Aquatic Snails Gary salute


Gary salute

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:30 PM PDT

Saltwater Nerite Activating Turbo Mode

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:10 AM PDT

My Beautiful Mystery Snail, Mercury

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:33 PM PDT

My mysteries, Hansel (blue) and Gretel (gold)

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:00 PM PDT

[GA] SPOKANE, WA - Free Golden Mystery Snails, just pay shipping (around $10) or local pickup

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:22 PM PDT

Is my new mystery snail just shy/still adjusting?

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:41 PM PDT

Usually when I get snails from the pet store - the only technical fish store within driving distance - I have no problems with getting a snail that is active and zooming around. The last one I got was more on the timid side. Anyways this time when I went all of the snails (besides two) were inside of their shells, none of them were sucked all the way inside and the two that were out only hung out by the top, which showed me something with the water quality was off.

Anyways the sales associate suggested I get one of the ones that were already out but I just chose one that was still inside of their shell, again none of them were hanging out/sucked all the way up, there weren't any major shell deformities, I could see their operculums, this one looked like it wanted to come out but kept going back in. The sales associate acted kind of rude and it was a little off putting but oh well. I was pretty sure it was just a water quality issue because the majority of the snails were inside of their shells and the two that were out stayed by the water line.

Once I got home I immediately just dumped the water, snail still in bag, took the snail out and it started coming out (I actually heard the operculum unsealing), I did the smell test, didnt smell bad, gently pulled at its foot but the fucker is strong/defiant so I'm taking that as a good sign. Anyways every now and then I can see a tentacle or siphon moving around in its shell if one of my other snails climbs onto its shell as if its trying to examine what's going on. Earlier it started coming out but then fell so it went right back into its shell lol. I'm just going to bribe it with some lettuce tomorrow and see how that goes.

submitted by /u/antaresuwu
[link] [comments]

Help identifying sex of my mystery snail

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:53 PM PDT

Took Mr. Magenta about 3 minutes to attempt to love on Plum! Mrs. Magenta is just glad for a rest.

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

Help!!! He has been sitting like this for at least an hour!!! What do i do?? Water quality is fine.

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:49 PM PDT

some more mystery snail hatching madness! they’re starting to get their shell colors and grow super fast! does anyone know the probability of getting magenta babies? thank u!

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:31 PM PDT

what kind of snail is this? it must’ve hitch hiked on some new plants

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:53 AM PDT

My mystery snail recently died out of no where(rip). I’ve been cycling the water pretty heavily since then but noticed today this colored bacteria growing beneath the rocks. Does anyone know what this means? Should I boil my rocks and restart my tank? I still have a beta living in it

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:22 AM PDT

Is my nerite okay? Part of his shell looks odd near and he doesn’t fully emerge, more details in comments

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:31 PM PDT

Snail???

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:47 PM PDT

I got a baby pleco recently and he's so tiny and probably hiding, so I was looking around and out of nowhere I see the little guy in the video in the comments! Where did he come from??? I know that my pleco bag was clean and I had him in a separate tank before I moved him in. I have 2 nerite snails who were missing" for several days and have just shown up. Did they have babies??? I'm so confused. I am assuming he's a standard snail, nothing too unique, but have no idea! I moved him from my tank to a little cup with the aquarium water in it until I get some more info. Any ideas? I'm a new fish keeper so this is all new to me.

snail

snail pic

Cross posted under r/aquariums

submitted by /u/Legitimate-Engine581
[link] [comments]

are my snails ok? how can i help? please reply

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:47 AM PDT

How often should I feed a nerite? There is no visible algae in the tank left so I feel like it needs a supplement

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:24 AM PDT

Couple Assassins taking down a MTS. I think they ran out of bladder snails so they ganged up on this guy :(

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:11 AM PDT

Mystery snail eggs?

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

Question (and delete if not allowed!) I have a 5 gallon tank with plants and some mystery snails and this morning woke up to a big egg sack (if that's what it's called?) above the water line. I know that I can't have any more snails safely in my tank without overcrowding, and I don't want to hurt the eggs, but I don't know what to do if my local pet store doesn't want the eggs back. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is my first time having this many eggs, so far I've only had a few in like tiny little gel pouches under water at a time. Thank you!

submitted by /u/___vcat
[link] [comments]

Is my mystery a big boi?

Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:27 AM PDT

I can't get a good picture of him but his shell is larger than a quarter (coin)

submitted by /u/Lord-of-Rats
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.