Reef Tank - Aquariums - I been away at Fort Benning for 26 weeks and miss my tank


I been away at Fort Benning for 26 weeks and miss my tank

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:39 PM PDT

Last look at my wild-style 10g. Fragging my favorites, selling everything else, and starting from almost scratch!

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

Case of the Mondays...

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:03 AM PDT

Reef insurance: How a Living Coral Biobank could save the Great Barrier Reef

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

My BTA got jelly of my hammer hosting my clowns and decided to defend its turf.

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:59 PM PDT

Goniopora and torch popping under blues

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:45 PM PDT

Clown found the anemone after 4 months

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:42 AM PDT

Golden nugget laid eggs, I couldn’t find rotifer to feed the baby clowns. Is there any alternative?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

My duncan colony

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:00 AM PDT

Help! Clownfish dying

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

Hello i just got home to find one of my clownfish is laying on the sand with most his colour drained, other clownfish is fine but keeps trying to push the dying clownfish upright (no aggression) and the dying clown is trying to get off the sand and swim but is not being successful just did a water change yesterday using salt and rodi water temp is fine salinity is i little higher than i keep it 1.027 everything else in tank seems fine all corals are fully extended What should i do

submitted by /u/Gizmo3112
[link] [comments]

Seahorse tanks - Sand bed or bare bottom?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:03 PM PDT

I've read it can go either way but that bare bottom seems to be better for maintenance. I feel like I'm going to hate a bare bottom and don't want to get the horses in the tank and then want to add sand. BUT if it is THAT much better for them to avoid the sand bed, I'll probably do it. Anyone with experience?

View Poll

submitted by /u/19frank90
[link] [comments]

A snail bumped into my GSP. He seems a little miffed about it

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:54 AM PDT

Do you have a 'cooling' method for your tank?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:32 PM PDT

I need help on a RO/DI unit

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:24 PM PDT

So I'm stuck in between the AquaFX Barracuda RO/DI Aquarium Filter ($175) and the Aquatic Life Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Unit, 4 Stage Twist-In 75 GPD ($90). I know AquaFX is a tried and tested brand but both have great reviews and the Aquatic life unit was recommended by a YouTuber I follow. I'll be running a 75gal DT with around 110 gal with sump and refugium. I would like to save money where i can so i can focus on nicer lighting and whatnot.

Links:

Aquatic Life https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083P4HZPD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gVikFbRD54AJG

AquaFX https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043FYJ8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A5ikFbK3MMT1X

submitted by /u/npaga05
[link] [comments]

Just a pic of my tank :)

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:12 AM PDT

Do nitrites effect coral?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:28 PM PDT

Over the last few days I have had a spike in nitrites (0.5 ppm to 1ppm). Will this effect my coral or is this negligible?

submitted by /u/AChunkyMeercat
[link] [comments]

What is this red stuff?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:34 AM PDT

Blue Hippo Tang Constantly Rubbing Against Rock?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

Hey all, just yesterday we added a blue hippo to our reef tank and today we've noticed it has been constantly running the side of itself along the rock! I've read a lot of people say it's a sign of ich (no white spots visible at all and no other fish have or have ever had it), or it could just be normal and it's just stressed/acclimating still.

Regardless, every time she does it I cringe thinking there is no way that can feel good/be good for it! She's eating fine for now, but I'll be keeping an extra close eye on her for the next few days. Seeing as this is our first blue hippo/tang anyone able to shed some light or another opinion on why ours is doing this?

The first day (yesterday) she spent up at the top of the tank hiding behind the UV sterilizer and didn't really come out until today.

submitted by /u/KawiNinja
[link] [comments]

FOWLR tank setup

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:44 PM PDT

Hi I'm new to saltwater aquariums and I was wondering what I'd need for a FOWLR tank setup?

submitted by /u/Rylanyerrrr
[link] [comments]

What type of lights are these?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:35 PM PDT

Got my ducan coral last week and it hs been close since then. Anyone have an idea?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:25 PM PDT

Is this Cyanobacteria?

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:51 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.