Aquatic Snails beautiful shell growth on my new snails


beautiful shell growth on my new snails

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:49 PM PDT

Before and after of me and my girlfriends mystery snail tank over the past couple months

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:39 PM PDT

I guess green beans were a hit !

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:25 PM PDT

Eat and poop ����. They love frozen blood worms

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 07:37 PM PDT

update on the kids

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:06 PM PDT

Baby ivory!

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:38 PM PDT

New elephant snail very inactive, starting to get concerned

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 12:30 PM PDT

I have a 120l or 31g tropical aquarium that's been set up for about a year now, it's heavily planted and has a thick sand and dirt substrate

He's been in the tank for around 2-3 weeks not and he's not been up to much at all. He's sucked onto the side of the tank maybe 4 times now but hasn't lifted his shell from the substrate, I offered blanched spinach but he wasn't fazed :/ he's always either in his shell of 3/4ths in his shell and is staying in the same 4cm area for a week or so now, I'm worried he's not ok

His room mates

~10 medium to small nerite snails

~11 harlequin rasboras

~3 guppies

~3 amino shrimp

~1 Wood shrimp

They're all v happy

Fish juice parameters

Ph 7.2

Ammonia is unreadable

Nitrate is unreadable

Nitrite is unreadable

Any advice or help would mean the world, I just want my lil guy to be happy

submitted by /u/froge420
[link] [comments]

Added new plants and found my first crop of tag alongs

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:21 PM PDT

I got this mystery snail about 5 days ago and noticed that it was acting kinda shy and sleeping a lot I guess. I poked it and flipped it over and found this. Is this normal?

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:03 PM PDT

Uh..should I be concerned about this?

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:58 PM PDT

Baby assassin?

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:41 PM PDT

Cross posting this here for some more opinions

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:21 PM PDT

Cross posting this here for some more opinions

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:21 PM PDT

On the snail hunt ��

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 09:46 AM PDT

what is the best place to purchase snails for my aquarium for? sadly my snail babies have recently left me for snail heaven and i'm looking to get some more.

submitted by /u/crazyfeeshlady
[link] [comments]

I need some advice

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:10 PM PDT

So i am new to snails and only have 2 nerites, Spot and Spike

Both are super active and quick moving (in snail speed) but Spot always serms to prefer being 3/4's out of the water

Spike is all in all the time.

Should i be worried about Spot?

submitted by /u/tikkikittie
[link] [comments]

Does anyone have any Planorbarius corneus snails that they would sell?

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 10:35 AM PDT

I have been looking for websites that sell Planorbarius corneus to the US because most of them are sold from the UK. I was wondering if anyone in the US happens to have any that they would sell? Keep in mind that these are not the same snails as the common ramshorn snails (Planorbella duryi) in a lot fish tanks, these are related but they are a lot larger.

submitted by /u/jakob_warkentin
[link] [comments]

I was moving my drift wood around and this genuinely spooked me. Do I have a future Snail army here?

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 02:04 PM PDT

This hitchhiker arrived with my plants. He’s pretty big. What kind of snail is he? He’s the best algae eater ever.

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:36 PM PDT

Helenas suddenly burying after introducing new food

Posted: 25 Mar 2021 11:56 AM PDT

Hi everyone, first post here.

I have 4 Helenas, they seem to be doing great, but a few days ago i thought i'd spice up their diet a bit.
Before, they fed on whatever they could come by in the (shrimp)tank and some protein rich wafers and fish food.
I thought i would give them something they would naturally eat; other snails.
Dead ones, freeze-dried sea snails.

I noticed that at least one of them starts burying itself immediately when i put in one of the dried sea snails. I suppose this is what they do in the wild, they are hunters after all.
But it strikes me as odd. They know where the food bowl is, i drop it in there every time, but they still insist on burying.

Something that crossed my mind: could it be that they can immediately smell the sea snail and think 'too salty for my taste'? They haven't eaten any of it and keep scurrying around and now (for the first couple of times since i got them 6 weeks ago) burying themselves in my substrate.

Can i even put dried sea snails in a freshwater aquarium without disturbing the water quality too much?

Any tips or information is welcome!

submitted by /u/Wintervacht
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.