Reef Tank - Aquariums - My dads awesome tank, he has been at this hobby for 35 years and still kickin it strong!


My dads awesome tank, he has been at this hobby for 35 years and still kickin it strong!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

Pistol Shrimp Are Strong!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:48 AM PDT

Thank you so much to everyone for your responses to my last post! I've since made a lot of additions and have a small line of awesome pico and nano products ready to order!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:19 PM PDT

My new snowflake clownfish.

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:24 PM PDT

Update on my nano got some new coral set up

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:55 PM PDT

New coral

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:44 PM PDT

Trisha (the fisha) [Pink Streaked Wrasse]

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:17 PM PDT

They've breached the skimmer line chaps! Wondered why it overflowed...

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:31 PM PDT

My first clownfish in my first reef tank.

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:53 AM PDT

Reef lobster snacking in his cave

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:20 PM PDT

Can someone I.D that please?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:53 PM PDT

What to expect with a 35 gal tank?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:17 PM PDT

Hello everyone. I'm still very new to the hobby, but I have a somewhat established 12 gal tank right now just with some LPS and inverts. I'm very seriously considering getting a Waterbox Marine AIO 35 gallon. What would maintenance on this be like? With my small tank, water changes and everything are a breeze. Not sure what keeping up with a bigger tank will be like. Thanks

submitted by /u/pseudoskill
[link] [comments]

What mount for Red Sea 50 LED???

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

Can I use the Red Sea 90 mount? I have a IM 25 and I believe the dimensions work better with the 90 mount instead of the 50 universal mount. Anyone have any experience with this?

submitted by /u/MrSlug777
[link] [comments]

Clownfish losing colour and not eating

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:04 AM PDT

i got a clownfish yesterday for my fluval 13.5 that i have been cycling with live rock and sand for a month and a half. i also got a live rock and it's doing great. an anemone and feather duster on it are flourishing. however, my clownfish isn't doing too well. earlier today it was doing fine, but now it's colors are really dull. near its head, the black is fading to a grey and on its underside, the orange is also yellowing. it also hasn't been eating. sometime it will chew the food but then it spits it right back out. are both of those things just because of the stress of moving, or is there a serious issue with it? all the parameters are fine btw.

submitted by /u/adam_schnell06
[link] [comments]

My flower anemone is becoming an absolute unit. Evo 13.5

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:22 PM PDT

Anyone have an ID on this hitchhiker?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:39 PM PDT

Anyone know what that purple stuff is that is growing next to my coral?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:46 PM PDT

After 5 months of having Xenia they finally lived up to their name and are now Pulsing Xenia. Currently feeding on some rottefiers

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:38 AM PDT

Out of the Hobby for 2+ years, got back in a couple months back. 45G Cube

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:20 AM PDT

My anemone crab discovering his new white carpet anemone after 2 days.

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:01 PM PDT

Running 2 RO systems, loud vibrations, help merge them into one system for both aquarium and fridge?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:32 PM PDT

xpost from r/askdiy

I have a water hookup T'd off to two RO systems. I'm looking for help troubleshooting a loud, intermittent vibration problem and advice on how to merge the two systems together, if possible. I suspect they're fighting against each other since they're connected to the same household connection.

  • amazon-sourced RO with a pressure tank and is hooked up to the fridge upstairs

    • auto shutoff switch original to the unit has already been replaced once.
    • Added TDS meters to monitor membrane health.
  • old aqua-fx RODI that goes to a float valve installed in a Rubbermaid brute.

    • The RODI system for the aquarium was incomplete at one point (left hooked up at mother's when I moved out and she lost parts to it before I got it back)
    • auto shutoff switch was replaced once already
    • Added TDS meters to monitor membrane health

We intermittently get very loud vibrations which can almost be heard outside, for 2-3 seconds. The input line going into the two RO units is what's visibly vibrating the the vibration sound is difficult to discern where it's coming from (sounds like both units vibrate). I'm looking for advice on how to eliminate the vibrations and also merge the two systems into one improved system. If it's possible to run two parallel pre-filters and two parallel carbon filters into a membrane I can have higher pressure into the membrane and I've read it improves the longevity of the ro membrane. How would I provide a high pressure output of just RO water upstairs to the fridge and RODI output to the aquarium reservoir?

I've included a detailed diagram of how it's all connected because I may have connected something incorrectly. The auto-shut-off valves are from Amazon (probably low quality), the check valves are from Amazon (probably low quality) and the flow restrictors are from Amazon (probably low quality and improperly sized).

Our ice maker on the one year old fridge died, probably from the vibrations. The output from the cold water out of the fridge upstairs is within range according to the manufacturer (measured time to output 250mL, was 10x as fast as minimum speed Samsung said was needed).

Here's a copy of the diagram: https://app.lucidchart.com/publicSegments/view/7e728d34-f5bf-44f5-ada3-1cf54b26df63/image.png

submitted by /u/kwirky88
[link] [comments]

Have to restart.

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:31 PM PDT

Auto Dosing Dump

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:15 PM PDT

I am thinking about buying some hard corals. I have heard that they deplete alkalinity and calcium and that dosing the tank is needed, so I am thinking of buying an automatic dosing pump. I need some advice on a few things. First, I need help choosing a pump. I am currently thinking of getting a Jebao DP 4, but need suggestions. Second, I need help on where to put the tubing. I have a Red Sea Max Nano. I am thinking I should put the tubing in the back of the tank in the return pump chamber. Third, I would want to know how much kalkwasser to dose per day. I am thinking of getting an acan and/or a blastomussa but I don't know how much calcium and alkalinity they deplete per day.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/djent0000
[link] [comments]

Is this bubble on my hammer normal? I've never seen anything like it before

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:15 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.