Goldfish - Aquariums - Best purchase of the week.


Best purchase of the week.

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:46 PM PDT

My GF photographed my wonky goldfish

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:38 AM PDT

First day of quarantine for our new little guy, then it’s into the big tank! Amazing customer service from King Koi for a first time buyer

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:43 PM PDT

40 gallon finally cycled and we drove to King Koi Goldfish to get these chonks yesterday! Everyone meet Pon the ranchu and Ketchup the oranda (ft. my doggo). I’m new to reddit and this is my first tank so any advice would be greatly appreciated (๑˃̵á´—˂̵)Ùˆ

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

JubJub has been switched to sand after choking on pebbles twice, thanks for the advice everyone :)

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:42 AM PDT

No eyes required

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:46 PM PDT

whats a goldfish without pooping?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:07 AM PDT

Full disclosure, please don't bash!

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:39 PM PDT

So, here's the thing... I'm about 2 weeks from becoming homeless, courtesy of covid 19, and a nutso partner. Some of you may have read my posts about my baby boi Poe. Those that have know we are totally bonded, and I spoil him rotten. I'm NOT leaving Poe here. I know for a fact my partner would neglect him, if for no other reason than to spite me. So Poe is coming with me, until I find a foster home for him. I'll be getting a new phone, since I'll be off our family plan. I may post pictures. He will likely be in a 5 gallon tank. I have a water test kit, and some of his plants, sand and filter media will be coming with. I'll have a battery operated pump attached to a PennPlax filter. I'll have buckets for (I'm planning...) 25% water changes daily.

I need support and constructive advisement during this trying time in our lives. I have contacted LFS's and local big box stores, and they won't foster him, it's a "surrender" and he will be for sale after quarantine. Animal shelters won't take him.

So Poe is coming, with me. I hope I have support here, please.

submitted by /u/Zencat55
[link] [comments]

goldfish chase only after feeding is this mating or fighting?

Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:10 AM PDT

I have 4 goldfish and only 1 fish chase everyone only after feeding What does it mean are they fighting or mating

submitted by /u/biggbolls
[link] [comments]

My fish is swimming upside down how can I help her

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:35 PM PDT

She is a 4 (at least) year old comet goldfish that I won at a fair. She recently started growing an internal mass, which led to an infection, which led to her tail disintegrating. I took her to a vet where they did x rays which is how they diagnosed it, and she has been on antibiotic injections for a couple weeks to treat the infection. She has been acting and eating completely normal this whole time. Today after her injection she started floating to the bottom upside down, it's obviously a swim bladder issue but peas will not help as it's related to the mass. I'm going to take her back to the vet ASAP but it's currently 2:30 am and I don't know how long it will be before she can be seen. I want to know what I can do to help her in the meantime. I've got her in a 10 gal with 2 tbs of aquarium salt, no filter to reduce water flow, turned the temp up to 73, and an air stone.

submitted by /u/girl-anon
[link] [comments]

Why is the baby doing this????

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:02 PM PDT

My favourite part of the day.

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:30 PM PDT

Scrape on my goldfish

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:44 PM PDT

My new goldfish which I've had for about a week has had a lot of stress. Basically, she got some gravel on her and my mom thought it was ich, so we put some salt in. The directions didn't say to mix the salt first so she decided to move it to a 10 gallon tank temporarily. We forgot to match the temperatures and ph in the haste of all it and it was very stressful. We moved her back to the main tank last night and made sure to match the water. This morning however, she got caught up in a decoration and when I went to free her she had wriggled her way loose. She has a horrible scrape that took some of her scales off and is acting erratic. We went to the pet store to get some melafix in the tank and had done a partial water change the night before, although the water had been fine. The parameters are Ammonia: 0.25 (added ammo lock to prevent any poisoning from the ammonia) Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 0 Ph: 7.4 She's swimming sometimes on her side and staying still by the filter and by some decor? I want to know if there's anything I can do to help her because she's obviously struggling, other than giving her medicine and keeping the water clean. There is still about 70% of the salt left in the tank as well.

submitted by /u/ebolalinguine
[link] [comments]

Help with odd behaviour with my Goldie.

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:44 PM PDT

Hi all, I have a single Goldie that I have had for about 3 years. He was in a 10 gallon tank and has recently been upgraded to double the size with more room to move.

