Goldfish - Aquariums - Made some holographic ranchu stickers!


Made some holographic ranchu stickers!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:10 AM PDT

Pyke started to beat the air filter on the highest setting :0 !

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:47 AM PDT

Urgent help needed for goldfish in Sacramento, CA area.

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:06 PM PDT

I posted this in a few other subs as well.

I know this is a long shot, but I stumbled onto this ad for some goldfish in Sacramento.

The weather in Sac is forecast to hit up to 108F this week, and the fish are outside in a tank to overheat and die.

I'll be passing through the area on Tuesday and could take them all, but when I contacted the guy he said he can't move them in because he doesn't have room, and "if they won't survive they go to the trash lol" (his email response when I asked him to move them inside from the heat).

Is there anyone on this sub who might be available to pick up these poor fish and house them until Tuesday? I can compensate you for gas or anything else, and will pick them all up Tuesday afternoon/evening. Even just sitting in a bucket inside with a few water changes through the weekend would probably be enough for them to survive.

I have near future pond plans and will be picking up a stock tank for these ones to go with my other rescue if they're still around next week. Any help is appreciated!

Edit. Please let me know if you're interested/available and I'll send you the Craigslist ad!

submitted by /u/finbettafish
[link] [comments]

My new baby, Dumpling, cant get enough of the bubbler!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:44 AM PDT

Pyke loves getting aggro with the worm dispenser ╮( ̄▽ ̄"")╭

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:13 AM PDT

Just ordered this pretty girl today! Help my husband & I decide between Tofu & Sesame for her name!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:44 AM PDT

Meet the gang!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:55 PM PDT

Can anyone tell me what type of goldfish these are?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:42 PM PDT

Ich? Fungal infection? A little stumped. Parameters all are great (ph 7.3, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate between 5-10)

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:37 PM PDT

I had two fancy goldfish, but they died a year ago. Loved to make slow motion videos of them. I miss them.

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:40 AM PDT

Thunderstorm HELP!

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

Hi this is a weird question but what can I do for my goldfish there really stressed out this is probably the first thunderstorm they've experienced and its really bad and really loud I'm worried about them there gulping at the surface and going crazy swimming around there tank (there usually really calm at this time) it doesn't help that my poor little dogs freaking out as well 🥺 TIA

Edit:Sorry I probably put it wrong there not really gulping air it's this weird (but cute )think they do when they get really excited it usually only when feed them

submitted by /u/_1029384756ddd
[link] [comments]

Can we save this last fish? :/. Nitrate levels?

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:41 PM PDT

Hey all,

So, a friend moved out of the country and asked us to care for his goldfish. Unfortunately, it's been a bit of a shit show. Truth be told, we didn't really know anything about goldfish, but no one could take them :/

So when we started, there were 3 goldfish. The first one died after about a week, from some kind of infection that gave him trouble breathing, and eventually gave him an ulcer :(. We ran to the pet store as soon as we realized there was a problem, and they recommended "Melafix", but it was too late. Nonetheless, we completed the treatment of "Melafix" to hopefully evade another fish getting sick.

Unfortunately, a week later, another fish seemed to succumb to the same disease, with a red mouth and trouble breathing. We ran to the pet store again, where they recommended "Anti internal bacteria" treatment, which we used, though unfortunately that fish died. We're still planning to finish this treatment to hopefully save our final fish.

We now have 1 fish left, and are determined to try to give him a good life. Unfortunately, I'm already starting to see some similar symptoms.

My attempt at diagnosis:

- One problem is that the tank is too small: the friend gave us a 3.5 gallon tank for three goldfish :/

- We bought a water quality measuring kit, and noticed that the nitrate levels are high at about 100. Unfortunately, the nitrate levels are also high in our tap water, so we're not sure how to fix this. We've been doing weekly 25% water changes, but it seems like our tap water already has nitrate so it's not helping

Tl; Dr

How can we fix the nitrate levels in the tank if our tap water has high nitrate levels? Does the description above give any other suggestions for what the problem might be?

submitted by /u/dumbBeerApp
[link] [comments]

Ryukin Nipping My Fantil

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:06 PM PDT

Hi All,

I have a beautiful fantail fish with a long, flowing tail. It could very well be a veil tail. Anyways, I recently brought home a "baby" Ryukin. He's about 1 inch long where my fantail is 6 inches.

I just noticed that the Ryukin is now following my fantail and nipping at her tail. Sadly, I also see that it has caused the tail to "bleed". It has gotten a few red streaks on its tail.

There's only two fish total in my 50g tank, which is large enough for them. They get enough to eat. I am thinking the Ryukin is just aggressive?

Any ideas on how to stop its aggressive behavior so it doesn't nip at my fantail anymore? Also, what can I do to heal the bites on my fantail? I have a bottle of melafix, but I'm not sure it'll help.

I thought about getting one of those breeder boxes to isolate the Ryukin for some time.

Last resort, I'll have to give up the Ryukin. Thanks for your help and advice!

submitted by /u/CamaroGuySS
[link] [comments]

Can I feed only vegetables and high quality gel food? Or should I mix in my sinking hikari pellets

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:40 AM PDT

My three Orandas eat boiled peas everyday as well as a couple of pellets, and every couple days some gel food because one of them has a chronic swim bladder problem I don't know if I should feed pellets at all or only small amounts? What do????

submitted by /u/mindlesshobbies
[link] [comments]

Making my own gel food ideas & thoughts.

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:29 AM PDT

I've had the idea to grind some algae wafers & flakes with the veg & some other things to make gel food. I'm quite amazed other recipes online haven't thought of this. I know they love gel food because they go nuts for it especially when I add some garlic powder.

I've bought a 160 mini ice cube tray for the soul purpose for making gel food. I know 160 tiny cubes would be to much because wouldn't the nutrients start to go by then? I've looked it up and 160 days is like 5 months. I plan on only making a month's supply. Also will drying spinach /kale leaves loose it's vitamins?

submitted by /u/Yuna_Marie
[link] [comments]

Temperate

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:30 AM PDT

Goldfish tank is at 30 degrees Celsius! Heatwave in the U.K., there's a door right by the tanks that has been open but there's just no breeze! I really don't know what to do.

submitted by /u/marie241096
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.