Aquatic Snails got this beautiful nerite today!


got this beautiful nerite today!

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

Day #2 of the mystery snail eggs :)

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

The Tranquil Beauty of the Mystery Snail & Other Invertebrates

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:11 PM PDT

my beautiful blue gal

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:03 PM PDT

Just found this page and thought y’all might like this 24 second video of my new mystery snail snacking. I know her shell is a bit thin but I got her two days ago so I’m going to be improving that. She’s the most active member of my tank (one nerite and a small pleco). Her name is Shellby

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:03 PM PDT

I recently purchased these Ramshorn snails but on arrival their shells look like they’re full of tiny holes and have eroded. Does anyone know what is wrong here?

Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:33 AM PDT

Ever time lapse your nerite snail on the go?

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:10 PM PDT

My mystery snail egg hatched

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:51 AM PDT

I didn't know that my snail had laid a clutch, or that it had even been bread. I've had it for about 3 months now and got it from Petco. I have no idea how that happened. I Don't have the ability to care for another snail with their bioload being so big, but I don't want it to die. I want to give it to a friend but I'm not sure how to take care of it while it's young. Any help?

Update: Looked around and only saw one baby

Pictures

submitted by /u/scullscan
[link] [comments]

Saying Goodbye to Ivory.

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:38 AM PDT

Anyone have a source for Marisa snails?? I want a “start” of 10 or so...

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

Thought I'd share. The Mystery Snail clutch was 9 days old and looked moldy, as usual. The little guys started popping out and slithering down off the clutch, onto the moist paper towel. As they came out, I moved them into the jar of tank water I hatched them in, after having put fresh tank water in

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:22 PM PDT

I got a clutch of mystery snail eggs last night! This is my first clutch, should I leave it or move out to a box? Thanks in advance!

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:17 PM PDT

My new horned pagoda snails!

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:29 PM PDT

Pest snail eggs not hatching/unviable?

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

Hello snail sub!

A few months ago I had a pest/bladder snail hitchhike into my tank, and since then the lil guy's been laying eggs all over (as would be expected) but so far it appears none have ever hatched. I'm maybe in the minority but I actually want more!

My understanding is that bladder snails can and will reproduce asexually, so does anyone have any idea why these eggs aren't hatching?

Atm my assumption is that my betta is eating them, but I'm curious if there might be some other reason.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/bogusbord
[link] [comments]

Food and Calcium for Snails

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:50 PM PDT

I've been feeding my ramshorn snails with blanched cucumber twice a week and I was wondering if that alone is enough...which turned out cucumber has very little calcium! I did a few more researches and it seems like spinach will be a better substitute (kale is expensive here) so I plan to switch to that.

I've also read that adding a cuttlefish bone or eggshell will be beneficial but I'll most likely use the former since it's easier and doubled as a slow ph booster toward 7 (not that my water is acidic but it's nice to have it), plus I get to think about how to make it into another decoration in my tank!

Will these two be enough to supplement the calcium for my ramshorn snails? They're the tiny variants so I'm not sure if that changes anything.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Exoletus
[link] [comments]

help? snail just floating (question in comments)

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:36 PM PDT

Ramhorn snail monchin’

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:28 PM PDT

What plants will rabbit snails eat?

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:53 PM PDT

Looking to possibly add rabbit snails to a tank that has Java moss and water wisteria along with ramshorns. Not sure if this setup would work (has plants) but let me know what you think. Thanks!

submitted by /u/JP_Aquatics
[link] [comments]

Oh my god.

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:57 PM PDT

I just found like 6 worm looking things eating away at my snail eggs. I washed all of them off and i am so disgusted. What do i do now? are the eggs still able to hatch?

submitted by /u/nutgoblinrwt
[link] [comments]

Advice needed please! Mystery snail operculum fell off

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:21 PM PDT

My female mystery snail lost her operculum. I looked it up and apparently it's a sign that the snail is dead but she's moving around and eating.

Does it grow back? Is there anything I should do? Could it be dying?

2.5 gallon tank, nothing else in with it as she wasn't doing well in my bigger one.

All parameters are good, I added calcium supplement to the water.

submitted by /u/beeehjayoh
[link] [comments]

Potential shrimp home?

Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:19 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.