Aquatic Snails Such great heights


Such great heights

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:08 PM PDT

She was curling her antenna around her eye while she nommed on an algae wafer

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

My new baby snail, Boca

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:10 PM PDT

What to feed my mystery snail?¿

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:30 PM PDT

I got a mystery snail today to add to my bettas 100litre tank and i was wondering what to feed my snail friend? and how much/ how often

submitted by /u/PXTN17
[link] [comments]

Pale Red Ramshorn Snail Help! (Info in comments)

Posted: 08 Aug 2020 02:02 AM PDT

Best Shopping Trip Ever!

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:05 PM PDT

I had a tank of ramshorns ages ago but something killed off the lot (never found out what) after I moved and I'm just now getting a new tank set up. I decided to stop at PetSmart to pick up some hornwort to help condition the tank and create hiding niches. The tank for plants in the store wasn't in the best shape, it looked almost like green-brown soup, and the employee mentioned "some guy" had been in and bought most of the good plants. :( Still, there was some hornwort bundles left. He bagged up some hornwort ... Then snagged a few more stray bits and tossed those in with the bundle. (Along with a bit of duckweed. And a few water spangles. And there might be a bit of anarchris as well.) I had seen countless baby snails all over some of the fish tanks and asked if I could have some - another employee helpfully scraped SEVERAL DOZEN of the babies into another bag of water. Most are tiny brown specks that can only be identified as "probably a snail" but according to my new best friend the pet store employee they are probably a mix of trumpet and mystery snails, they get trumpet snail hitchikers sometimes, and I saw at least one ramshorn. They only charged me for the one hornwort bundle, so the whole lot was less than $5. I wanted to post a picture, but they are both too tiny to show up in focus and have quickly disseminated within the hornwort et. al. to scrub off the algae clinging to it so it's hard to even see them. It just goes to show that it never hurts to ask!

submitted by /u/gosutoneko
[link] [comments]

Just found out I have snails in my tank, not sure what kind, I’m assuming they were on the plants that I ordered from eBay, I’m not complaining just curious as to how long it would take to figure out what kind they are.

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:21 PM PDT

What are thes little spring things

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:02 PM PDT

Someone please explain this

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:26 PM PDT

mustard hasn’t eaten for a few days, and has been floating for about 36 hours. turning him in the water while upside down hasn’t helped. what should i do?

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:01 PM PDT

Can my mystery snail get to air easily in a 40g goldfish tank?

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:26 AM PDT

I bought a mystery snail for my goldfish tank the other day, and it just occurred to me that they use their siphons to breathe occasionally. It is a 40g tank with a few large tank decorations, do you think my mystery snail will live comfortably in it?

submitted by /u/Miimmoouuu
[link] [comments]

Any advice for getting rid of assassin snail juveniles to make my 165L aquarium 100% safe for my new rabbit snails? Currently have a test-tube trap but not had much success!

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

Escaping baby mama drama

Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:02 AM PDT

New time user and poster here. Looking for some advice. I have a couple blue mystery snails that really love loving on each other. They've laid 6 egg clutches. I removed the clutches into a breeder box in a separate tank that I've setup just for them. The last couple days I've had a couple hatch. Suddenly my mama snail who is still in my original tank with her mate has tried to escape the tank the last 2 nights (open tank for floating vegetation). She has fallen both times and I'm worried about her safety. Is she trying to get to her babies? The tanks are side by side, does she smell her babies and want to be with them? I don't know why else she would suddenly feel the need to leave. Also I don't want to put the babies in the original tank with their parents because I also have a Betta fish in there, that would surely eat em! I'm not opposed to putting the parents in the babies tank but I understood that creates a lot of waste for the babies and they then have to compete for food. Also I tested my water and all the levels are within range. Any thoughts??

submitted by /u/SnailNameGame
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.