Aquatic Snails My mystery snail is my favorite pet, I designed a sticker inspired by him ��


My mystery snail is my favorite pet, I designed a sticker inspired by him ��

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:38 PM PDT

First photo is today. Second photo was 2 weeks ago. She has gotten so big!

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

Orange freckles

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:19 PM PDT

Pond snails are cute

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

Hitchhiker bad? My mystery has been zooming around since the thorny dude got on.

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:05 PM PDT

Caught a bubble!

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:57 PM PDT

He said ima clean the plant today

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:20 PM PDT

New Blue?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:56 PM PDT

i got this cutie at a store and it was listed under mystery snails but has no spiral and only two antennas instead of four. does anyone know if it’s just young or not a mystery snail?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:32 PM PDT

Mystery Snails sex question?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

I have two separate tanks. In one tank I had two mystery snails, and the ivory one consistently mounted and mated with the gold one (lets call her gold #1). Like all the time, so assumedly the ivory snail was male and gold #1 female? No eggs were ever laid in this tank.

My second tank has one solo gold mystery snail - gold #2, she does deposit eggs above the waterline semi-regularly, so I'm certain she's female. Today I moved gold #1 into the tank with gold #2 - assuming 2 females - and now I'm noticing gold #1 mount and mate with gold #2... despite always being the 'receiving party' in the previous tank. So guess at this point I only know that gold #2 is female since she has laid eggs multiple times.

Is it possible both snails in the original tank were males and were trying to mate with each other just to like... have something to do? Or can mystery snails swap sex?

submitted by /u/attra19
[link] [comments]

Do I need to supplement calcium for my Nerites if my tank water is very hard?

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:13 PM PDT

Hey everyone, I am pretty new to aquatic snails. I have a tank with 4 ghost shrimp that have been doing great since the day I got them. I got two nerites from petco that I later noticed had white spots on their shells.

I have been looking for good supplements for the snails online, but I'm concerned that if I put more calcium in the tank it'll do more harm than good. Will my snails eventually get the calcium they need from my tank's water, or should I go ahead and get them some kind of supplement?

Any advice is appreciated!

submitted by /u/3picgam3r69
[link] [comments]

got my first clutch today ��

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:17 PM PDT

I woke up to my snails smushing against each other. Is this normal and are they breeding? They're the size of my pinky nail btw

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:19 PM PDT

Rabbit snail not moved in 3 days

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

Got a rabbit snail on eBay. He has a couple resnably bad scuffs on his shell so might have been a rough transport but the water seemed to have been kept at an ok temp and he seemed fine. Put him into the tank and he moved around for around 6 hours then started hiding in his shell. He would poke out and have a look then come back in but since then I have not seen him poke out at all. I have taken him out for a second once a day to smell to see if he is dead but I am hoping he is just having a really long rest. Do you think my snail is going to die?

submitted by /u/GherboGherbo
[link] [comments]

My LFS sold me this guy as a nerite snail, but he looks like a mystery snail. What is he? (Sorry for bad picture)

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

Did my betta ate the snail eggs? It appeared one week ago. There's only membrane left when I checked today...

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:03 PM PDT

Assassins on the hunt!

Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:24 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.