Micro Aquatics 15 Scarlet Badis later... I think my female hunt is finally over! Here SHE(?) is, after 7 days of quarantine!


15 Scarlet Badis later... I think my female hunt is finally over! Here SHE(?) is, after 7 days of quarantine!

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:11 PM PDT

What Livestock should I choose! Its been 2 weeks since its been running and want to start thinking about what types animals I want. I want the tank to be in equalibrium, I want a few small fish and one 'centre piece fish'. Also suggestions for plants are welcome of course. Its heated around 25 C°

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:33 AM PDT

Mini-canister filter for 5.5g with very low overhead

Posted: 01 Apr 2020 11:56 AM PDT

I have a bit of an odd request, so let me describe me setup and dilemma.

I have a 5.5 gallon tank that's fitted into one of those cubby holes in a cube storage type of entertainment center. I have maybe 3/4" clearance from the tank rim to the top of the cube shelf. In hindsight this was a terrible idea, but I've had this tank up and running in that setup for over 5 years. Right now I'm running a sponge filter with an air pump.

Because there is so little room, I can't fit larger tubes or lily pipes into the tank. The tube for my python siphon just barely fits but gets squished a little. So is there any kind of canister filter that uses something the size of airline tubing or the python tubing? DIY sump maybe?

Basically my air pump is ready to be replaced, and with the stay at home order I'm totally bored, so I figured what better time to upgrade and rig something up. I've checked out the ZooMed mini canister filter but the tubes are too thick.

Long shot I know, but an insight is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Grawlix13
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.