Goldfish - Aquariums - I’m surprised I don’t have self esteem issues from the faces they pull at me


I’m surprised I don’t have self esteem issues from the faces they pull at me

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:45 PM PDT

New Ranchu Babies I got (in quarantine tub)

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:19 AM PDT

Update on Eggbert in all his round glory. Settled in and at home��❤

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:32 PM PDT

cutie patootie ,, meet shinobu! (aka bubu)

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

Guess which fish is the outgoing one

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

My girl Apollo started to follow my hand ��

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:11 AM PDT

The Thinker. Shrinking Goldfish

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:45 PM PDT

A few months ago, a nasty parasite (?) ripped through my tanks and killed all but one of my goldfish. I almost gave up on this side of the hobby, but I decided to give it one more go. Today, I brought home the newest addition to my crew! Reddit, meet [insert great ranchu name here]!

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:40 PM PDT

Rookie needs advice

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:55 PM PDT

My new fantails in the outdoor tank :)

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:12 PM PDT

Advice for a goldfish neophyte

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:45 PM PDT

Hello friends

I have never owned a fish seriously before, but lately I've been very interested in the possibility of purchasing a more exotic goldfish, specifically oranda. They're super cute and the perfect pet for someone who can't afford a dog. However, I want to make sure that I take good care of my friend, so I had a few questions:

  1. How big of a tank should I be looking at?
  2. Should I purchase more than one, to make sure they have friends?
  3. What sort of things would the tank require/how much of an investment am I looking at for tank, fish, filter, etc?

If there are other things I should know before purchasing feel free to let me know.

submitted by /u/hoontingofhoonters
[link] [comments]

Say hello to our new family member: a snow white oranda baby! His name is Jin :)

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:56 PM PDT

Pregnant Goldfish?

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:47 PM PDT

I wrote something like this on MAC. However I didn't get a lot of responses, so I'm trying here. I saw that my goldfish was bloated but wasn't showing symptoms of dropsy. Later on she got even more bigger and I saw her swimming diagonally, none of my males show interest in her. I set up spawning mops but she didnt want to lay her eggs. How can I let her release her eggs without hurting her?

submitted by /u/Nousertochoose
[link] [comments]

What’s up with the swollen black fishy here? (Public pond.)

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:49 AM PDT

Tetra Safe Start with fish IN tank

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:34 AM PDT

Hi !

Thank you everyone who gave me advice yesterday. I have another question about in-fish cycling. As I mentioned in my post yesterday I became the owner of a fancy goldfish (not by choice exactly). I bought some filter floss as suggested to stick in the back of my Betta Filter to seed some bacteria for the 50 gallon tank the fancy is in. Although since the Betta tank is 10 gallons (I think) I know this won't be enough bacteria for the 50 gallon. I heard Seachem Stability isn't the best to use when trying to cycle a new tank so what about safe start by Tetra?

I'm thinking about picking up a few bottles and dumping it into the tank to speed up the process. BUT I just read you can't PRIME conditioner with Safe Start, as it will kill the good bacteria. I'm currently dosing the tank with PRIME daily to lock up Ammonia as my API test kit is showing light purple for Nitrites and very light green for Ammonia. Should I stop dosing the tank daily with Prime and just use Safe Start to speed up the cycling process OR continue dosing with prime daily and forget the safe start?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/anon121404
[link] [comments]

My oranda is attacking the other fish!

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:08 PM PDT

Orandas are supposed to be mellow and magestic creatures, but currently, I have second thoughts about that. I just added a bubble eye to the tank, and all the sudden, Otis my oranda is attacking him and all the other goldies. What has gotten into him? Is it because of stress? Is it a disease that came with the fish? It's gotten so bad he popped one of his bubbles :(

submitted by /u/JackieeFriday
[link] [comments]

I think this is ich. New goldfish I got a week or two ago. HELP!

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:17 AM PDT

Fungus or Something Else?

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:46 AM PDT

Looks like the beginning of ich to me. (Goldie tail) anyone else think so?

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:15 AM PDT

Help!! I just bought this black moor from my local pet shop and I realized after i put him in the tank he has white stringy stuff on him, his one eye is cloudy and he has white stuff on his stomach. Is it a fungal issue??

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:52 AM PDT

How to READ Aquarium or Pond Water

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:57 AM PDT

Goldfish cant float

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

After a couple weeks I've finally determined that my goldfish has swim bladder. She's had it before when i wasn't able to give her good quality food and she would often float but that issue went away when i managed to get her higher quality food. But suddenly she stopped being able to float and sinks to the bottom when she tries to swim. I sltransfered her over into a small tank with no gravel so she doesnt rub her belly and so the other goldfish doesnt stress her out... I also tried to make her a floating aid thing like some goldfish ive seen but she just too small and slips out of any thing i try to make... at this point ive basically given up and had multiple breakdowns on my floor because i feel so useless not being able to do anything to help and if there is i doupt i have the money for it. I dont want her to die or just continue suffering so i'm posting here as a last resort to see if there's anything i can do because google has been no help and im losing hope, im really attached to her and the thought of losing her breaks my heart (i probably just have too much empathy for me to handle)

submitted by /u/sorljuice
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.