Aquatic Snails He clearly thinks he’s a bat... been hanging like this for hours


He clearly thinks he’s a bat... been hanging like this for hours

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:52 AM PDT

Macro video of Juvenile Japanese Trapdoor (probably 7-10 days old?)

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:55 PM PDT

My mystery snail is wack...he wont come off the water bottle!!!!

Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:16 AM PDT

Odd barnacle-like growth on nerite. Can anyone identity?

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:30 PM PDT

May participate in a genetics study with the mystery snails my buddies decided to have. We shall see!

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

How to know if a snails shell needs repair?

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:43 PM PDT

I got a nerite and his shell looked chipped towards the back end. My betta leaves him alone and he really only ever moves during the night... he seems healthy because every morning he's in a different spot. I can never get a good picture of the chip because he seems to always be out of range of my camera. I was thinking about cuttlebone for him or if I needed to repair. Just looking for sources so I can make my own judgement. I will also try to get a picture but my efforts aren't the best as it seems he only ever moves when ALL and I mean ALL the lights are off...

submitted by /u/FlacoLombardi
[link] [comments]

Parasnailing professional

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:54 AM PDT

Biscuit poking her face out of the hole she made from her courgette!!

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:40 PM PDT

Help why does his shell look like this? I recieved 6 of these guys as a gift and not really sure how to help him :(

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:41 PM PDT

Macro video of Adult Japanese Trapdoor (bonus RCS!)

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:54 PM PDT

new snail owner with questions

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:02 PM PDT

My son got 2 nerites yesterday & we set them up in a 1 gallon tank. He only wanted the snails, so no fish or anything else in the tank. 1 cruised all around checking things out, the other has been a little slow to explore. Do we need a bigger tank?

We dropped in 1 Hikari Algae Wafer yesterday afternoon & left it as we didn't want them to starve. This afternoon the water was green & smelled funky. One had climbed to lid of aquarium & the other near the top. We did a 30% water change and I sucked out most of the uneaten wafer. They have both moved down into the water a bit, so I think they are happier. Should I do another water change tomorrow or wait a week? How long do a leave the wafer in before I pull out what they don't eat?

submitted by /u/Rainydaygirlatheart
[link] [comments]

he chonkii

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:15 PM PDT

I've heard of snail swimming on the surface but I've never seen it in person before.

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:23 PM PDT

Help with extremely fertile nerite!

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:09 PM PDT

Hello everyone! I bought a single olive nerite from my LFS a month ago and she is continuously laying eggs that have developed into baby nerites. They're very cute but I have no idea what to do with the 14 and counting babies I have so far rounded up. I was wondering if this will be a continuous problem with the mom nerite always laying eggs or if it will stop at some point?

submitted by /u/clamslam0
[link] [comments]

My day-old mystery babies (taken through a microscope lens)

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:12 AM PDT

Grow out tank for pest snails?

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:06 PM PDT

I'm in a local aquarium club and wanted to make food for people that have pea puffers.

Would a 2-3 gallon tank work for this? I am constantly picking them out. 4-5 very small ramshorn snails every water change. There is also a growing bladder snail that I've become fond of.

Also would this tank need a filter and heater?

submitted by /u/Novelty_Lamp
[link] [comments]

What is this? Only Inhabitant is a bladder snail.

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 04:39 PM PDT

Calcium for snails

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 10:28 AM PDT

I have to mystery snails and I've used the eggshell method to give them calcium but I'm looking for another option I need things are safe to be in the tank with Betta fish as they are homes with my Betta thanks for the help

submitted by /u/lauren_the_sock
[link] [comments]

Is the open protruding flap normal? I feel like she didn’t have that before.

Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.