Aquatic Snails I gave my friend a teeny baby mystery snail a few months back and now he's an absolute monster. Quarter for reference


I gave my friend a teeny baby mystery snail a few months back and now he's an absolute monster. Quarter for reference

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:59 PM PDT

PSA: You can easily judge your mystery snail's health by looking at their operculum. A completely covered operculum means a healthy happy snail!

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:07 PM PDT

Is my snail's shell looking okay?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:25 AM PDT

The snail on the right came with my malaysian trumpet snails, what species is it?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:59 AM PDT

This guy over here... is a jerk.

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:55 PM PDT

First clutch!! Proud parents Echo and Butterball in the second photo.

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:09 AM PDT

Finally found shadow after 4 days! I had the tank lights off and went over and turned them on to start looking for him and he was outside eating but as soon as the lights turned on he went back into the castle, little cave monster I guess! (Couldn’t get a good photo)

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:31 PM PDT

remember the zebra nerite i posted yesterday? well..

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:57 PM PDT

Mystery snail / Rabbit snail issues. Description in comments.

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

Can I??!?!?!!?!?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

Can I put a nerite snail in hard acidic water? with shrimp?

Parameters - PH: 6.5-7.5, GH- 7-8, KH- 5-6 and Temp- 24°C

submitted by /u/XxAlexXX9559
[link] [comments]

ISO Wild Mystery snail

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:16 PM PDT

My friend and I are starting a breeding project of Mystery Snails because we are trying to finish mapping out the genome. We found a chart that is well started and we need the wild color to help finish it off. We are looking for 1-2 wild types (preferably not related) -are any of you selling Wild types -is EBay a reliable place to buy snails

submitted by /u/bijouiris
[link] [comments]

Do nerites burrow?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

I cant find one of my nerites. I've had 4 for about a month, they've always been visible in my tank. I can only find 3 today. It's only 9 gallons, and I just have a java fern and a couple lava rocks soem small plants that are easy to see through and around. No caves, no where to hide that i haven't been able to spot them. Lid on but there is an open space in the back of the lid for cables to exit. Its possible he could have escaped that way, i found him the other day in the filter compartment because the lid doesn't seal off that area, but I looked all around the outside of the stand. Not sure how far a nerite could make it out of water. Do they dig? I have fluval stratum as my substrate and my mystery snail loves to dig in it. Im hoping he didn't escape and get eaten by my dog.

submitted by /u/shanbie_
[link] [comments]

Is my Nerite snail’s droppings ok? I thought the poop was usually dark colored, is this normal?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:11 PM PDT

Snail Jello "Snello" Recipe

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:20 AM PDT

For anyone who'd like to try something new to supplement their snails' diets with calcium & other good stuff. SNELLO:
Ingredients:
1 Four ounce jar of green beans baby food.
1 1/2 packets Knox gelatin plain (generic is fine).
10 Tums (berry flavored).
Fish Flakes.
Shrimp Pellets.
Preparation:
Crush the Tums, Fish Flakes & Shrimp Pellets into a fine powder using either a mortar & pestle or pill crusher.
Heat the baby food on the stove until bubbling.
Slowly stir in the gelatin. Stir until mixed well.
Stir in the Tums Powder Mixture. Stir well.
Put mixture into an ice cube tray or large flat-bottomed container.
Place in freezer & freeze for a few hours.
Cut into smaller pieces while frozen. Store in freezer in ziploc bag or tupperware. I have 5 snails & 4 of them LOVE this Snello, only 1 turns his nose up at it. One word of advice, use a dish to put it in the tank 'cos it gets slimy quickly & difficult to remove by hand. Also, it will cloud the water - so, remove any uneaten Snello after about 15-20 minutes. If the tank is smaller than 10 gallons, remove uneaten Snello after 5-7 minutes, refreeze, put back in for another 5-7 minutes. I do have to physically place my snails in the dishes - that way they get to the food in the 15 minute time frame. But, they always open right up & start eating away. Hope your snails love this, too.

submitted by /u/Vivjustviv
[link] [comments]

Unwanted baby mystery snails HELP!

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:46 PM PDT

Hello I'm an amateur aquarium keeper. I have a pair of mystery snails and when I was on a trip attending to a family emergency they laid a couple clutches that hatched. My aquarium is absolutely overrun with snails. I don't want to kill them because I think they could do well somewhere else and I absolutely adore snails. I'm just not sure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should get rid of these snails ? Would a pet store take them?

submitted by /u/passionsnappings
[link] [comments]

No Alibaba! Don't jump! What about the algae?!

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:32 PM PDT

hello me again what is hanging off of my poor friends butt? it’s kind of just floating on him

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:23 PM PDT

Hello, what kind of snail is this little guy? I haven’t added anything new to the tank in months. I have some small trumpets in here that were hitchhikers, but I recently found 3 of these larger snails. I have 3 massive mystery snails in the tank, is this a baby??

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:28 PM PDT

Newbie here. How do I tell pond snails and bladder snails apart?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

They look very similar to me and it appears I got 2 hitchhikers from a plant I purchased recently. They are still tiny and look different than the snails I already have (don't know their english name, they are Tarebia Granifera - do they look like bladder snails if freshly born?)

submitted by /u/PlantRetard
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.