Micro Aquatics Took a Nano aquarium down to a Scottish loch and created an aquascape from what I could find! I call it wild Aquascaping!


Took a Nano aquarium down to a Scottish loch and created an aquascape from what I could find! I call it wild Aquascaping!

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:35 AM PDT

So I moved my sea monkeys again, into a bigger container. I have added some more eggs. But there are at least 8 happy shrimp swimming around. Got some more improvements and projects starting soon. Got some fairy shrimp for a new project.

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

Fish suggestions

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:50 PM PDT

I am doing a 20 gallon planted aquarium with a Honey gourami as the centerpiece fish and 9 Pygmy Corydoras as the bottom feeder. I am looking for a SMALL (approx. 1" inch ) schooling fish (tetra or Rasbora) any ideas?

submitted by /u/Cory-gang
[link] [comments]

Downward view of my 2.3 gallon long nano tank. Just put some green jades in last week! :)

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:02 PM PDT

Dirted tank soil choice

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:03 PM PDT

Im planning a dirted nano tank( thabks to some help from this sub) and i seen a lot of people use miracle gro organic potting soil. I have miracle grow all purpose gardening soil laying around and was wondering if anyone know if thatll work if its sifted and rinsed a few times. Itll be a few months till fish go in and it will just be plants and maybe some snails at the start.

submitted by /u/Red-Rot
[link] [comments]

"I SPY" FTS idea

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

Newbie considering nano shrimp tank

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:28 PM PDT

Im completely new to keeping any aquatic creatures and really like the look of no/low tech nano tanks that have shimp snails and maybe a few small fish in them.

I dont have a large budget at all or really any knowledge on how to set up and maintain a tank like this so im hoping for help with one that would be cheap and easy to keep healthy.

I like the idea of a low tech tank but im not sure if they are perhaps harder to take care of but i figured they're likely cheaper. I already have a shitty little tank and im not sure if I could do it in that or if id need to buy a new tank. Im not sure how many gallons it is as it's pretty old but the top is only a bit bigger then my hand, heres a picture: XXXX i can figure out the gallons and get better pictures if requested and needed.

What kind of substrate and plants would i be looking at getting and what would be some easy shrimp, fish and snails to help give the tank life and keep it clean and alive. Also what is the process of setting up and caring for a tank like this? If i misjudged the difficultly of a tank like this what are some suggestions for easier/ cheaper small tanks? Im willing not to go with a shrimp tank if they're hard to take care of.

submitted by /u/Red-Rot
[link] [comments]

Can I add some emerald dwarf rasboras and some cherry shrimp to my tank

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:29 AM PDT

So I have a 20 gallon Heavily planted tank with 11 micro rasboras and some 2 guppies could I add Emerald dwarf rasboras or Some blue eye rainbows I tried CPDs but sadly they all went missing we treated the tank for fungus but all disapeared I think the delivery man gave them a VERY bumpy ride so could I add one of those two plus some cherry shrimp or Amano shrimp.

submitted by /u/Chicken-nuggets-fish
[link] [comments]

Need help in considering bioload for nano-sized fish

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:33 AM PDT

Hey all, I'm mulling ideas for a 10 gallon tank, stocked with nano fish. I know the bioloads for nanos are light, but does the '1 gallon per inch of fish' rule still apply in the nano scale? What rule(s) *do* apply? The only really generally accepted rule I've found is '3 shrimp per gallon...' but that's for shrimp.

I've pretty much locked myself into the idea of :

1-2 sparkling/pygmy gourami

6-10 dwarf rasbora

remainder of available bioload/space to be occupied by shrimp

The numbers themselves are flexible, but I'm pretty set on the idea of all three coexisting in a tank. The tank itself will be a 10 gallon cube tank, to be stocked with enough driftwood, stone, java fern, java moss and hornwort to provide plenty of nooks, crannies and natural barriers for hiding/territory.

I also know 10 gallons is a bit of a weird place to be in; its too large to be considered a 'nano tank', but less versatile than 20 gallons... however, 10 gallons is the absolute max space I can work with.

Can anyone share some insight on how to approach stocking in the nano scale? Any and all help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/captainwacky91
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.