Jarrariums - goals


goals

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:51 AM PDT

Over 6 months ago I made this tiny native ecosphere , I feel I did well for my first try.

Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:40 PM PDT

I have had this jar going for 6 months or so, there’s lots of little creatures flying around in there so I think everything is fine, but does anybody know that the black circles are on the twiggy thing? They’ve appeared over the last month or so

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:20 AM PDT

First Jarrarium! I caught a shrimp and accidentally caught some type of fry. Can someone ID the shrimp

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:28 AM PDT

Some bladder snails hitched in on some plants I bought, and I'm considering setting up a jarrium for them. I have some questions.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:27 AM PDT

I have a jar that's maybe 0.5 gallon - 1 gallon. Would that be enough for bladder snails? I have 3 right now, but I hear they breed like crazy.

What's the rule on filtration for things like snails? I see a lot of posts on here of people with snails who just have plants. I have some extra egeria densa/ anarchis, which is apparently fast-growing and good at soaking up nitrates. Would a bunch (as in, maybe 10-12 stems) of that be enough filtration for a few snails, or would I need a sponge filter?

If the jarrium doesn't have a filter, do you just not cycle it?

Are snail jarriums high-maintenece? Do they smell weird? Is there anything else I should be aware of or cautious about before getting into this?

submitted by /u/bowl_of_petunias_
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.