He looks healthy, still eats like a champ (I do a bit plant based and meat based) and when he is active he seems fine. His colours are quite good and no noticible parasites or injuries. That said he spends about half his time in a little nook of the tank not moving. It isn't consistently at the top or bottom of the tank and he doesn't have any trouble swimming. I should note this behaviour started long before the tank change so I don't believe it's stress and he has changed homes quite well.

I do weekly water checks and changes and there have been no drastic changes or issues. I also go to my local store and get them to check the water to make sure and all levels are good.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

submitted by /u/narc1s
[link] [comments]

Help I think my Black Moor has ick

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:28 PM PDT

I went to feed my fish (I have a 10 gallon) with three different types of goldfish. And I noticed my Black Moor has a faint white dot on his head. Is this ick? He seems to be doing fine, he's eating. Do you think this happened because the last water change I did I forgot to put the aqua safe for their tank?

submitted by /u/Crazy22506
[link] [comments]

Modern aquascapes for GF

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:36 PM PDT

Help with Bonk?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

Help with Bonk?

Hi all, first time poster etc etc.

We inherited eight fish when we moved into our house, and keep them in a 55 gallon aquarium. They look to all be standard goldfish. They're somewhere under 2 years old and up until today seemed to all be happy and healthy. They're all about 3 inches in length.

When I came downstairs for lunch, I looked at our aquarium and saw that Bonk (our almost certainly blind fish) was stuck against the filter inlet pipe. I don't know how long he was like that. I freaked out and unplugged the pipe (killing the suction) and he was able to swim away but he definitely isn't swimming normally. In particular, he can't seem to swim with his tail–it moves but not very much (and looks like it may be a bit curved over to the left), causing him to have to really pump his front fins to move around (which is unusual for him–he usually likes to spend the afternoon in the sunny side of the aquarium floating and occasionally moving a front fin to stay in place.). He doesn't seem to have any buoyancy issues though–he isn't floating at the surface or tipped over on his side, and he can move up and down in the tank.

While I was watching, he got close to the filter again and couldn't swim fast enough to get away–I was able to immediately unplug it to keep him from sticking again. His fins also show signs of damage, but I can't tell if it's from the filter interaction or something else. I look at them all pretty carefully everyday and their fins are generally in excellent shape so this is definitely new (I'd say since yesterday). Here's a good close up of the side he was stuck on:

https://preview.redd.it/jtjem6dsptg51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fc63e807157098c2b71fc651e1eab462d11c3bb3

The fins are definitely damaged, but he's the only fish in the aquarium showing any sort of fin issues, I don't think (?) there's a wider problem. I changed their water on Sunday (about 20%) and just checked their numbers again–ph is a tad low at about 6.8, but ammonia and nitrite both look to be 0.

All the other fish are happily swimming and foraging. It's just poor Bonk (who's my wife's absolute favorite) who's in trouble. What should I do from here? I was thinking of moving him to his own small tank (I'd have to buy one and fill it with water that's from this aquarium, maybe 10 gallons) for a few days to see if he improves (without a filter, and manually changing his water, since I don't want him to get stuck again). Is that a good plan?

submitted by /u/DrinkDramatic5139
[link] [comments]

What are some things you wish petstore workers were more educated on?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:03 PM PDT

Seeing as I work in petcare, I'm constantly trying to learn more about animals in order to give the best advice possible. Goldfish are, sadly, one of my blind spots and my work doesn't have very good training. So, as well as all the research I'm doing, I'm wondering if you all have anything you wish pet store employees knew when assisting people wanting to get into keeping goldfish.

Any information is food information! I just want to be able to give customers the best advice possible and get our fish into the best possible homes.

submitted by /u/Noctaroma
[link] [comments]

My poor baby Turrel is showing early stages of dropsy,There seem to be no issues with ammonia, or nitrogen levels. Im doing a 50% water change in the main tank and, Im currently feeding him antibacterial food, and an epsom salt bath. Has anyone ever successful treated dropsy and has any tips?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:10 AM PDT

Can anyone help me figure out what these growths are on my sweet oranda’s mouth?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:49 AM PDT

Just noticed this, does anyone know what’s wrong/what I can do? She has been just hanging out at the bottom of my tank for a few days but just started to look like this

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:39 PM PDT

What veg and fruit are safe?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:38 PM PDT

Hello all! Just looking into what treats i can give my shiny bubblers and a lot of websites say quite a bit of contrasting info so.. guys?

submitted by /u/frankensib
[link] [comments]

Tall tanks?

Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:12 AM PDT

Can I keep a fancy goldfish in a tall tank?

submitted by /u/Groundbreaking-Toe36
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.