them in a small pond. Long story short, I realized after buying them that the pond water wasn't ideal for them, so I've decided to keep them in makeshift aquariums temporarily while I fix the issues with the pond.

I put them in two separate tubs, separating them by type. I used a water conditioner, reptisafe, that I had from a while back for a lizard. I don't have a traditional thermometer, but the surface temperature of the water (measured with infrared thermometer) is around 72 degrees for each tank.

The fish have been staying near the bottom of the tuba and haven't been swimming a ton like I read they should be. I read a bit about what could cause this, and the only thing I can think of is that they're stressed from all of the moving around. Is this behavior to be expected or is there something about my setup that could be causing this?

pictures

submitted by /u/gimme_all_dat_advice
[link] [comments]

Does anyone know how long it takes for fin lumps to go away?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 02:13 PM PDT

Lost a fish to nitrate poisoning and stress from water change and don’t want to lose another

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:56 PM PDT

I was away for 2 days and my nitrite and nitrate levels spiked. My fish were staying near the surface and gulping air. I did a 50% water change and checked the parameters again and the nitrites/nitrates were still high. My fish still seemed distressed, acting different and gulping air. I did another 50% water change a few hours later, and I think this was too stressful because one of my fish starting swimming erratically, eventually turned on its side, and died :( I tried to remove him and put him in a quarantine but it happened to fast.

I really don't want anything else to happen to my other surviving fish. He's not gulping air at the surface anymore, but he seems to be breathing really hard and not acting active and normal :( The nitrites are still high (3-5 ppm) but the nitrates are ok (20 ppm). I also added some seed bacteria. What can I do? I don't want to kill him with another water change but I don't want to kill him with the nitrites.

He is in a 30 gallon tank with 30 gallon filter.

submitted by /u/oatmilkslut
[link] [comments]

Is this wen growth? Found this on my little lady's head just now (sorry for the bad pictures she dont like to stay still lol)

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:05 PM PDT

Goldfish randomly hovering in the water then going back to swimming normally?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 09:50 PM PDT

Hi all

I'm still fairly new to goldfish keeping and learning new things everyday. I've had my goldfish for 6 months now and they have been going great, but the other day I noticed my ranchu acting kinda funny and I'm not sure if it's normal or not.

She will be swimming about and doing her thing then she will come to a stop and "hover" in one spot for a few moments without moving her fins, she remains upright and doesn't tilt... just hovers in one spot. The best way I can describe it is that she looks like she walked into a room to do something, then forgot what she was doing so she just zoned out to try and remember what it was before leaving the room again lol.

She usually only does it for 10-20 seconds at a time then goes back to eating and exploring with the other 2 fishes as usual. She also doesn't do this if she sees me in the room, she will swim around acting exciting and begging for food when I'm here so I only notice her doing it when I'm sitting on the couch and watching them after a few mins.

It seems like she only does it when she's bored and there's nothing else to do? but don't want to be overlooking a symptom of illness. The other two fish don't do it as far as I've noticed.

Should I be concerned or is this normal behaviour for goldfish? She is eating fine, poop is fine, no visible marks or lesions or inflamed areas that I can see. Have tested the water and ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0 but nitrates are around 5-10 and I've had trouble getting it any lower over the last few days despite regular water changes, less feedings and the tank being heavily planted. Their tank is 300L with 2 baby oranda and 1 ranchu.

Cheers

submitted by /u/mimibeep
[link] [comments]

Hi there!

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:54 PM PDT

Black moor or oranda?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 05:36 PM PDT

Waiting for my quarantine tank to finish cycling and we will be getting a new friend for our American fantail. Our LFS has some nice orandas and black moors. What would get and why?

submitted by /u/jcogeroo
[link] [comments]

When Wen?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 09:03 PM PDT

I have 4 beautiful Ranchu and I'm curious about tips for wen growth. They are all around maybe two inches at most.

submitted by /u/Consistent_Tone
[link] [comments]

Best substrate for goldfish?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:47 PM PDT

What do you think is the best substrate for goldfish? Bare bottom, sand, gravel? And why? We're trying to decide what would be best for our goldfish. We have sand now but it gets so dirty so quickly. Any advice will help!

submitted by /u/Admirable_Garage_927
[link] [comments]

Anyone know what's wrong with his fins there turning black, I did a full water change maybe a week and a half ago but noticed the water was brownish a day later then this started I plan on doing a water change tomorrow no matter what.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 08:13 PM PDT

Goldfish seems sick

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 02:37 PM PDT

My goldfish were overwintering in my pond and they all seem fine except for one of my younger goldies, it was laying on its side and not moving. When I tried to touch it it would swim away but then go on its side. Anyone have any advice on how to treat it?

submitted by /u/Dolphin201
[link] [comments]

clamped fins after treatment, please help!

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 10:24 AM PDT

I have two fancies in a 29 gallon/110 litre tank with 3 nerite snails and a small bristlenose pleco. one is a white fantail and one is a black moor. both goldfish are quite small, not fully grown as I got them in october. I have had no issues for months until today.

today during their 25-30% water change I added in 'quantum algae black beard remover' as we have black beard covering most of the live plants. this had good reviews online. I followed the instructions, used 8ml and mixed it with fresh dechlorinated water before adding it in next to the filter.

the two goldfish are now both sitting in the water with their fins clamped, but if I walk up to them they swim around as normal excited to see me, and between their sitting sessions they will swim around as normal, just a bit slower.

I did a test just now, ammonia 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm and nitrates <20ppm.

of course I am worried that the algae treatment is stressing them out, but I can't do a water change straight away as I used all the treated water in my weekly change today, and the treatment needs ~24 hours to work.

this morning during the water change they were very animated, coming up to my fingers to kiss them as I cleaned the tank and swimming around lots. for the other guys, the pleco is just sitting in his corner as normal, and the snails are asleep on the glass. they all ate some cucumber this morning, after the water change. I haven't fed the goldfish their pellets yet.

I am a very paranoid person so i'm not sure if i'm just overthinking it, but they are definitely clamping often.

if anyone has any advice I would be very grateful, I love my fish so much and i'm very worried :(

submitted by /u/littlesnoopy123
[link] [comments]

Do black spots occur after fin rot?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:46 AM PDT

I just moved my goldfish from an old tank to a new tank with about a 75% water change due to fin rot. My dad was supposed to clean the fish's tank while I was at university but he hadn't and I noticed the minute I got back that the fish had a fairly moderate case of fin rot. I moved them to a new tank and then treated with KanaPlex and preformed a 50% water change about 5 days ago. Yesterday, I noticed some black spots appearing on their face, and today it's spread a little more. Still on the face area but there's more of it. Could this be due to the fin rot that it's recovering from? Or are these ammonia burns that it got in the old, dirty tank that are healing? Are they even healing ammonia burns, or do I need to do another water change and monitor it?

I'm very attached to this ~13 year old fish and I can't really find anything on the web abt this. Any help would be appreciated.

Update:

I got an ammonia test kit, and a wider ranged test kit. The ammonia content came back as 0, the only things showing up as concerning are the alkaline being very low ( which I fixed by adding a little bit of baking soda into the tank) and about 80ppm of nitrates. I don't know how to get rid of the nitrates though since the filtered water we drink has that amount and so does the tap water. And do high nitrite levels cause the black spots?

submitted by /u/Psychological-Truth9
[link] [comments]

Comparative wiggles between goldfish species?

Posted: 28 Mar 2021 09:30 AM PDT

People who have ranchus and other kinds of goldfish, would you say that the ranchus wiggle more, or the same amount, as their dorsal fin having brethren?

submitted by /u/Adorable-Principle82
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.